ADVERTISEMENT

Lyon County State Champs!

Crying shame we didn't recruit the Noah kid too. He had 48 yesterday. He can fill it up too!
Yep. We don't even use all of our scholarships and don't offer a 6'6" guard that commits to a P5. Just offer the dang kid and let him live a four year dream and make some NIL money.

Reactions: tomrain
Western Kentucky small public school, 293 students in grades 9-12. Lyon county joins the legendary ranks of the small schools with funny names like Cuba or Brewers that won despite David vs Goliath odds. Edmonson County sneaked in in the mid 1970's when it seemed Kentucky would join the rest of the nation in going to a class system for basketball. At that time, big Louisville schools like Male and Central fielded college like teams, and totally dominated the tournament. In 1969, Louisville Central won the title game by something 50 points. Had Edmonson County not won in 1976 (it was the 16th ranked team in the 16 team tournament, I have no doubt that Kentucky woould have gone to at least two, probably three classes. We will not see a repeat of a public school with fewer than 300 students winning again in our lifetimes. Travis Perry (closer to 6'0" than the 6'2" he is listed) joins King Kelly Coleman as a Kentucky legend. People will be talking about Travis Perry and tiny Lyon County 50 years from now.

Crying shame we didn't recruit the Noah kid too. He had 48 yesterday. He can fill it up too!
It would be something to see but you wouldn’t have to get to the game early if you’re going to watch the game in person. Both would come off the bench.

And he’s 6’6. No way you should let that kid leave the state to another P5 school without making him say no to a scholarship

Reactions: wkycatfan
I have a close friend in Lyon County and I asked him about Cal and if he thought Travis would be given the chance to play, until Sheppard most of the time Kentucky boys didn’t seem to get much playing time. He said if he didn’t get much of a chance to play, he wouldn’t be there but one year, that’s a fact. So I guess we will see, maybe Cal won’t be the coach when he gets there.

Signed with South Carolina. CCC didn't give him a sniff at a scholarship. He is too good of a shooter to play forward for CAL. We need more Athletes who can't shoot.
Well, they kicked our tails too. Good for him.

Lyon County with a great win. They have 3 D-1 players. Harlan County’s legs looked tired from that 3 hour turnaround. Fun game and great atmosphere.

Where's he going?

It's guys like him that play a role and hit clutch shots in March.
He broke Chris Lofton’s Sweet 16 tournament record for 3 pointers made. Legs got tired on him tonight. Bottom half of the bracket has to play 4 games in 3 days. No reason he shouldn’t be going to UK with Travis Perry.

He’s only a 4* so I’m not sure Cal can play him
Since Cal got to UK UCONN has won 3 championships and Villanova has won 2. Maybe Cal should consider changing his flawed system and recruit these types of players plus portal guys.

67-58. Travis Perry finishes with 27. He the ONLY shooter in this UK class , but will he get a shot at UK if JVC is here.
We all know he is for real, who knows under this coach he probably will never start and get to come in with the team behind on the scoreboard. Sad, but that is the state of Kentucky basketball under the used car salesman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT