ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

You guys are missing it. Wayward son is Einhorn, Einhorn is RC. RC is Wayward Son .

D030E05C-FE29-4657-AD16-DFD28B5F860C.gif

Reactions: Slowwalker
"According to the superseding indictment, adidas executive Gatto helped to direct about $40,000 in payments to the father of a player 'widely regarded as the top high school recruit in the state of North Carolina' to induce him to play for North Carolina State."

For the Kansas fans that think they aren't involved in this.. that this only has to do with the players and the shoe companies.

Even if by some miraculous oversight by Self and he, nor his coaching staff, knew this was going on.. someone at Kansas was working with Gatto to get recruits to their school. At the very least, the punishment should be vacated wins and this years Final 4.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
I think you somehow missed my point as I'm saying exactly what you're saying. Of course the kid got paid. That was 100% obvious to any but the most blind KU fan, and Self just threw up a smoke screen as he tried to "handle it" quietly once he found out. Still didn't answer my question, and I'm not asking that to try and argue. I'm just saying it seems pretty clear. Why would they self report and hold Preston out if they were at all complicit? To say it again, that don't make no damn sense.

Maybe because he knew they were busted and tried to get ahead receiving further punishment. Why else do teams self report? The FBI probe came out, he knew he was dirty, and instead of just going to the NCAA and admitting, he uses a car wreck that no report was ever filed on as a reason to dig...

You didn’t answer my question, why are you so ashamed to just admit you are a KU fan?

Reactions: awf
UNC and Kentucky boards - both not very tolerant, okay. I read what RC posted. He was banned because he said Cal’s NCAA tournament record should include 0-1 for UMass and 0-1 for Memphis for the seasons that were vacated by the NCAA. Your board does not allow criticism of any type of your coach from fans of other schools.
You’re an idiot.

I watched that movie, "Amateur," on Netflix, and it sounds like even the 8th Graders are getting paid to play these days.

Some strange times we are living in, my bros!

Didn't read the entire 208 posts so maybe this has already been pointed out but KU didn't seem to get all that much for their money.

Reactions: Cindog28
6 pages of posts and no one has mentioned the part I find most interesting. This came from a Washington Post article.

"Gatto and the consultant also conspired to make payments to the guardian of another top high school player to get a recruit to Kansas, prosecutors alleged. The player’s guardian told the Adidas officials another school, sponsored by another apparel company, had already paid for the player’s commitment but the player wanted to attend Kansas. On Sept. 11, 2017, in a wiretapped phone conversation, the consultant told Gatto he needed “another $20,000″ to get the recruit “out from under” the deal to attend the other school, prosecutors alleged."

I would guess that is Under Armor and it's the first time I remember another apparel company has been directly mentioned. At this point, there was almost an auction going on. Crazy stuff. The NCAA can't walk away from this.

Reactions: ib4ky and Jazzycat
Just a guess...
Miami- Lonnie Walker. He picked them over us. He fell asleep at Big Blue Madness like he knew he wasn't coming here. He picked Miami shortly thereafter. Why would a 5 star go to Miami over UK??

NC State- Dennis Smith.

Kansas- Def Josh Jackson and probably Andrew Wiggins. Cal would not recruit Jackson, the #1 player in his class so that is clue #1. Wiggins was supposed to be a strong lean here then picks KU.

UL- Def Brian Bowen. I wonder if there's others? If so, look at VJ King. Ratino couldn't sign a 5 star to save his life when Cal got here and the last couple of years their "luck changed." Hmm.

If you think Cal and UK aren't involved in any of this, you are delusional. If you think only Adidas is involved in this you are delusional. The dots to connect are Cal - WWW- Agents/Nike. If I were a UK or Duke fan, I'd be really nervous. Of course, what will happen is the NCAA will create some lame excuse not to punish the blue blood schools while at the same time raking NC State and Miami over the coals.

6 pages of posts and no one has mentioned the part I find most interesting. This came from a Washington Post article.

"Gatto and the consultant also conspired to make payments to the guardian of another top high school player to get a recruit to Kansas, prosecutors alleged. The player’s guardian told the Adidas officials another school, sponsored by another apparel company, had already paid for the player’s commitment but the player wanted to attend Kansas. On Sept. 11, 2017, in a wiretapped phone conversation, the consultant told Gatto he needed “another $20,000″ to get the recruit “out from under” the deal to attend the other school, prosecutors alleged."

I would guess that is Under Armor and it's the first time I remember another apparel company has been directly mentioned. At this point, there was almost an auction going on. Crazy stuff. The NCAA can't walk away from this.
It would seem difficult for the NCAA to walk away from this but Emmert hinted as much during his interview prior to the start of the NCAAT. The NCAA continues to be embarrassed by the scope and magnitude of what was going on right under their nose,while they were concerned with 500 win basketballs and excessive cream cheese on bagels.

I agree with your point about a bidding war going on between companies and schools for some players.It seems some of these poor"kids" and their families were exploiting certain schools and college basketball as a whole but by all means let's pay them,let them transfer at will and have agents running around all over college basketball.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
If you think Cal and UK aren't involved in any of this, you are delusional. If you think only Adidas is involved in this you are delusional. The dots to connect are Cal - WWW- Agents/Nike. If I were a UK or Duke fan, I'd be really nervous. Of course, what will happen is the NCAA will create some lame excuse not to punish the blue blood schools while at the same time raking NC State and Miami over the coals.

Except this investigation has nothing to do with Nike. It's kind of proving that Nike knows how to do this stuff without getting involved with slimy idiots like Christian Dawkins.

Reactions: seccats04
UNC and Kentucky boards - both not very tolerant, okay. I read what RC posted. He was banned because he said Cal’s NCAA tournament record should include 0-1 for UMass and 0-1 for Memphis for the seasons that were vacated by the NCAA. Your board does not allow criticism of any type of your coach from fans of other schools.

Go post on the UL board and see how it's handled. I've seen more snarky BS posted on here about our team than other forums would ever allow. Now I've not seen RC post anything horribly negative, just stating his school biased opinions, which I believe we all should be allowed to do as long as it's not nasty. Maybe something I didn't see rubbed a mod the wrong way?

Except this investigation has nothing to do with Nike. It's kind of proving that Nike knows how to do this stuff without getting involved with slimy idiots like Christian Dawkins.

I believe Nike will be released in this as well. The FBI said that they have stuff on them but haven't released it yet

Go post on the UL board and see how it's handled. I've seen more snarky BS posted on here about our team than other forums would ever allow. Now I've not seen RC post anything horribly negative, just stating his school biased opinions, which I believe we all should be allowed to do as long as it's not nasty. Maybe something I didn't see rubbed a mod the wrong way?
RC was very good at explaining away $h1^ going on at KU,Self probably should have had him on staff for that purpose.I think the latest round of stuff was more than he could bear,poor devil he was just to high strung.

Why are you still here? And still using 2008 talking points?

You need to get back to the little kids table and work on your upcoming series with Tennessee. You might actually be able to tie the series somewhere down the line. You can hope, right?

Memphis is a dump program, rated #46 historically by espn. You are a joke. You just hired a middle school basketball coach as a gimmick to sell tickets because no one cares about Memphis little league basketball.

No one here cares what you think. Let the door smack you in the mouth on your way out. Actually let Calipari bitch slap you out that door for the second time.

UK, after everything that's come out, isn't really involved. You keep dreaming those dreams from 2008. It won't help you.

Didn't read the entire 208 posts so maybe this has already been pointed out but KU didn't seem to get all that much for their money.
Because it’s not KU’s money. It was a deal between Adidas and player leeches apparently. KU is actually listed as the victim in this by the FBI.

In all reality this Adidas stuff probably cost us at least one title. Cal was dominating recruiting from when he got here until around 2014. After that the classes started to have some major holes as far as having a complete roster. Still had good classes but was not able to close on some needed talent at certain positions. I might be wrong, but the timeframe of this Adidas stuff is when some top players started making some odd decisions on where they committed.

Under Armor paid DeSouza's guardian to get him to attend Maryland. Squirrelhead Bill thru Adidas offered more, especially when Preston ran into eligibility "issues" & they needed another big. Self will cry ignorance & play the victim like every good liberal, but Self answers to no one in Lawrence. Everyone is greased including the cops. He runs & knows everything concerning KU. He is 100% complicit. These are the facts & they are undeniable.

RC was very good at explaining away $h1^ going on at KU,Self probably should have had him on staff for that purpose.I think the latest round of stuff was more than he could bear,poor devil he was just to high strung.
So ban him? Group think is the Kentucky way?

Posting on the UL board would probably have the same fate as posting a non-bias Kentucky post on Rupp - Ban. By even mentioning this ban, I will probably be banned by your Mods. Different thinking is not acceptable on UL or UK boards.

Like paying Marvin Bagley's family to run an AAU team it created for him? Or, trying to "convince" James Wiseman to leave Memphis East to go to Findlay Prep to get him out of Memphis his senior year? Before you state that Findlay is a "national" team and superior team, keep in mind that East beat them by 15 this year. Why would a certain college coach (Cal), a prominent shoe company, and a bunch of old white "financial advisers" care where a kid plays high school basketball? $$$$$?

LOL.........first off... its a little too obvious that Wayward son is RC's other account.

Second .. I love watching nooneputsbabyinacorner's desperation attempt to deflect their shame. He and his fellow KU fans have screamed to the heavens about WWW for almost a decade now when UK and Cal are mentioned but suddenly when Adidas is proven to cheat like Pitino at an italian restaurant.... its ok for them because everyone does it.... LOL.

Posting on the UL board would probably have the same fate as posting a non-bias Kentucky post on Rupp - Ban. By even mentioning this ban, I will probably be banned by your Mods. Different thinking is not acceptable on UL or UK boards.

Interesting that you have repeatedly bashed our mods and you haven't been banned yet. When you do get banned, you will go crying to the posters on the KU board just like RC did, right?

Reactions: crittel56
Because it’s not KU’s money. It was a deal between Adidas and player leeches apparently. KU is actually listed as the victim in this by the FBI.

I'm not buying the victim mentality. If the schools and/or coaches aren't involved in some way, then what is the incentive for a player to choose a particular school for cash? There has to be at least "handlers" if not a coach for the schools that are bidding on these kids to get them to their schools.

Based on the indictment (the parent/guardians of Preston/DeSousa received payments from an Adidas reps to steer them to KU)... and w/ no speculation/conspiracy...
Preston is a non-issue, he never played.
What may happen to KU will depend on whether DeSousa knew.
If he did...
- KU isn't a victim (he is as much KU as Self)
- they lose all wins he participated in, starting in December
- no record-breaking string of consecutive conference tournaments
- no record current streak of consecutive NCAA winning seasons
- no longest streak of consecutive NCAA tourney appearances
- and no FF appearance

... if he didn't know... they escape w/o penalty (and considering what happened at UNC, they probably walk regardless)

Lol! Victim....LMAO! Do you honestly believe that Adidas just pays tens of thousands of dollars to random recruits to attend KU because they just really, really like Kansas? Here is 50K, go play for KU, but don’t tell them I gave you this money, I don’t want them to know....

You won’t be banned for posting a different opinion than UK fans. You should be given a warning for your numerous attempts to derail this thread and make it about that bitch RC and banned if you continue it. Stay on topic choker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT