ADVERTISEMENT

aTm lost 13 games this year yet…

trueblujr2

All-American
Dec 14, 2005
Played like they should have been 30-2 going into that game. So tell me…As a coach, obviously you’re elated with the win, but shouldn’t you also be pissed as hell that your team couldn’t bring themselves to play with that intensity every game? Or at least a much higher percentage of games? They were a bubble team going into the tourney yet played like they could beat any team in the country. I guess that’s partly on Buzz Williams but damn, if I was him I’d be yelling “Where was that in all those losses!!” They played like a one seed but will probably be an 8 or 9.

Reactions: Calsmyguy
They probably play just as hard every game - but bad shooters are bad shooters most of the time. They happened to shoot lights out last night, and we offered zero resistance on drives. Either of those things could happen exclusively and still allowed us to win. Double whammy made it an easy victory for atm.

Reactions: kennyskywalker34
Still making shots today: 6 of 15 from behind the arc so far.

Doesn't A&M half to win sec tournament to get in or are they really a at large?

I notice that UF is not giving A&M easy lay ups in this game. They have sealed off the middle and are forcing TAMU to work for their shots.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I notice that UF is not giving A&M easy lay ups in this game. They have sealed off the middle and are forcing TAMU to work for their shots.
Weird, they must have changed the court or some voodoo curse to stop the drive.

Played like they should have been 30-2 going into that game. So tell me…As a coach, obviously you’re elated with the win, but shouldn’t you also be pissed as hell that your team couldn’t bring themselves to play with that intensity every game? Or at least a much higher percentage of games? They were a bubble team going into the tourney yet played like they could beat any team in the country. I guess that’s partly on Buzz Williams but damn, if I was him I’d be yelling “Where was that in all those losses!!” They played like a one seed but will probably be an 8 or 9.
I just re-watched a lot of the game and the thing that stood out for me was that A&M was so much bigger and more powerful right across the board. Take the coaches out of the game, and there's no way you'd pick Kentucky to win that game. So, yeah. if I were Peterson, I would be POed at how little focus his team played with this year. They were down against Florida the last time I looked, so if they lose to Florida, I'd be really POed.

Playing now like they lost 13...down 10 to UF with 3:21 to go, and UF at the line

Reactions: chattanoogawildcat
I just re-watched a lot of the game and the thing that stood out for me was that A&M was so much bigger and more powerful right across the board. Take the coaches out of the game, and there's no way you'd pick Kentucky to win that game. So, yeah. if I were Peterson, I would be POed at how little focus his team played with this year. They were down against Florida the last time I looked, so if they lose to Florida, I'd be really POed.
Peterson?

They should be in. Two Kentucky wins, Tennessee, Iowa State, Florida (regular season), Ohio State (which should’ve been a good win, Holtmann is terrible).
I don't see it with 14 losses. Those good wins are offset by bad losses like arkansas and vandy.

Buzz Williams is a good coach. All of his teams play hard and defend. Also, he plays his best players.
He’s inconsistent though. They should have played like this all year. He waits until tournament time to get them playing hard it seems

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT