ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

An ineligible player is an ineligible player. The NCAA has the authority to punish Kansas no matter their involvement. If you accept an improper benefit from anyone to attend a sports program you are ineligible. The NCAA won't have to work hard on this one. The FBI is doing all the work for them. Would be wise for the NCAA to just keep quiet until the FBI is done.

This is true and this is something the NCAA does not consistently apply.

It is going to get worse for KU, Forde and Thamel have all said that they think Bill Self and Miller have the most to worry about. Most think the big fish is KU in the FBI probe, it was alleged that there was a big fish. It is not UL and RP, said he carried one and he was happy that anyone thought this. Most people know they have been paying off with cahoots of Adidas Preston, Jackson's mom and her AAU BS deal, and the Canadian deal with Wiggins. That was the first time Adidas got dirty for KU, the kid from Chicago was dirty. Numerous others.

The only question is does KU get lumped in with Adidas, they were involved and facilitated the deal but will they have enough evidence and corroborating evidence from recordings, coaches etc. They are head up in this but do they have the goods and are the witnesses good. KU may say Adidas did this or rouge agent for them.
IMO

Reactions: the stat man
Where’s everyone getting josh jascsons name at? Is this just presumed or is there something out there naming him or Preston directly?
Jacksons mom was listed on that agent ledger as getting money, that's a separate issue from the Adidas thing

self_oz_money.jpg

Man Cat your killing it tonight lol !! The Rug Doctor may start to pull out that fake hair before this is all over lol !! Hey Jailhawks, just do like Rat face and refuse to talk about it !!!

Reactions: CatPhight
It is going to get worse for KU, Forde and Thamel have all said that they think Bill Self and Miller have the most to worry about. Most think the big fish is KU in the FBI probe, it was alleged that there was a big fish. It is not UL and RP, said he carried one and he was happy that anyone thought this. Most people know they have been paying off with cahoots of Adidas Preston, Jackson's mom and her AAU BS deal, and the Canadian deal with Wiggins. That was the first time Adidas got dirty for KU, the kid from Chicago was dirty. Numerous others.

The only question is does KU get lumped in with Adidas, they were involved and facilitated the deal but will they have enough evidence and corroborating evidence from recordings, coaches etc. They are head up in this but do they have the goods and are the witnesses good. KU may say Adidas did this or rouge agent for them.
IMO

Pat Forde is a hack and a Missouri alumni.

If Kansas knew, then that would be right. The FBI says that Kansas did not know. The NCAA does whatever they want. So who knows what they do. They've done nothing with Arizona, even though their assistant coach was indicted, yet they hammered Louisville. They haven't done anything regarding Bagley to Duke. Did Auburn or Alabama get any sanctions? How about USC?
Get your facts straight. They haven’t done shite yet to Louisville or any other school for anything fbi related.

RC was banned for having a different opinion than a typical Rupp poster. Most fans of other teams get banned faster on Rupp than any other team fan board for not cheering the Wildcats. He won’t be able to comment.

I will say that Kansas won’t have any games forfeited. Sorry Schwaggy.

You obviously haven’t been here much. This board is pretty tolerant of other fans, more so than the majority. Boards such as UL, UNC, and a few others will ban you for just having a username related to a team they dislike....

RC was banned because he likes to be a dick.

So it's SDS and Preston apparently confirmed.

Regarding Silvio, sounds like it was his guardian who took the cash. A question I saw on twitter is could they use the ol' Cam Newton play? Would go something like this- apparently the guardian wasn't even his legal guardian anymore (since he turned 19 or something) so no actual relationship or obligation, and since the money didn't go to Silvio, but to someone trying to "guide" him, the argument would be Silvio wasn't involved at all. Just some greedy adult trying to take advantage (aka Cam Newton's dad).

The Preston thing is obviously a non-issue for KU since they didn't play him. That will also buy them some good-will and backup their claim of no involvement. As much as we all want to see another school scandal like L-Ville, have to give KU credit for actually holding Preston out (and eventually kicking him out), because if they were the ones paying him then obviously they wouldn't have had a problem with it and would have just played him as normal.

Sadly nothing will happen to KU. Just read it, and the FBI report lists Kansas as the “victim” and specifically states that the rep intentionally concealed the payments from Kansas so they would not be aware.

That is what the NCAA will note, and nothing will happen.

I'm sure that was a stipulation in the deal from the jump. Plausible deniability. The idea that Self knew nothing is a joke.

Cliff Alexander is enough to do Kansas in, if anyone wants to. It came out halfway through the season he was ineligible for impermissive benefits.

Noone cared to do anything about them then. So doubt they will now

Regarding Silvio, sounds like it was his guardian who took the cash. A question I saw on twitter is could they use the ol' Cam Newton play? Would go something like this- apparently the guardian wasn't even his legal guardian anymore (since he turned 19 or something) so no actual relationship or obligation, and since the money didn't go to Silvio, but to someone trying to "guide" him, the argument would be Silvio wasn't involved at all. Just some greedy adult trying to take advantage (aka Cam Newton's dad).

The Preston thing is obviously a non-issue for KU since they didn't play him. That will also buy them some good-will and backup their claim of no involvement. As much as we all want to see another school scandal like L-Ville, have to give KU credit for actually holding Preston out (and eventually kicking him out), because if they were the ones paying him then obviously they wouldn't have had a problem with it and would have just played him as normal.

So in one breath, you say KU didn’t know (DeSousa) and in another breath you say they did (Preston), because they didn’t play him...right.

Wishful thinking KU fan boy. The NCAA has set precedent that it doesn’t matter if the school knew or not. They vacated Cal’s games twice and he had no clue. Also, after the Newton thing, the NCAA closed that loophole.

Go crawl back under Self’s rug.

RC was banned because he said the same thing the NCAA said: Cal’s vacated seasons st UMass and Memphis should be 0-1 for each year when determining his Tournament winning percentage.

RC has been banned from this board numerous times, each time was because he is a dickhead.

DeSousa kept KU afloat when Dok was out injured.. no way they would have been a one seed without him.

Likely Self took a gamble on that one. If they were going to get slammed, then it would happen whether he played him or not, so why not give it a shot? Be nice to see them lose a FF banner though.

UNC and Kentucky boards - both not very tolerant, okay. I read what RC posted. He was banned because he said Cal’s NCAA tournament record should include 0-1 for UMass and 0-1 for Memphis for the seasons that were vacated by the NCAA. Your board does not allow criticism of any type of your coach from fans of other schools.

Baloney. Rival fans get away with FAR more then do on the UNCheat board. It's not even remotely the same.

Alexander, Jackson's mom and him, Preston, Wiggins, the kid from Ohio who has since transferred Briggs who begged UK for scholly. Cal never touched. I find it very ironic that Duke and UK were never big players for these guys. Wiggins was a shocker but apparently a lot more going on North of border in that recruitment.
Ayton, Oubre all were weird recruitments. Porter at Mizzou was weird. Jackson's mom pretty much calling out Cal as Oubre's dad, all were one and done. I think Cal and UK did not play the game. It's coming out on KU.
I go by Duke and UK not being involved in those Arizona and KU recruitments. R Awlkins, Ayton.
Duke may have gotten help on Bagley from Nike, Lebron with his connections- Reddish, Zion.
IMO

KU fans better be concerned though. Even though I think in the end the NCAA will not do anything, if they do make an example out of anyone, you can bet it will be Kansas rather than Duke or UNCheat. Those two are legit untouchable.

Alexander, Jackson's mom and him, Preston, Wiggins, the kid from Ohio who has since transferred Briggs who begged UK for scholly. Cal never touched. I find it very ironic that Duke and UK were never big players for these guys. Wiggins was a shocker but apparently a lot more going on North of border in that recruitment.
Ayton, Oubre all were weird recruitments. Porter at Mizzou was weird. Jackson's mom pretty much calling out Cal as Oubre's dad, all were one and done. I think Cal and UK did not play the game. It's coming out on KU.
I go by Duke and UK not being involved in those Arizona and KU recruitments. R Awlkins, Ayton.
Duke may have gotten help on Bagley from Nike, Lebron with his connections- Reddish, Zion.
IMO

I think there are two possibilities. One is that this does go on everywhere and Cal is knee deep in pay for play like all the big boys. Or two, the big money started getting bandied about after Cal started crushing everyone in recruiting. I think the latter is more likely.

So in one breath, you say KU didn’t know (DeSousa) and in another breath you say they did (Preston), because they didn’t play him...right.

Wishful thinking KU fan boy. The NCAA has set precedent that it doesn’t matter if the school knew or not. They vacated Cal’s games twice and he had no clue. Also, after the Newton thing, the NCAA closed that loophole.

Go crawl back under Self’s rug.
What are you talking about? I have no skin in this at all. I love a great scandal and would take joy in seeing some of these schools burn. I just can't mindlessly jump in with the mob though as I can't shut my brain off which applies logic to the discussion. I guess to your comment, I'm saying they probably didn't know about the Silvio kid, but found out about Preston.

Coming to that conclusion is pretty simple. Just set aside the bloodlust for a second and answer me this. If KU knew/was complicit in these payments...why in the hell would they sit, self report (remember they are the ones who contacted the NCAA about Billy) and then eventually part ways with Preston. That don't make no damn sense. Likely what happened is they started asking some questions about whatever that car was he was driving, figured out something was shady and then held him out. Again, answer that question...why in the world would they self report and quietly boot him otherwise?

Reactions: ipatent
What are you talking about? I have no skin in this at all. I love a great scandal and would take joy in seeing some of these schools burn. I just can't mindlessly jump in with the mob though as I can't shut my brain off which applies logic to the discussion. I guess to your comment, I'm saying they probably didn't know about the Silvio kid, but found out about Preston.

Coming to that conclusion is pretty simple. Just set aside the bloodlust for a second and answer me this. If KU knew/was complicit in these payments...why in the hell would they sit, self report (remember they are the ones who contacted the NCAA about Billy) and then eventually part ways with Preston. That don't make no damn sense. Likely what happened is they started asking some questions about whatever that car was he was driving, figured out something was shady and then held him out. Again, answer that question...why in the world would they self report and quietly boot him otherwise?

You really think he sat an entire year over a used dodge? When has Self ever told the truth regarding why his kids aren’t playing? Name one instance. If you remember correctly, Preston stopped playing when the FBI probe came to light.

As for the comment about having no skin in the game, quit pretending and just come out. You aren’t fooling anyone as numerous posters call you out in every KU thread. You show up in every one defending them. I guess I would be a little ashamed too....

You really think he sat an entire year over a used dodge?
I think you somehow missed my point as I'm saying exactly what you're saying. Of course the kid got paid. That was 100% obvious to any but the most blind KU fan, and Self just threw up a smoke screen as he tried to "handle it" quietly once he found out. Still didn't answer my question, and I'm not asking that to try and argue. I'm just saying it seems pretty clear. Why would they self report and hold Preston out if they were at all complicit? To say it again, that don't make no damn sense.

I think there are two possibilities. One is that this does go on everywhere and Cal is knee deep in pay for play like all the big boys. Or two, the big money started getting bandied about after Cal started crushing everyone in recruiting. I think the latter is more likely.
Cal and Duke are swimming in same waters, if not Duke then UK and vice versa.

You have to be pretty mindful to see how a lot of this played out.
2015-16 recruiting changed. Cal did not offer Jackson, Awlkins, Ayton, Duvall, Porter Preston,
Newman was always a weird recruitment, Jaylen Brown, Oubre talking about priorities and how Cal recruited, he was OAD too. Jackson's mom, Preston's, Awlkin, Aytons were all on the take, pay the AAU program to get access to my son. All knew. Cal did not get involved, Duke did not get involve. It was known that she was pimping kid with shoe companies and Colleges. Make a donation to her travel squad. She played the game and played the system. It was all a big scam, probably will be indicted for skimming money or laundering in a phony AAU deal.
Cliff Alexander, major reports, UK never got involved. Bragg all but begging.
IMO

The Cam Newton loophole was closed. That's an easy Google search.

RC was banned because he said the same thing the NCAA said: Cal’s vacated seasons st UMass and Memphis should be 0-1 for each year when determining his Tournament winning percentage.

You’re wrong and people would respect you more if you didn’t keep up with this tantrum of yours. Rupp Rafters , at times, is even somewhat TO lenient when it comes to rival fans. You’re friend was a complete dick. That’s why he was banned

Reactions: Slowwalker

DSJ getting paid, just like we all assumed. State worked with Adidas to pay him. He pocketed over $100K before his freshman season began.

The best part about it is that he didn't even end up signing with Adidas

An NC State coach paid $40,000 for a recruit?!

How is that any different than what Dwayne Casey did?
https://mobile.nytimes.com/1989/05/...-program-and-2-players-heavily-penalized.html

The NCAA has to hit NC State (and any other schools caught in this investigation) with penalties just as severe as UK got.

Tell RC...oh you can’t because he was banned

I wish he was still able to post here. Would like to ask him if the FBI agents investigating KU are, as we all suspect, in fact Mizzou grads trying to "bring KU down".

If you don't mind, why don't you go ask him and report back to us.

Last edited:
Reactions: FrankUnderwood
ADVERTISEMENT