ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

That’s a bit misleading. It was an Adidas rep who paid Jackson.

Additionally, how any one can get excited about this again is beyond me. The NCAA has already shown they won’t do anything. You have Bagley who was paid hundreds of thousands by Nike, and it barely made a blip in the news. Circulated on online message boards for a few days and puttered out.

Any word on who the other 4 might be?
Just a guess...
Miami- Lonnie Walker. He picked them over us. He fell asleep at Big Blue Madness like he knew he wasn't coming here. He picked Miami shortly thereafter. Why would a 5 star go to Miami over UK??

NC State- Dennis Smith.

Kansas- Def Josh Jackson and probably Andrew Wiggins. Cal would not recruit Jackson, the #1 player in his class so that is clue #1. Wiggins was supposed to be a strong lean here then picks KU.

UL- Def Brian Bowen. I wonder if there's others? If so, look at VJ King. Ratino couldn't sign a 5 star to save his life when Cal got here and the last couple of years their "luck changed." Hmm.

Just read the official statement, doesn't sound too good for them.

Dac6IxBU8AAYyIc.jpg:large

So 6 total players for 4 schools? It seems like initially it was just 2 players at UofL and Miami. So between NC State and Kansas there are 4 new play-for-pay recruits? We know Jackson and Smith. I wonder if Billy Preston was involved.

How can Bowen play at USC with this mess going on? No way he is eligible to play college ball.
When has he played for USC? I believe they applied for eligibility and the NCAA denied the application, has something changed?

♫"Well I think I'm losing my mind, this time
This time I'm losing my mind; that's right
I said I think I'm losing my mind, this time
This time, I'm losing my mind"♫

I sat across the bar from one with his Kansas jersey on while NOVA was making fools of them. I didn't have any UK gear on but I made sure to loudly say"WOW"! everytime NOVA hit a 3. He wanted to crawl out of there.

How can Bowen play at USC with this mess going on? No way he is eligible to play college ball.
How could any number of players have played this last season. If there’s any constant we should have all learned by now it’s that the NCAA is grossly incompetent when it comes to dealing with this stuff.

Reactions: awf
Isn't this also what was alleged to have happened with Bam and Andy Miller's Agency (ASM Sports)?? What is the difference between these situations?? Does one involve more solid evidence than the other?? Should we be worried as well?

LOL. Hey Kneeburns, Hey RC Tex. About your crowing over small pickups in the All-Time wins race (even though Kentucky has had more wins in the majority of the years Cal has been here) .. Looks like you can subtract between 30 and 100...That's going to leave a mark...Better hold on tight to those Helms Banners, now more than ever...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT