ADVERTISEMENT

Infamous Rupp Rafters posters that don't post anymore.

How about SmokeyPearl who later became known as BoilerMax? He was a very knowledgeable poster in regard to Kentucky history. But he didn't play well with others and wore his feelings on his sleeve, and got kicked off multiple times.

Oh man, that was immediately who came to mind. He used to pick fights with me all the time back in the early 2000s, and I was a teenager.

Im starting to think kytocore is really smooth as butter. Dude has 15 threads one the first page alone. Butters needs to step up his game

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
And to think, those slutty druids circle jerking in the Paddock . . .
tumblr_n4wqxyBd3o1qc4rz2o1_500.gif

. . . have fun liking each other.​

ncaaucoach - when the unc "virtue" was exposed for having never existed at all, he disappeared as if he never existed at all. Rafters posters used to dote after him as if his objectivity was worth the screen he type on. He was just as much a fraud as the program he worshiped. I never bought his crap for a skinny minute. He gone.

He sure fooled me. I thought he was one of the more knowledgable posters on here. Somewhat like Grumpy and Card are now.

Guess I'm too trusting. Think I'll stay that way.

Is katman2000 alive?

Now there's a name from way in the past. Totally had forgotten about that guy. He ended up getting mad on here or kicked off or something and went on to form his own site which I think became rather bizarre and finally fizzeled out if I remember right. Kinda enjoyed him, at first, but then he starting getting pretty weird.

Now there's a name from way in the past. Totally had forgotten about that guy. He ended up getting mad on here or kicked off or something and went on to form his own site which I think became rather bizarre and finally fizzeled out if I remember right. Kinda enjoyed him, at first, but then he starting getting pretty weird.
Is that dynastydefender.com?? That's still active.

What happened to kentuckysir? He came up with the amazing nickname for James young and when it failed miserably he kind of drifted away.

Another legend was rayodar. This guy had the greatest thread ever! He ran into ramel bradley and gave him pointers on how to shoot better. He then started a thread about it boasting as if smooth took his advice. I was laughing so hard with tears in my eyes it was amazing. I'm sure the old schoolers remember that one lol
That was pure gold. Makes me laugh just remembering his so called instruction session with Bradley.

Brian, please take note of:
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.

Role of Boosters
Boosters play a role in providing student-athletes with a positive experience through their enthusiastic efforts. They can support teams and athletics departments through donations of time and financial resources which help student-athletes succeed on and off the playing field.

Boosters, referred to by the NCAA as “representatives of the institution’s athletic interests,” include anyone who has:

• Provided a donation in order to obtain season tickets for any sport at the university.
  • Participated in or has been a member of an organization promoting the university’s athletics programs.
  • Made financial contributions to the athletic department or to a university booster organization.
  • Arranged for or provided employment for enrolled student-athletes.
  • Assisted or has been requested by university staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes.
  • Assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student athletes or their families.
  • Been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics.
Once an individual is identified as a “representative of the institution’s athletics interests,” the person retains that identity forever.
Thanks, I just realized I am a booster. I never knew that I was one and don't know what to do now that I am one. My "donation" to purchase season tickets is not voluntary. It is mandatory.

No poster ever was a bigger blowhard, stat spewer than SmokeyPearl/BoilerMax. I got into it with him about Huggins.... I work w/lawyers in Cincy that had 'connections' that were telling me that Huggs was going to get fired from UC. I ran into Smokey on the uofl board (back when they had the 'smack' board) and let him know about Huggs. The meltdown that ensued was simply awesome.... they banned his ass and he went running to the Dook board.... no idea where 'mustard face' is hanging these days. The best was his little threats of contacting people at the NCAA with allegations against UK and that he was really 'tight' with Erik Daniels' family...complete BS.

I can't believe some of you guys remember all these names. I spend a good amount of time on here (even had a few thousand other posts under an old screen name before getting the ax for being an early CBC detractor), but could tell maybe a few names I pay attention too. I guess I pay more attention to the comments as opposed to who's making them. Anyway, I'm pretty impressed.

One day, Ulis or Smooth will start a thread that admits "I am the katman"

That dude snarks (I think that was his name) who posted every lebron article, blog, story, excerpt anyone could ever find. Like summer of 09 maybe.
This guy, Kev69 and EvilBlueBalls were the posters I immediately thought of.

I haven't seen BradyJames or whatever his name was post on here, he was the feller who gave away tickets as long as you told him why.

And wasn't there a dude called like RedDog or something that always did bets on the spread with games back in the day?

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
Thanks, I just realized I am a booster. I never knew that I was one and don't know what to do now that I am one. My "donation" to purchase season tickets is not voluntary. It is mandatory.

Keep in mind that the NCAA has the term "booster" so loosely defined that almost any of us could be considered one IF the NCAA deemed it necessary. The reason is quite clear. This prevents a loophole in the enforcement process.

Too bad the NCAA didn't close a loophole that could conceivably allow UNC to get away with 20+ years of cheating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT