ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone surprised at how sexy of a pick we seem to be this year?

Again, it seems like we have the talent to get to the final four. But I just know how it goes. Maybe this year will be an exception, but I cannot pick this team.

Sexy pick to win it all? For sure. No KenPom defensive efficiency team lower than like 60ish has won a title, ever. Current Cats are 108 I believe. That alone seals it for me. It's been the reason we've gotten beat by far inferior teams.

Sexy to win the region? Nah, not really surprising. The region is pretty weak.

KY can beat anyone. we have the best offense in the country and two top 5 nba picks running it. The problem is that any team can beat us because we don't guard anyone. we rely on teams missing open shots. if they are dropping we are in trouble vs any team.

Reactions: know1
Yeah our defense sucks but some of the analysts were saying UK will score 85-90+ points a game ...which team in their path can score 90+? They weren't sure who could. But I'm not holding my breath
With Kentucky's defense anybody they face is capable of scoring 90.

Reactions: mc140
KY can beat anyone. we have the best offense in the country and two top 5 nba picks running it. The problem is that any team can beat us because we don't guard anyone. we rely on teams missing open shots. if they are dropping we are in trouble vs any team.
This is about as accurate as I've seen on this team.

That's how it is all right.

It seems it's mostly based on Sheppard and Dillingham. Two top 5 picks in the backcourt....yadda yadda ya. I feel like most people outside of our fanbase only see how good they've been offensively. BBN knows the liability they (and basically the whole team) have been on the defensive end. Not to mention how foul prone/at times crazy with the ball, that Dillingham is. The funny thing is, when we zero in on defense, we have had some really good defensive games this year. So it has to be about effort and intensity. I've hoped that Cal will finally work on the zone some this week. He wants to put a couple seven footers in to protect the rim when guards beat us.........he actally said, what else can we do? ZONE. Clog the lane to ward off drives to the basket when it's needed. He act's like it isnt even an option. I think we all agree that some form of improvements on defense must happen if we want to go as far as we want to. But several people picking UK to advance deep does make me a little nervous. But hey, I'm for anything that will put more pressure on Calipari to produce.
Cal should have went zone a long time ago with this team and made it a three-point shootout against opponents.

I would have taken our chances with that, given how well UK shoots the ball.

Our guards are absolutely terrible when it comes to defending high ball screens.

No. Those who act like cal stole their wife and kids would lead you to believe we snuck in the tournament due to the name on the jersey when in all actuality I think we were within two games of the highest rated power 5 teams.

We've looked good on paper all year. We will be lucky to get by Texas Tech in the second round. It's been a very mediocre season, barring a Final Four run.

We've got arguably the most talent on one roster in the country.

As such, we have underperformed all year. It's not a stretch for the media to think we might pull it together for a run of games.

That being said, any coach who doesn't doze off in the film room knows exactly how to beat us.

It's definitely intriguing. I could see where we might win it all for sure. I could definitely also see us losing in the first weekend.
Same. I've watched us struggle to get stops all year, but when it comes time to pick out where our season will end on my brackets I find it impossible to look at a team and say, "yep, that's who gets us". Consequently, and once again, I have the Cats winning it all. I know...it's a sickness

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT