ADVERTISEMENT

NIL

Apr 9, 2024
I have always been a UK fan. Watching us do good and get good players based on the prestige of our program over the years, players who want to come here because of the program but now it ain’t like that. Players only care about that bag. Bill gates could become a fan of Morehead State and buy the best players out there, no salary cap to stop him and turn that team into a top 10 team easy over night basically. I don’t disagree that players should be compensated but I for one will never throw money at these players to come play at Kentucky lol Id rather just not watch the game anymore. I don’t see how anyone could care enough to throw this kinda money at these players knowing how much a lot of ppl/kids around the world need basic things to help them survive but can’t find the resources to give them these things. Pretty close to just being done all together with watching college sports. It is beginning to be too much like pro sports and I haven’t ever been fascinated with watching those overpaid ppl play a childs game. You all can do what ya want but this shit ain’t even cool anymore.

Wait til you find out what some are making in the NBA to play a child’s game.

Our conference pays us hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue sharing from TV Contracts to televise our various child games.

It’s an entertainment business, and the players produce the product. In the modern times we can either let Kentucky basketball go by the wayside or we can do what the times call for and pay the players.

I have always been a UK fan. Watching us do good and get good players based on the prestige of our program over the years, players who want to come here because of the program but now it ain’t like that. Players only care about that bag. Bill gates could become a fan of Morehead State and buy the best players out there, no salary cap to stop him and turn that team into a top 10 team easy over night basically. I don’t disagree that players should be compensated but I for one will never throw money at these players to come play at Kentucky lol Id rather just not watch the game anymore. I don’t see how anyone could care enough to throw this kinda money at these players knowing how much a lot of ppl/kids around the world need basic things to help them survive but can’t find the resources to give them these things. Pretty close to just being done all together with watching college sports. It is beginning to be too much like pro sports and I haven’t ever been fascinated with watching those overpaid ppl play a childs game. You all can do what ya want but this shit ain’t even cool anymore.

Michael Biehn Wtf GIF by GritTV

• Haha
Reactions: University-6
Wait til you find out what some are making in the NBA to play a child’s game.

Our conference pays us hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue sharing from TV Contracts to televise our various child games.

It’s an entertainment business, and the players produce the product. In the modern times we can either let Kentucky basketball go by the wayside or we can do what the times call for and pay the players.
Then why ask the fans for NIL donations? If Kentucky is getting a 100 million in TV contracts, etc?

The craft family made boat loads of money out of eastern Ky and we have schools that so old they are crumbling down so make it make sense that they throw the money they profited from here towards mostly out of state athletes lol

The sports teams at UK brought home $151,490,901 in revenue while shelling out $151,254,460 in expenses. In other words, the sports department made a profit of $236,441.

Last edited:
The biggest advantage UK has over most programs with large NIL contributors is the BBN. Kentucky obviously has a huge fanbase and if the majority contribute something then we should compete.

I don't particularly like the NIL era bc it's lacking structure and guidelines but I'll contribute if it helps UK succeed. If every supposed fan contributed $10-20 we would compete without much outside influence from business. However, it's still imperative to have a big donor if you want certain program perks.

Then why ask the fans for NIL donations? If Kentucky is getting a 100 million in TV contracts, etc?

The craft family made boat loads of money out of eastern Ky and we have schools that so old they are crumbling down so make it make sense that they throw the money they profited from here towards mostly out of state athletes lol

The sports teams at UK brought home $151,490,901 in revenue while shelling out $151,254,460 in expenses. In other words, the sports department made a profit of $236,441.
I don’t know if you know how government budgets work. Use it or lose it.

Most athletic departments don’t make money at all, Mitch is a very good AD.

What you don’t understand is that $151,254,460 in expenses is directly 100% into the local economy, paying thousands of employees, hundreds of local contractors to work on renovations and new buildings.

I don’t know how you’re acting like they’re wasting money that should go into philanthropy for Eastern Kentucky.

The Athletic Department is a massive 9 figure a year business.

Sincerely,
-guy who helped build the baseball stadium, and Rupp Arena. Fed my family with checks from hard work I did contracting for the “wasteful” athletic department.

What you don’t understand is that $151,254,460 in expenses is directly 100% into the local economy, paying thousands of employees, hundreds of local contractors to work on renovations and new buildings.

I don’t know how you’re acting like they’re wasting money that should go into philanthropy for Eastern Kentucky.

Sincerely,
-guy who helped build the baseball stadium, and Rupp Arena. Fed my family with checks from hard work I did contracting for the “wasteful” athletic department.
And Bradswhaw prolly made 10 times or more what you made to average like 5 points a game lol hell did Ivisic get paid to sit around half the year 😂😂

And Bradswhaw prolly made 10 times or more what you made to average like 5 points a game lol hell did Ivisic get paid to sit around half the year 😂😂
That’s cool, they’re extremely talented and blessed people, I’m an average Joe.

C’est la vie. That’s how the world works. All I can do is work hard so my children will have to work just a little bit less hard than I had to work.

Reactions: mebeblue2
Pretty close to just being done all together with watching college sports. It is beginning to be too much like pro sports and I haven’t ever been fascinated with watching those overpaid ppl play a childs game. You all can do what ya want but this shit ain’t even cool anymore.
Crocodile tears, from a misguided fan.
At the Power 5 level, it has been all about the money for the last 30 years. Schools, coaches, shoe companies, and the NCAA were getting rich on the backs of kids with the talent that made it all possible.
Morehead State never had a chance. They do now, and it's not a good look for us to complain about that.
NIL is new; it will take time to shake out and determine the market value. When it does, it will be the new norm. History no longer matters; it's time to cope and adjust to be part of the future.

Crocodile tears, from a misguided fan.
At the Power 5 level, it has been all about the money for the last 30 years. Schools, coaches, shoe companies, and the NCAA were getting rich on the backs of kids with the talent that made it all possible.
Morehead State never had a chance. They do now, and it's not a good look for us to complain about that.
NIL is new; it will take time to shake out and determine the market value. When it does, it will be the new norm. History no longer matters; it's time to cope and adjust to be part of the future.
That’s cool, they’re extremely talented and blessed people, I’m an average Joe.

C’est la vie. That’s how the world works. All I can do is work hard so my children will have to work just a little bit less hard than I had to work.
Our kids are going to have to work a lot harder than we have. This country shits on blue collar workers.

Sincerely,
I know I ain’t the only one. I really feel like people from every fanbase is just going to move away from watching college sports, especially those teams that don’t have big NIL budgets. It really isn’t even a fair playing field anymore and with that plus the transfer portal it just isn’t what it used to be. Ratings are about to go wayyyyy down in college sports. Don’t expect your kids to be building big new arenas in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT