ADVERTISEMENT

KU/Adidas paid players; FBI files more charges

Posting on the UL board would probably have the same fate as posting a non-bias Kentucky post on Rupp - Ban. By even mentioning this ban, I will probably be banned by your Mods. Different thinking is not acceptable on UL or UK boards.

My point was your first post gets you banned often on the UL board. For the record, if you are still posting now, they aren't going to ban you unless you go off the deep end.

Interesting that you have repeatedly bashed our mods and you haven't been banned yet. When you do get banned, you will go crying to the posters on the KU board just like RC did, right?

Bashed the mods? How by saying they ban you for posting opinions that are not Group Think of BBN? Or agreeing that UL or UNC boards have similar banning process as Rupp?

Is it me or do these 2 posters (1 from here and the other from Kansas Scout) sound eerily similar?
The NCAA has already shown they won’t do anything. You have Bagley who was paid hundreds of thousands by Nike
TXpZvti.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Bashed the mods? How by saying they ban you for posting opinions that are not Group Think of BBN? Or agreeing that UL or UNC boards have similar banning process as Rupp?
Why would we want to ban such valuable insight? You seem to have all the answers we need. Please keep posting we desperately need the information you are providing.

Have they said anything about the $100K Nassir Little was supposedly being shopped for?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
If you think Cal and UK aren't involved in any of this, you are delusional. If you think only Adidas is involved in this you are delusional. The dots to connect are Cal - WWW- Agents/Nike. If I were a UK or Duke fan, I'd be really nervous. Of course, what will happen is the NCAA will create some lame excuse not to punish the blue blood schools while at the same time raking NC State and Miami over the coals.

I find it funny the only people who even mention WWW anymore are idiots screaming "KENTUCKY CHEATS! WWW! CHEATERS! PUMPKIN EATERS!".

Now we know how KU was able to land some of the top guys the last few years..This Gatto dude was their best recruiter..Henry, Wiggins, Diallo, Selby, Alexander, Oubre, Preston, Jackson, De Sousa you know money was flying around..Self is desperate to keep up

The former, obviously. You are being disrespectful and if you don't get that, then that says something about those who should have taught you respect.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
LOL.........first off... its a little too obvious that Wayward son is RC's other account.

Second .. I love watching nooneputsbabyinacorner's desperation attempt to deflect their shame. He and his fellow KU fans have screamed to the heavens about WWW for almost a decade now when UK and Cal are mentioned but suddenly when Adidas is proven to cheat like Pitino at an italian restaurant.... its ok for them because everyone does it.... LOL.

Haha, he does seem awfully torn up about RC getting banned from this board. Not sure why one would really care that much about someone else losing his or her posting privileges at a rival’s site.

I have no idea why RC was banned, but he posted here for years so our mods didn’t exactly have a quick trigger with him.

Is it me or do these 2 posts (1 from here and the other from Kansas Scout) sound eerily similar?

TXpZvti.png

They do seems alike and the way that the username is capitalized is similar. Could be. It is blatantly obvious he is a KU fan yet won’t admit it no matter how many times he is asked....

Posting on the UL board would probably have the same fate as posting a non-bias Kentucky post on Rupp - Ban. By even mentioning this ban, I will probably be banned by your Mods. Different thinking is not acceptable on UL or UK boards.
Well dude the Dook board is that way , maybe you should go over there and chat , how about that? You and ole RC as well !!

Lol! Victim....LMAO! Do you honestly believe that Adidas just pays tens of thousands of dollars to random recruits to attend KU because they just really, really like Kansas? Here is 50K, go play for KU, but don’t tell them I gave you this money, I don’t want them to know....

Seriously, do you honestly think that there are only a few top 50 kids (generally their handlers) are taking cash while the rest say no thanks?

LOL.........first off... its a little too obvious that Wayward son is RC's other account.

Second .. I love watching nooneputsbabyinacorner's desperation attempt to deflect their shame. He and his fellow KU fans have screamed to the heavens about WWW for almost a decade now when UK and Cal are mentioned but suddenly when Adidas is proven to cheat like Pitino at an italian restaurant.... its ok for them because everyone does it.... LOL.

I have never once posted anything about WWW.

Wasn’t KU who paid it was Adidas. In most of the cases the schools didn’t know it was he shoe company steering the kids to the school that they are under contract with

Seriously, do you honestly think that there are only a few top 50 kids (generally their handlers) are taking cash while the rest say no thanks?

Seriously, do you honestly think that with all of the smoke billowing out of KU's program the last 5 years or so (to include multiple instances of players/recruits receiving illegal compensation) that Self and his staff don't have any knowledge that it is going on?

So Self "didn't know" and is going to be the "victim" in all of this.......wait a minute......that sounds really familiar........where I have heard that before.......hmmmmmm...... Oh yeah, it's coming from the coach of another Adidas school.

Do Bill and Rick have the same lawyer?

Do Adidas' shoe and apparel deals with universities also include free legal representation for the basketball coaches?

So many questions.

Seriously, do you honestly think that with all of the smoke billowing out of KU's program the last 5 years or so (to include multiple instances of players/recruits receiving illegal compensation) that Self and his staff don't have any knowledge that it is going on?

So Self "didn't know" and is going to be the "victim" in all of this.......wait a minute......that sounds really familiar........where I have heard that before.......hmmmmmm...... Oh yeah, it's coming from the coach of another Adidas school.

Do Bill and Rick have the same lawyer?

Do Adidas' shoe and apparel deals with universities also include free legal representation for the basketball coaches?

So many questions.

Which KU players got money?

Preston? - No. His mom through her AAU team. Did not play at KU.
DeSousa? - No. His guardian.
Alexander? - No. His mom. Benched when the school found out about it.
McLemore? - No. Some long time family friend paid $500 for a birthday party for him long after he was already committed to KU.

I don't think a lot of people would admit to being a Kansas fan right now. [laughing]

I have a theory that all of these alleged KU fans that are posting here are, in fact, imposters!

I think it is very likely they are Mizzou grads that have created fake accounts posing as Jayhawk fans and then completely embarrassing themselves to look like complete fools in yet another heinous effort to "bring KU down".

When kimohawk finally comes over to tell us this, everyone will see that I'm right.

Reactions: Fancatstik
Still a violation to pay a parent or guardian unless there is a good excuse like sponsoring an AAU team.

Just clarifying that KU players weren't getting any money. Handlers does not equal players.

Also there are plenty more schools to be named in this. This is a widespread issue, but I realize it's fun to pretend it is not.

Which KU players got money?

Preston? - No. His mom through her AAU team. Did not play at KU.
DeSousa? - No. His guardian.
Alexander? - No. His mom. Benched when the school found out about it.
McLemore? - No. Some long time family friend paid $500 for a birthday party for him long after he was already committed to KU.

Seriously, do you honestly think that with all the family members of KU players receiving illegal compensation that one penny of that money never made it into the player's hands?

You need to head over to the Louisville boards. Start a thread, here's a good title for you - "If Bill and Rick had known this stuff was going on, they would have stopped it!"

UL fans are now your peers. They will support your case that KU coaches never knew anything about anything and that KU and Self are victims. Seriously, you should.

Just clarifying that KU players weren't getting any money. Handlers does not equal players.

Also there are plenty more schools to be named in this. This is a widespread issue, but I realize it's fun to pretend it is not.

Whether the players themselves actually received the money is irrelevant.

Giving funds to a student athlete’s family or friends is also a violation and considered an extra benefit that impacts the student athlete’s eligibility.

Whether the players themselves actually received the money is irrelevant.

Giving funds to a student athlete’s family or friends is also a violation and considered an extra benefit that impacts the student athlete’s eligibility.

Yup. The Cam Newton loophole was closed.

Yup. The Cam Newton loophole was closed.

Actually has nothing to do with Cam Newton as this was a violation before the Newton investigation.

In Newton case, no money changed hands. The key issue was who could be considered acting as an agent on behalf of a student athlete under the existing by-laws.

Wasn’t KU who paid it was Adidas. In most of the cases the schools didn’t know it was he shoe company steering the kids to the school that they are under contract with

And no one at the schools knew that these players were being “steered” there by the shoe company? Just like Louisville didn’t know about Bowen.... oh wait they have an assistant on audio discussing the scheme. But Kansas is too above board to ever have anyone from their program involved behind the scenes with Adidas, even though Kansas is signing a new 190+ million dollar deal with Adidas as a flag ship b-ball program.
Make no mistake, Kansas paid for these kids by signing with Adidas, they might not have dropped off the duffle bag themselves but they knew. Kansas has taken to many chances on too many shady kids. Even if they can’t prove Kansas knew. Best case scenario for them is the player is ruled ineligible and wins and banners vacated.
All the Kansas fans are grabbing at the “victim” straw, because in the FBI report the school was labeled the victim of the fraud, so was UofL. The FBI doesn’t care about NCAA violations, in their eyes the schools are the victims of the crimes of these shoe company guys, and in some instances assistant coaches, for using their influence at the school to gain illegal monetary gains by receiving under the table money to get these kids to sign with certain schools that can better showcase the shoe brand. The NCAA doesn’t care if the FBI calls the schools victims, the NCAA precedent is that if a person or booster gave money or impermissible benefits to the student or the students parent guardian (closing the Cam Newton loophole) even without the students knowledge the student can be ruled ineligible.
Teflon Self’s armor just got a crack in it.

Also there are plenty more schools to be named in this. This is a widespread issue, but I realize it's fun to pretend it is not.[/QUOTE

It is widespread... among the top money making adidas schools. Kansas and Louisville spoken of in the same breath. Congrats! You can hold each other’s hands as the ship sinks and Pitino and Self play the violins.

Because it’s not KU’s money. It was a deal between Adidas and player leeches apparently. KU is actually listed as the victim in this by the FBI.

FBI may list them as a victim but that has no bearing on whether this is an NCAA violation and whether Enforcement decides to pursue it.

If Adidas was merely paying these players to eventually sign with Adidas, it would be less of an issue for KU. However, the minute that Adidas ties payment to also attending a specific school, then it technically becomes an extra benefits violation because Adidas is effectively acting as a booster for the school. They’d be what 16.02.3 calls a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests.”

And just like cases where a wealthy alum was paying recruits without the school’s knowledge, the school can still get hammered.

Reactions: preacherfan
Shoe companies have a vested interest in maximizing their brand. To do that they steer players to the top programs. You don't need school involvement to do so.

1. Sponsor a kid's AAU team.
2. Find out which schools the kid is interested in.
3. If none of the schools are of their brand (Nike, UA, Adidas), suggest geographical alternatives which have a sponsorship contract with your brand. If none, stop sponsoring that AAU team and move to the next. If one is an alternative, pay handler to direct the kid to one of the potential schools.

It's not that complicated. Does everyone believe college football recruiting is on the up and up too?

Shoe companies have a vested interest in maximizing their brand. To do that they steer players to the top programs. You don't need school involvement to do so.

3. If none of the schools are of their brand (Nike, UA, Adidas), suggest geographical alternatives which have a sponsorship contract with your brand. If none, stop sponsoring that AAU team and move to the next. If one is an alternative, pay handler to direct the kid to one of the potential schools.

It's not that complicated. Does everyone believe college football recruiting is on the up and up too?
Look Kansas fan, stop trying to deflect attention away from the fact that the FBI has evidence that Adidas PAID 2 very good basketball players to attend Kansas. And while you're at it, stop playing the victim card. Bill Self isn't stupid. He knew exactly why these 2 came to Kansas. He's smart enough not to paint himself into a corner unlike Pitino. So yeah, Kansas and Bill Self knew. Wait til they start peeling the onion and the Andrew Wiggins recruitment resurfaces. Several vacated wins are in your future . The Big 12 streak will come to halt and the 2018 FF will be vacated as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Slowwalker

We know how it works, yes football is worse and you are here to try and defend Kansas's corruption. You are going down Charlie Brown.

So KU didn’t know right? They just miraculously, by complete coincidence, happen to be going after the same players that Adidas is funneling money to without any knowledge by KU personnel.

Do you realize how stupid this sounds?

Well now you have three honest coaches in the NCAA at least , ole honest Roy, Rick, and last but not least the Rug Doctor, Bill !! You guys must be proud!

adidas isn’t the only shoe company steering players to schools, if you don’t think Nike has been doing the same thing you’re nuts. Bagley’s parents went from homeless to a mansion pretty quick.

adidas isn’t the only shoe company steering players to schools, if you don’t think Nike has been doing the same thing you’re nuts. Bagley’s parents went from homeless to a mansion pretty quick.

Nike may have paid them, but I’ve seen no indication or evidence whatsoever that Nike would’ve have paid them ONLY if Bagley went to Duke. They only ones stating that are UL or KU fans desperate for that to be true.

And there’s a big difference between a shoe company simply paying a player and a shoe company paying a player only if he commits to a certain school.

Reactions: preacherfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT