ADVERTISEMENT

LOL @ Calipari hugging Reed Sheppard in the Green Room.

You better believe he'll use that as a recruiting tool.

''We had a guy come off the bench. And he went #3 in the draft like...what! So look, when you do the right stuff, no matter if you're starting or not. Good things happen and hey....these scouts will find you. So...look.....it's not about minutes''.

''We had a guy come off the bench. And he went #3 in the draft like...what! So look, when you do the right stuff, no matter if you're starting or not. Good things happen and hey....these scouts will find you. So...look.....it's not about minutes''.
Cal is already penciling in Sheppard and Bam's contracts into his "career earnings" pitch.

Considering Calipari did everything he could to not use Reed from day one, and the fact that everyone knows he hated recruiting him in the first place, go ahead and use it I guess. Reed is all blue and doesn’t give a sht about ark and I don’t belief cal either. He didn’t play at UK for Cao but Cal sure did hold him back to play his boy.

Considering Calipari did everything he could to not use Reed from day one, and the fact that everyone knows he hated recruiting him in the first place, go ahead and use it I guess. Reed is all blue and doesn’t give a sht about ark and I don’t belief cal either. He didn’t play at UK for Cao but Cal sure did hold him back to play his boy.
To not use Reed. Only Reaves played more. And the last 1/2 of the year I’m not even sure Reaves played more.

Agree to disagree. You start your best players, period.
Pretty sure Robinson was one of BYU's five best players last year and didn't start.

There were very few games this year that the outcome was predicated on who started.

It's not like we were any better when Reed started. In fact, we were worse. Now, I know the natural retort is going to be, "but so and so was injured when Reed played." To which I will ask, what games did we play this year where players weren't out injured?

Simple fact is, the outcome of this season wasn't likely going to be any different no matter what the starting line-up was. We were far too bad defensively, and our offense needed to be firing consistently to overcome that. Freshman just are consistent.

Pretty sure Robinson was one of BYU's five best players last year and didn't start.

There were very few games this year that the outcome was predicated on who started.

It's not like we were any better when Reed started. In fact, we were worse. Now, I know the natural retort is going to be, "but so and so was injured when Reed played." To which I will ask, what games did we play this year where players weren't out injured?

Simple fact is, the outcome of this season wasn't likely going to be any different no matter what the starting line-up was. We were far too bad defensively, and our offense needed to be firing consistently to overcome that. Freshman just are consistent.
Our offense was firing with Rob and Reed on the floor. Way more than DJ and Edwards. Which is what was argued on this board. We suck at defense, so just start Rob and Reed and outscore teams. Calipari had obligations to old friend Dejuan Wagner and Klutch. So we never got to see if that would work.

Our offense was firing with Rob and Reed on the floor. Way more than DJ and Edwards. Which is what was argued on this board. We suck at defense, so just start Rob and Reed and outscore teams. Calipari had obligations to old friend Dejuan Wagner and Klutch. So we never got to see if that would work.
Our offense sure wasn't firing with them the last couple games of the season. Again, freshman just aren't consistent. When they were good, theuly were very good. When they weren't, they were a liability. We all saw it. They were the latter the last 2 games of the season.

Reed played far more than DJ, which is ultimately what matters. Otherwise, I would need to see a game-by-game breakdown that you feel the outcome was impacted by who started.

It sure didn't seem like a big obligation when both Edwards and Bradshaw had their minutes cut drastically. Edwards earned some of his back as the season progressed. Bradshaw never really did.

To not use Reed. Only Reaves played more. And the last 1/2 of the year I’m not even sure Reaves played more.

Yea benching your best players to start the game and halves surely we’re not debating this stuff anymore? He tried his best but at the end of the day he had no choice. But it took no choice. Luckily we don’t have a trash coach anyone who’s worried about anything other than the right lineup to win games. Cal didn’t give a sht it’s not debatable. He fooled a lot of people but it’s over.

I think that guys a troll. There’s no way anyone doesn’t understand this stuff unless they just can’t I guess. Nobody in America is starting Wagner over Sheppard by game 10 minimum. Nobody. And there are very simple reasons for that so if someone doesn’t get it I’m not wasting my time with that nonsense. It’s not a legitimate debate.

Of course Cal is gonna be there for the players that were on his team. Any coach would do that, y'all make it sound like he farted in Mother Thereasa's face. IMO I like Reed a ton, but I just don't see him as the best collage player in the country last year, man, (it was two big foreign players that went ahead of him)I would take that Conneticut big or the Purdue big, or even Knecht at 6'7". I think Reed is going to have trouble trying to guard Lebron or our own SKG or Butler.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz

Creepy how this is absolutely 100% plausible as a quote, nailed the pacing and pauses too.

Our offense sure wasn't firing with them the last couple games of the season. Again, freshman just aren't consistent. When they were good, theuly were very good. When they weren't, they were a liability. We all saw it. They were the latter the last 2 games of the season.

Reed played far more than DJ, which is ultimately what matters. Otherwise, I would need to see a game-by-game breakdown that you feel the outcome was impacted by who started.

It sure didn't seem like a big obligation when both Edwards and Bradshaw had their minutes cut drastically. Edwards earned some of his back as the season progressed. Bradshaw never really did.
They were less of a liability than DJ and Edwards. And look, the whole team was built very badly. Calipari panicked by adding two 3 stars last minute, because he couldn't get anyone else. And had Tre Mitchell fall in his lap. We didn't have any better options other than to start Rob and Reed. And to hope they played through their lumps. Instead we rode with DJ and Edwards and got double 1st round losses.

I think that guys a troll. There’s no way anyone doesn’t understand this stuff unless they just can’t I guess. Nobody in America is starting Wagner over Sheppard by game 10 minimum. Nobody. And there are very simple reasons for that so if someone doesn’t get it I’m not wasting my time with that nonsense. It’s not a legitimate debate.
So, please provide your analysis of each game you feel we lost because Reed didn't start. Otherwise, you're simply basing your opinion on emotions.

It's just leadbelly being himself. I'm playing along though.

Meh...criticize him for whatever else, but this is just being disgruntled about an employee who left 3 months ago....obsessive even

He's supporting his players...why's dan hurley there then if not?
Weird take to expect people to just stop talking about Cal. He was our coach for 14 years and just left a few months ago. People are still taking about Pitino after almost 30 years.

Weird take to expect people to just stop talking about Cal. He was our coach for 14 years and just left a few months ago. People are still taking about Pitino after almost 30 years.

The ones that keep having problems with it, like
The guy you’re responding to, were hard core Calipari suckers who got played and know it. They were wrong for years and stubborn about it. Now that the evidence was presented they just want the whole thing dropped.

Almost, nearly, everybody that wants his name dropped were bought by his salesmanship and still have that feeling toward him so instead of bashing anyone telling the truth like they did for years, they want the whole thing dropped. I’ve noticed it too and thought it was weird until I started paying attention to the ones that want it dropped the most.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT