ADVERTISEMENT

Cal on if he’ll change re: freshmen

ULisnotmyman

Sophomore
Jul 24, 2017
Listening to his post game comments from last night and this stuck out. He says it’ll be really hard to change how he does things and he probably won’t because, GET THIS, HE’S CHANGED SO MANY KIDS’ LIVES AND THEIR FAMILIES’ LIVES. That’s all he cares about and he’s said it over and over. He will continue to use the university and program to get “his players” rich. That’s essentially what he is saying if you read between the lines. Idk how to link, but have a listen if you can stomach it.

czxKkos.png

This philosophy needs to change but you don’t need to go off his comments to know he won’t. He already has 6 freshmen commitments for next season! (I will say Somto might be recruited over so that might just be 5 but still). He’s still trying to land Jasper/Peterson as well. His actions told you more than his stupid comments ever could.

Get this, as he complains about these older teams we go against, the player he’s building his team around is a 16 year old post player.

He seems to be excited for next year. Bring in some talented freshman…. roll out the ball. Did he talk about all the returnees meshing with the Uber talented freshmen?

If Calipari is really as enamored with making a difference in kids' lives as he says, then I think he has to understand the reality that his position at UK is tenuous at best. I don't think we can understate just how stark raving mad a huge portion of the fanbase is and how quickly a set of donors could buy his ass out. 33 mil or not.

He's done great things for Kentucky and made a difference in a lot of kids' lives, but there comes a point when he has to produce results or expect to be shown the door. He's been paid a lot of money the past five seasons just to pull a succession of Bill Self implosion specials and has seemed content with resting on his laurels.

I'll give him the COVID season when we had a truly great team that never got a chance, but that doesn't excuse first and second round exits the past three years.

Personally, I think he's full of shit. I have from the minute he got to campus. I was just willing to put up with it when we were winning and now... We're not.

We are like Yankees fans. Neither of us have won a championship in a while. Yet, the new season will reel us in. This is our team. We’ll start hearing the hype about a “loaded class”. “Highly ranked freshmen”. Every once in a while, we’ll get a Dillingham or Shepherd. They will be very skilled, yet still have flaws because they are freshman. More often than not, we will get Devin Askew, BJ Boston, Keion Brooks, and guys who were overrated. We’ll find out in March that Cal just rinsed and repeated and had no game plan.

Every once in a while, we will get lucky and get an Anthony Davis who is talented enough to carry Cal. The Everything has to go perfect because even Julius Randle, Derrick Rose, etc can’t always overcome his coaching shortcomings.

Reactions: bIhawk and Fox2monk
It’s his coping mechanism when he loses. Instead of taking ownership, he tries to deflect it to changed lives and chasing dreams. The problem is, very few care about it. Buckle up, because he is about to say some goofy ass shit going forward.

Well, in Cal’s defense, he couldn’t win with transfers either so just stick with what he’s comfortable with I guess?

His ego wants to be known for something big like having the most NBA draft picks. Yet, it makes his coaching look even worse. But when he knows he can’t be fired why should he care?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT