ADVERTISEMENT

***** Kentucky vs. Kansas State Official Game Thread *****

Tough loss. Counted at least 3 in and out threes today. Brutal. KSU made shots. Reminds me of Kansas game tbh.

Sucks

Cal lets game get out of hand with timeouts in his pocket classic cal. We end every half the same way the last part of the season. Out play KSU both halves and lose to them in the points column. It’s how cal does it

you’d think in rough nip and tuck game the refs wouldn’t give away key point like that no-foul pass that gave them the lead.

We can't really complain except for self inflicted injuries. We came out with a good early second half run. We turned a 4 point deficit into a 9 point lead. At some point coaching has got to help the players out and it didn't. We really never took advantage of a 5'8" guard defending a 6"4" guard. That was just stupid.

Reactions: Chuckinden
When you can't make shots and your opponents can....

Basketball about making shots and winning.

The critical call for me was when Cason Wallace went to the basket and was hacked and lost the ball and they gave it to K-State.

This wasn't really a "choke job" by any stretch. We weren't supposed to win this game, and it's not like we had some huge lead.
We were favored by 3. We had big leads both halves but couldn’t extend them bc of stall ball: the last 5 min of the first half we gave the game away by not having a ball handler on the floor. Toppin or wallace should have been out there even with the 2 fouls. Instead ware Collins and whatever else was out there game was over then. It’s the difference in the game. The way both halves ended was a choke job.

We were favored by 3. We had big leads both halves but couldn’t extend them bc of stall ball: the last 5 min of the first half we gave the game away by not having a ball handler on the floor. Toppin or wallace should have been out there even with the 2 fouls. Instead ware Collins and whatever else was out there game was over then. It’s the difference in the game. The way both halves ended was a choke job.

Stall ball?

They couldn’t score.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
@Gromcat Nice talking with you and many other during the years. I am out of here till fall maybe for good. Who knows? My health isn't the greatest. Mod that merged GT bad juju. We were up till then. @LmdCat clown was then in the same thread as me. HE IS NOT A UK FAN.
There is as many non UK fans and Cal fans on here as they are REAL UK FANS ANYWAY.

Reactions: Gromcat
Let’s be honest not having a real coach has been our missing piece for quite a few years now we’re delaying the obvious if we don’t fire his a$$ ASAP!
You are exactly right. However, with bad coaching, if Reeves had just made a couple of the those open 3's, I am not counting the only one he made when it didn't matter, we would have won without getting much from Cal. However, I realize that is asking too much from players. They need something from their coach and they didn't get it.

That's not what a choke is lol. And I don't even know why Kentucky would be favored over KSU. That makes me wonder if betting just moved us because some people THOUGHT we could take it to another level. But no reason to think UK was "supposed" to win this game..

@Gromcat Nice talking with you and many other during the years. I am out of here till fall maybe for good. Who knows? My health isn't the greatest. Mod that merged GT bad juju. We were up till then. @LmdCat clown was then in the same thread as me. HE IS NOT A UK FAN.
There is as many non UK fans and Cal fans on here as they are REAL UK FANS ANYWAY.

The mod that merged this wrong needs to hand it over. I want to know who did it because I think it was intentional. You don’t do that shit. We should have stayed with the consistent theme.

Hope you do well and hope you check in at least some.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
That’s the personnel we have. We have only 2 guys that can drive effectively and they’re both Freshmen.

I wish we wouldn't try and blame every single little thing on Cal. Yes, this is his team and he should be blamed for the entire product.. but we simply didn't have the playmakers. We had a guard that's injured, Wallace who I'm still not sure is 100%, and Reeves who just had his worst game of probably his career.

It wasn't stall ball, theres just not much this team can do well offensively.

And yes, that falls on Cal. I think we all agree with that. But to just try and blame him for every little thing, and even made up things, is getting old.

STARTERSMINPTSFG3PTREBASTPFFTOREBDREBSTLBLK
12A. ReevesG3051-151-103232-20310
34O. TshiebweF36258-130-018119-119920
22C. WallaceG33219-111-19452-22720
24C. LivingstonF37115-131-47200-25211
0J. ToppinF2721-70-24350-01300

BENCHMINPTSFG3PTREBASTPFFTOREBDREBSTLBLK
33U. OnyensoF000-00-00000-00000
55L. WareF921-10-00000-00000
14B. CanadaF000-00-00000-00000
13G. DarbyshireG000-00-00000-00000
21W. HornG000-00-00000-00000
25K. WatkinsG000-00-00000-00000
3A. ThieroG100-00-00010-00000
2S. WheelerG000-00-00000-00000
4D. CollinsF200-00-00000-00000
1C. FredrickG2031-31-31020-00100

I wish we wouldn't try and blame every single little thing on Cal. Yes, this is his team and he should be blamed for the entire product.. but we simply didn't have the playmakers. We had a guard that's injured, Wallace who I'm still not sure is 100%, and Reeves who just had his worst game of probably his career.

It wasn't stall ball, theres just not much this team can do well offensively.

And yes, that falls on Cal. I think we all agree with that. But to just try and blame him for every little thing, and even made up things, is getting old.

I agree.

It's not like he teaches players to make horrible passes or miss every single jumper when they made them in previous games.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT