ADVERTISEMENT

Another Cal Post

JBHolmesfan

All-SEC
Jul 23, 2009
I want to say it’s time for Cal to go, but I also appreciate what he did for us. We’re not a has been program like Indiana thanks to Cal. One day, I think his name should be hanging in the rafters at Rupp. That’s what I think all coaches who win a title here deserve. One day, I’ll remember him fondly.

All that said, it’s time to move on. He’s just not the guy anymore.

I want to say it’s time for Cal to go, but I also appreciate what he did for us. We’re not a has been program like Indiana thanks to Cal. One day, I think his name should be hanging in the rafters at Rupp. That’s what I think all coaches who win a title here deserve. One day, I’ll remember him fondly.

I almost liked it, but cannot agree with the banner in the rafters yet. Maybe if he left gracefully I’d change my mind later. But for now, I think he’s holding the university hostage with his ridiculous buyout. Even without the buyout doubt that Barbhart would have the balls to fire him.

I almost liked it, but cannot agree with the banner in the rafters yet. Maybe if he left gracefully I’d change my mind later. But for now, I think he’s holding the university hostage with his ridiculous buyout. Even without the buyout doubt that Barbhart would have the balls to fire him.
I’m of the opinion if you win a title here, you belong in the rafters. Unless he leaves us with a scandal or something, I think he’s owed that. Barnhart agreeing to an awful contract isn’t Cal’s fault.

No

If Calipari would humble himself and resign with a apology/thank you speech, I'd say maybe put his name in the rafters. The problem is he's incapable of it and he's been trashing the fanbase for years now.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Sure doesn't sound like he gives a sh!t about UK...or appreciates what UK did for him. "If they fire me I can buy an island"...

Reactions: NociHTTP
Cal is destroying his legacy and keeps embarrassing himself with each loss. His stubbornness and ego keeping our program down, it's hard to appreciate the good run and Calipari reviving the program in 2009-10. For me, he has to leave and some time pass to not feel bitter and angry over the shape this program is in all because of him.

Reactions: RexShepcat
If Calipari would humble himself and resign with a apology/thank you speech, I'd say maybe put his name in the rafters. The problem is he's incapable of it and he's been trashing the fanbase for years now.
Trashing the fanbase ALONE is enough for me to never want to see his name in the rafters.

Reactions: ukfan117
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT