ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

Typical KU fan response. Sounds like the UNCheat fan response.

Hawx 76 posts
94 minutes ago
Everybody does this. We're no dirtier than the rest of them. Just stop the charade and let these kids get paid for pete's sake. It's happening everywhere anyways

Reactions: brianpoe
Yeah, I don't see the powerful KU, Dook, or UK getting busted. It just wouldn't be beneficial for the NCAA to do it. Heck, it took a three-year investigation, cash falling out of an envelope, and players admitting to the LHL that they had gotten paid for the NCAA to do anything to UK in '89.

Reactions: flacat22
This bullshit about KU not knowing is hilarious. Seriously? Here, I want to give you a shit ton of cash to go to this school but they don’t know anything about it at all. I just really, really, really like them and want to see them get the best players....

Every response to the thread on the KU board is, “yeah, but it says we are the victim. We knew nothing about it...”

Reactions: shep21754
soft_billy.jpg

Reactions: Cindog28 and BBUK
It looks like Marcus Garrett is the other, along with Silvio De Sousa. Garrett's already been recruited over, but De Sousa getting ruled ineligible would be a big blow to next year's team.

I don't think much will happen as far as vacating games, but there's no way those guys can play next season.

It looks like Marcus Garrett is the other, along with Silvio De Sousa. Garrett's already been recruited over, but De Sousa getting ruled ineligible would be a big blow to next year's team.

I don't think much will happen as far as vacating games, but there's no way those guys can play next season.

Garrett didn’t get cash....it is Preston and De Sousa I think. Preston’s mom ran an AAU team and his signing fits the timeline.

DeSousa kept KU afloat when Dok was out injured.. no way they would have been a one seed without him.

I agree with this. As a UK fan, I can't help but to be concerned that the shoe companies have been paying players for awhile, and even if we didn't know, we could be implicated if any of our players got paid. I honestly think it is naive to think none of our payers were paid. I don't think we paid anyone, but I bet someone did.

you're looking at it the wrong way. the goal of the investigation is to indict the shoe companies for defrauding universities. their view, except when a coach is proven to be involved, is that the universities are victims. this means that the ncaa more than likely probably won't really do much with the basic shoe company and aau shenanigans when the investigation wraps up.

Reactions: ipatent
you're looking at it the wrong way. the goal of the investigation is to indict the shoe companies for defrauding universities. their view, except when a coach is proven to be involved, is that the universities are victims. this means that the ncaa more than likely probably won't really do much with the basic shoe company and aau shenanigans when the investigation wraps up.

I'm sure that's it... [roll]

tumblr_mvxjpnTan21rdutw3o1_400.gif

Lol.....sorry, no. The FBI looks at Gatto as running a wire fraud and possible tax evasion scam.....which would be turned over to the IRS.

The NCAA looks at a player paid to go to a specific school. That means ineligible and forfeited games.

i'm just saying don't be surprised when a shitload of schools don't get any sort of punishment for this

hey Schwagg where are the Residents KU fans mr. Burns Mr. Elliot (RC)
RC was banned for having a different opinion than a typical Rupp poster. Most fans of other teams get banned faster on Rupp than any other team fan board for not cheering the Wildcats. He won’t be able to comment.

I will say that Kansas won’t have any games forfeited. Sorry Schwaggy.

Word is it's Preston and DeSousa. Allegation also says KU was a victim...defrauded. So in English, that means KU had no involvement. Preston was held out when the car incident raised questions. That's called institutional control.

Makes sense that it's DeSousa. He was a Maryland target and that's the flagship Under Armour school. Seems this whole thing was about Adidas outbidding UA for certain players after UA started making inroads into the top recruits.

RC was banned for having a different opinion than a typical Rupp poster. Most fans of other teams get banned faster on Rupp than any other team fan board for not cheering the Wildcats. He won’t be able to comment.

Lay your weary head to rest...don't ya cry no mo...

Kansas-Crying-Jordans.jpg

So in English, that means KU had no involvement.

Not necessarily. The charges against U6 say the same thing even though an assistant supposedly knew and was on tape discussing it. It can be honest services fraud against the university as a whole if a member of the staff knew, but also a serious NCAA violation.

I am finding this thread entertaining. Is the popular opinion that this is NOT a widespread issue which has NOT been going on as long as there has been AAU basketball and handlers?

Not necessarily. The charges against U6 say the same thing even though an assistant supposedly knew and was on tape discussing it. It can be honest services fraud against the university as a whole if a member of the staff knew, but also a serious NCAA violation.

That inherently means that U6 had involvement. Arizona also had involvement through their assistant coach Book Richardson. They don't release incomplete allegations.

Absolutely false. Tarheel board banned posters for what they said about UNC on this board even though they didn't post on the Tarheel board.

I didn't read the whole thread so pardon. Question: If Gatto, Addidas et al only are being charged with paying the parents, is it an NCAA violation regarding the kids eligibility?

An ineligible player is an ineligible player. The NCAA has the authority to punish Kansas no matter their involvement. If you accept an improper benefit from anyone to attend a sports program you are ineligible. The NCAA won't have to work hard on this one. The FBI is doing all the work for them. Would be wise for the NCAA to just keep quiet until the FBI is done.

Reactions: Cindog28
That inherently means that U6 had involvement. Arizona also had involvement through their assistant coach Book Richardson. They don't release incomplete allegations.

The legal theory of the charges is that the University was defrauded of honest services of players, and in some cases coaches, by taking money or doing something else that was inconsistent with their obligations to the university.

So for criminal purposes the university is a victim, for NCAA purposes it may be complicit because of what the coaches did.

Like UL, if the players got paid, they are no longer amateur athletes. Regardless if Kansas knew, they were ineligible and would have to at least forfeit the games they played in.

If Kansas knew, then that would be right. The FBI says that Kansas did not know. The NCAA does whatever they want. So who knows what they do. They've done nothing with Arizona, even though their assistant coach was indicted, yet they hammered Louisville. They haven't done anything regarding Bagley to Duke. Did Auburn or Alabama get any sanctions? How about USC?

Reactions: cgreen423
Absolutely false. Tarheel board banned posters for what they said about UNC on this board even though they didn't post on the Tarheel board.
UNC and Kentucky boards - both not very tolerant, okay. I read what RC posted. He was banned because he said Cal’s NCAA tournament record should include 0-1 for UMass and 0-1 for Memphis for the seasons that were vacated by the NCAA. Your board does not allow criticism of any type of your coach from fans of other schools.

The legal theory of the charges is that the University was defrauded of honest services of players, and in some cases coaches, by taking money or doing something else that was inconsistent with their obligations to the university.

So for legal purposes the university is a victim, for NCAA purposes it may be complicit because of what the coaches did.

But in this case the University, or its coaches, did not take money or do anything which is inconsistent with their obligations. The coaches at Louisville and Arizona did. I must be missing a connection you are trying to make?

UNC and Kentucky boards - both not very tolerant, okay. I read what RC posted. He was banned because he said Cal’s NCAA tournament record should include 0-1 for UMass and 0-1 for Memphis for the seasons that were vacated by the NCAA. Your board does not allow criticism of your coach from fans of other schools.

No board should allow that. If you want to criticize Cal on KU board, okay. If you want to do it here, I hope you are banned. I don't go to KU board and rip on Self. If I did, I should be banned.

Na, heard RC was sent to San Quentin after hammering some chickens while shrooming.

ADVERTISEMENT