ADVERTISEMENT

KU player tells all

The NCAA:

dumb and dumber thread GIF

Mccants did the same thing to UNC and nothing happened. Said he never attended a class but made honor roll one year.

The NCAA gifted UNC a title for this transgression may be time to bet for Kansas in 2024
Thats because there is nothing they can do about academic fraud unless the school agrees it happened. UNCheat lacked the character to be honest.

Thats because there is nothing they can do about academic fraud unless the school agrees it happened. UNCheat lacked the character to be honest.

They have the power to do anything they want to. How many times have wins been vacated because one person cheated on a test, etc.

They did nothing because of the culprit.

Same reason they sent Kentucky a letter after celebrating Cal’s 500th win yet many other schools celebrated vacated outcomes that same year and got nothing.

The NCAA does what it wants to who it wants, both good and bad.

They have the power to do anything they want to. How many times have wins been vacated because one person cheated on a test, etc.

They did nothing because of the culprit.

Same reason they sent Kentucky a letter after celebrating Cal’s 500th win yet many other schools celebrated vacated outcomes that same year and got nothing.

The NCAA does what it wants to who it wants, both good and bad.
No, that isn't or at least wasn't correct.

No, that isn't or at least wasn't correct.

Jim Beheim would disagree with you there.

Also memphis and umass fans would disagree with you.

Duke had a player work with an agent get compensated and paid, but the ncaa said K and Duke didn’t know so nothing. Camby did that and umass vacates a season.

Memphis is said to have used an ineligible player in derick rose, forfeits season. Yet Darrell Arthur had grades changed in high school to be able to play, meaning shouldn’t he also be ineligible for college? Nope Kansas season and title in tact.

You can say the NCAA has integrity and operates by their own bylaws and uses the same rules for everyone if you would like.

Evidence suggests they can do whatever they want and have acted this way for years.

Only recently have they taken the don’t forget anything but collect a check approach.

Kansas, Louisville and LSU all dirty as hell. Adidas sucks. Throw in Alabama, Auburn, Creighton, Oklahoma State, South Carolina, TCU and USC for good measure since they all were on probation for the same crap.

Reactions: Pewee Cat
Jim Beheim would disagree with you there.

Also memphis and umass fans would disagree with you.

Duke had a player work with an agent get compensated and paid, but the ncaa said K and Duke didn’t know so nothing. Camby did that and umass vacates a season.

Memphis is said to have used an ineligible player in derick rose, forfeits season. Yet Darrell Arthur had grades changed in high school to be able to play, meaning shouldn’t he also be ineligible for college? Nope Kansas season and title in tact.

You can say the NCAA has integrity and operates by their own bylaws and uses the same rules for everyone if you would like.

Evidence suggests they can do whatever they want and have acted this way for years.

Only recently have they taken the don’t forget anything but collect a check approach.
Why are you mixing academic fraud with agent payments and initial eligibility? You need to catch up or something.

Reactions: chroix
That doesn’t bother me since it’s legal now. These investigations took way to long and now the allegations seem silly with guys making a mil a year.
No fanbase misunderstands NIL more than Kentucky fans. Pay for play is not legal now. Adidas paid him to play at an and Adidas school, nothing now is legal about that.

Reactions: Ky-troutbum
The bitch didn’t say 1/100th of what they did.

In the meantime, they win a title AND takeover all time wins.

Disgraceful.

Why are you mixing academic fraud with agent payments and initial eligibility? You need to catch up or something.

I am saying the ncaa can do whatever they want when they want.

You said that is not the case.

I gave several examples of the ncaa treating cases completely different.

Jim bowhiem coaches Syracuse and lost 100 wins because of academic fraud.

Jim herick got fired and Georgia lost wins because of three players.

But you are defending the integrity of the ncaa for not punishing academic fraud for over 20 years at UNC.

Every single case of academic fraud that does not involve UNC has resulted in penalties has it not?

Reactions: crestcat

But you are defending the integrity of the ncaa for not punishing academic fraud for over 20 years at UNC.

Every single case of academic fraud that does not involve UNC has resulted in penalties has it not?
Sheesh, probably because most schools have character. You're trying to conflate issues. Sorry you're still wrong and I'm tired of the argument. Its like arguing with my 16 year old nephew. He knows everything too.

No is the answer to your question.

Now I'm done.

Does this really even matter now?

Yep, a few years ago this would’ve seemed like a big deal. But now in this Wild West no-rules NIL era where everybody’s blatantly trying to buy their players …and with the NCAA seeming to have totally given up on even trying meaningful enforcement …stories like these almost seem laughably outdated.

Yep, they were cheating their asses off. And nobody cares any longer.

No fanbase misunderstands NIL more than Kentucky fans. Pay for play is not legal now. Adidas paid him to play at an and Adidas school, nothing now is legal about that.
I don’t disagree necessarily, here is the argument with the issue you raise. …

Prove it.

This is the fatal flaw with NIL. It is rotten at its core. NCAA knows it Schools know it. Boosters know it.

I don’t disagree necessarily, here is the argument with the issue you raise. …

Prove it.

This is the fatal flaw with NIL. It is rotten at its core. NCAA knows it Schools know it. Boosters know it.
How is this any different than the past before NIL was a thing when programs were paying players? NIL is just players making money off of their name and fame as they should be able to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT