ADVERTISEMENT

K goes to 6, Self goes to 2, Wright goes to 3, or Davis goes to 1.

Son_Of_Saul

All-American
Dec 7, 2007
No matter what, one of these coaches either ties Cal for titles in his first year (Davis), or passes Cal (Self), triples Cal (Wright), or sextuples Cal (K).

Who would have thought that the Cal Era at Kentucky would feature at least one of the following options:

Duke 3 titles
Villanova 3 titles
UNC 2 titles
Kansas 1 title

This stuff is horrific. If Cal doesn't have a come to Jesus moment now, he never will.

I think its more about the school's championships rather than the coaches. But It does say something when Duke/UNC/Nova/Uconn have 2 to Cal's 1.

Heres who we want to win in terms of how hurts:

1. Nova- best outcome. Wright is a likable guy and Nova seems to be a clean program.

2. KU- would only be Selfs second and KUs official third. And it’s gotta chance, although slim, to become vacated.

3 UNC- not ideal. Would give UNC one under us. Amazing how Davis has gone from completely inept to FF. Has any coach ever won it in their first year?

4. Duke- hell no. No no no no no. If K wins the title it’s going to be the longest damn offseason ever. The whole county will slurp and we will have that rat bastards shadow over us forever.

LOL you must be a Kansas troll. Kansas has 3 titles right now, not 5. Bread company “titles” for seasons where you couldn’t even beat Mizzou are fake garbage.

Look at their name...that says it all. Just created account.

LOL you must be a Kansas troll. Kansas has 3 titles right now, not 5. Bread company “titles” for seasons where you couldn’t even beat Mizzou are fake garbage.
No I am not trolling. I am saying that none of the 3 winning it diminishes Kentucky in any way.

Heres who we want to win in terms of how hurts:

1. Nova- best outcome. Wright is a likable guy and Nova seems to be a clean program.

2. KU- would only be Selfs second and KUs official third. And it’s gotta chance, although slim, to become vacated.

3 UNC- not ideal. Would give UNC one under us. Amazing how Davis has gone from completely inept to FF. Has any coach ever won it in their first year?

4. Duke- hell no. No no no no no. If K wins the title it’s going to be the longest damn offseason ever. The whole county will slurp and we will have that rat bastards shadow over us forever.
No one except UK fans, ever mention that u6 vacated the title in 2013. So, even if ku had the title vacated, no one would mention it after a year or two. None of the remaining 4 winning, is good for UK.

I love Cal but program first. Therefore the order of preference:

1) Villanova
2) Kansas
3) Duke
4) UNC
I just cant pull for a Nova team who has a 15 ppg scorer out for the FF. Even if they were to luck up and beat Kansas they would have zero shot in the Final esp. v Puke. Pulling for KU over Nova.

I just cant pull for a Nova team who has a 15 ppg scorer out for the FF. Even if they were to luck up and beat Kansas they would have zero shot in the Final esp. v Puke. Pulling for KU over Nova.
No doubt, I was more just speaking who I want to win it all. But in terms of individual games, our best bet is probably KU over Nova, UNC over Duke (as I don’t think KU can beat Duke) then KU over UNC.

Reactions: HerrosHeroes
If Ratface goes out with the title espn will be unwatchable for the foreseeable future. Many feel like that already.
And I'm sure ESPN and others will also mention that John Wooden, like Coach K, won it all in his last game.....against.................

Best outcome for UK is Villanova. Nova is a solid, respected program. Jay Wright seems to be a good guy. The others are a nightmare scenario.

Duke- 6th title, endless Coach K love fest by the sports media as he rides off into the sunset.

UNC- 7th title, Davis gets title in his first year. They inch even closer to UK in the title count.

Kansas- 4th (official) title, Self’s second. They just recently passed us in all time wins (🤮🤮🤮) and their program is under NCAA investigation for serious violations and not likely to even get a slap on the wrist like UNC several years ago.

Moral of the story?

Pretty much all the gains we had by April of 2015 are now gone. UK had gained +4 on UNC in Final Fours. That's down to 1.

UK has lost the wins record to Kansas.

UK has lost the tournament wins record to UNC.

For all of Cal's work in that first stage of his career here, it's pretty much null now. He's been a bad steward of the program since the last four minutes of the Wisconsin game. I'm tiring of his act.

No matter what, one of these coaches either ties Cal for titles in his first year (Davis), or passes Cal (Self), triples Cal (Wright), or sextuples Cal (K).

Who would have thought that the Cal Era at Kentucky would feature at least one of the following options:

Duke 3 titles
Villanova 3 titles
UNC 2 titles
Kansas 1 title

This stuff is horrific. If Cal doesn't have a come to Jesus moment now, he never will.
Just the stuff of nightmares. We slaughtered two of them too. Just sickening.

Unc is worst case scenario. Kansas would only have 4 ships and duke won't be ahead of us in the blue blood order until someone besides k wins a title. Nova ain't close but I don't see them having the talent to beat the other three this year.

Villanova is by far and away the easiest answer..

But, and maybe a controversial take, UNC is by far and away the easiest 2nd option.

**** Duke and Kansas.

Reactions: YouKay
No one except UK fans, ever mention that u6 vacated the title in 2013. So, even if ku had the title vacated, no one would mention it after a year or two. None of the remaining 4 winning, is good for UK.
Yeah. Why would a little thing like official records matter.

If Tennessee was in the final four that’d be worse in my book. Or Indiana hell I don’t know I just can’t stand Tennessee. When they got beat now that was a magical moment.

I figure they were a legit threat to win it all till everyone realized the SEC was a bunch of frauds.

Duke 3 titles
Villanova 3 titles
UNC 2 titles
Kansas 1 title

You do know that once Coach K retires, there will be only 1 active coach in the NCAA with more than 1 title?
There will be 2 if Kansas wins.

Duke 3 titles
Villanova 3 titles
UNC 2 titles
Kansas 1 title

How many Cal got? Hell a trained monkey could win 1 title with the talent he has had.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat and RHFD

Duke 3 titles
Villanova 3 titles
UNC 2 titles
Kansas 1 title

Because of the emergence of Jeremy Roach, an very capable PG now hitting shots, Duke is probably the favorite by a small margin against Kansas, but I think Bill Self wins number 2. The pressure to win "for Coach K" may finally be Duke's undoing. If they play Villanova, I think "K" wins it. But, I think it'll be Duke-Kansas match up and will be a bit of an upset for Kansas winning...Bill Self, much to my chagrin, is no question the best coach in college basketball right now. I have tried for years to put Calipari at or near the top of this year, but no more. He has proven that he cannot get out of his own way. Our coach may be that in his own HOF mind, but it would appear that that ship has sailed long ago. Bottom line--I'm ready for it all to be over...the tournament and our roster for next year. Another bottom line: here we go again, with one more iteration of scrambling to put together a patch-work quilt of a roster putting warm bodies into spots and having missed out on the cream at the top. I figure we will shaking our heads at what this roster will look like by the time we head to the Bahamas. Honestly, I'm more than ready for this to be on more stable footing. For the fan, this is an emotional roller coaster that is no fun, with the Sharpe situation headlining this year's madness. The ridiculousness of this is fine if you win; we're not even in that ballpark, so how else are we to think?

You're very right...if Calipari doesn't have a "come to Jesus moment" now, that will more than confirm our suspicions. Sadly, so far at least, his cowardice at not being more transparent with the fans I think tells us what to expect in the future. I hope he decides to call it a career; we need, and deserve, someone else.

I’m for UNC. I want the list of universities that have 2 championships since Calipari has been at UK to grow. As many have mentioned, that list already includes Villanova, Duke, and UConn. I’m for anything that makes Calipari’s seat hotter and possibly open the eyes of the Cal defenders. Calipari isn’t as great of a coach as they think and he shouldn’t be given a free pass forever for the title he won a decade ago. He will never have another team like that. He had 3 of the top 5 players from the 2011 class . He has a hard time getting any top 5 freshman lately to play here, let along 3 of them. That team also had really good experienced players to blend in with the talented freshman. I don’t think he will ever get that here again.

Because of the emergence of Jeremy Roach, an very capable PG now hitting shots, Duke is probably the favorite by a small margin against Kansas, but I think Bill Self wins number 2. The pressure to win "for Coach K" may finally be Duke's undoing. If they play Villanova, I think "K" wins it. But, I think it'll be Duke-Kansas match up and will be a bit of an upset for Kansas winning...Bill Self, much to my chagrin, is no question the best coach in college basketball right now. I have tried for years to put Calipari at or near the top of this year, but no more. He has proven that he cannot get out of his own way. Our coach may be that in his own HOF mind, but it would appear that that ship has sailed long ago. Bottom line--I'm ready for it all to be over...the tournament and our roster for next year. Another bottom line: here we go again, with one more iteration of scrambling to put together a patch-work quilt of a roster putting warm bodies into spots and having missed out on the cream at the top. I figure we will shaking our heads at what this roster will look like by the time we head to the Bahamas. Honestly, I'm more than ready for this to be on more stable footing. For the fan, this is an emotional roller coaster that is no fun, with the Sharpe situation headlining this year's madness. The ridiculousness of this is fine if you win; we're not even in that ballpark, so how else are we to think?

You're very right...if Calipari doesn't have a "come to Jesus moment" now, that will more than confirm our suspicions. Sadly, so far at least, his cowardice at not being more transparent with the fans I think tells us what to expect in the future. I hope he decides to call it a career; we need, and deserve, someone else.

I see it as the total opposite in terms of pressure. The K retiring thing is played out, the whole planet knows it. If Duke is playing Monday night K's career ends that night either way and he has 5 National Titles if he loses. Bill Self is the one that will have to go back to Lawrence and face that crowd if he lost the game and then they'll be talking about his gazillion wins, Kansas winning their regular season big 12 super bowl every year and just the one title to show for it.

I think the pressure is far heavier on Bill Self in that matchup. And his squad is the highest seeded team. The only # 1 seed to make it.

As long as Duke doesn’t win, I’ll be fine with it but we all know deep down that this is drawn out for Duke to win it for K’s last season. If I was a betting man, I’d bet everything I own, or will ever own that Duke wins it. It’s already been decided.

As long as Duke doesn’t win, I’ll be fine with it but we all know deep down that this is drawn out for Duke to win it for K’s last season. If I was a betting man, I’d bet everything I own, or will ever own that Duke wins it. It’s already been decided.

I'm glad you're okay with the Heels standing right over your shoulder in National Titles then. 7-8 would be getting awfully close. Doesn't 6-8 look better for you? ;) There was a time when UK never had to worry about anyone other than UCLA when it came to the title count. If they get to 7, and already with more FF'S than UK and more tournament wins than UK......

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT