ADVERTISEMENT

I've been critical..

bigblue_07

Senior
Nov 21, 2008
of this team all year but today they probably played the best effort and hustle game they've played all year. It's been disappointing as a fan but through it all we gotta stick with them.

Reactions: IrishMike409
of this team all year but today they probably played the best effort and hustle game they've played all year. It's been disappointing as a fan but through it all we gotta stick with them.
You might be right about today. But to me, it's looked like they've been playing with good effort and hustle for a while. I just don't think this team has yet developed good enough offensive skills to win consistently. And I don't expect them to break through offensively this year. So, unfortunately for me, I don't see today's game as a harbinger of much better offensive play to come - but who knows.

But I do think the team has played some really good defense - especially for a team so young. If not for that defense I fear we might have been on the wrong end of a number of blowouts.

Reactions: bigblue_07
Well not sure any fans abandon them? But, I can understand fans not getting their hopes up. Home game against an uptempo team certainly helped. Effort was great, although we still see some goofy plays combined with some good ones. I thought the announcer who made the point that both Bama and Kentucky as 7 or 8 seeds could really screw a one seed. Let' s hope so if we are one of those seeded teams.

P.S. Maybe I missed it in other posts, but I thought Richards played one of his best games. Why? He was catching the ball! How often this season would he fumble the pass or clank the dunk. He smoothly caught the passes today and finished. Plus he is one of the better big men we have had in terms of foul shooting. I thought he also caused the defense to have to collapse leaving some open shooters although we didn't always hit the shot.

Vanderbilt played out of his mind the last 5 minutes. Most of the time he's like a bull in a China shop. He really slowed down and let the game come to him.

Reactions: G-PIP
its just one game. Just let it be what it will be. Alot of posters hate the team after 5 losses but then think we are world beaters if we win the 6th. Start stupid threads saying won't.Lose. Again.

Yes, yes you will. Just go with the flow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT