ADVERTISEMENT

Infamous Rupp Rafters posters that don't post anymore.

Interesting thread with some very familiar names. I loved WCF, and it was my first introduction to sports chatboards many moons ago.

Worst poster I can recall and this goes back 15 years.... windycatz. The absolute worst.

I try not to be too confrontational on this board.

So...back in Tubby's waning years when the Tubby's Super Friends vs. The Legion of Doom was in full blaze...

I read an article in USA Today (which had a great sports section) about college basketball recruiting. It pointed out that some good recruits were going to middle tier SEC schools. I posted the article, claiming that we weren't just getting out-recruited by elite college programs, but by mediocre ones.

SmokeyPearl went ballistic!

I was surprised that a lot of posters defended me. If I recall correctly , the thread went on for several pages..

smokeypearl was a wnba player's stepfather, right? natalie williams, maybe?

was as much a purdue fan as a uk fan but had no problem telling uk fans how to think

smokeypearl was a wnba player's stepfather, right? natalie williams, maybe?

was as much a purdue fan as a uk fan but had no problem telling uk fans how to think

I thought he was a U Cincinnati fan. No?

I've never been as in tune with the names of posters as are many of you. Though he fiercely defended Tubby, didn't many of us suspect that he was not really a UK fan -- for quite some time?

I was surprised when I read that he was a UC fan. (Of course, I could have dreamed this whole thing -- it IS 4/20. Just kidding.)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
He sure fooled me. I thought he was one of the more knowledgable posters on here. Somewhat like Grumpy and Card are now.

Guess I'm too trusting. Think I'll stay that way.
Didn't mean to hijack anything. Just answered a question. Yes, I did build a house during that timeframe, didn't take 4 years.

It's a message board and we cheer for different teams. It is what it is. I got out of routine because of circumstances far more important to me. I stopped posting as frequent well before the UNC investigations to basketball. Posts are fully searchable and I did post quite a lot before. Posting 84 times in the last 4 years on even the UNC is quite different than before for sure.

I wish you all well personally and with the sports teams you follow. Take care.

Coach, always enjoyed your posts. They were thoughtful and insightful like you I don't post as much as I once did. I still check this board several times a week for UK intel. It's all good.

Not on here often, but BlueSuave is a message board legend who owns one of the most unintentionally hilarious comments in Internet history.
During the "Billy Donovan is coming to kentucky" craze.... Suave had RR on pins and needles with his 'insider' intel, and downright giddy with his "done deal" report.
When the presumed Billy/UK marriage was revealed not happening... he was barraged by angry posters wanting answers.
He famously wrote something to the effect: "I am not sure how this happened. But I wIll find out and report back as soon as I am done playing Worlds of Warcraft."

Lmao!!!!

I remember that melodrama he created. Was this the "done deal" post or was that something different?

I thought he was a U Cincinnati fan. No?

I've never been as in tune with the names of posters as are many of you. Though he fiercely defended Tubby, didn't many of us suspect that he was not really a UK fan -- for quite some time?

I was surprised when I read that he was a UC fan. (Of course, I could have dreamed this whole thing -- it IS 4/20. Just kidding.)

Smokey's 'fandom' seemed to go from UK to Purdue to UC and even to Loserville (He would defend them on their smack board against me with his endless posts with all the stats he could find). After his banning from the Loserville board, he ran off to the Duke board....not sure if he's still there or not.

He claimed to be a 'personal friend of Bob Huggins'.... lost his mind when I told him UC was going to fire him.

Anybody remember wakeupky?

I thought I was a pretty big critic of Tubby, but I was an amateur compared to that guy.

He scared me. [winking]

Dep,

During the undefeated SEC season 2003, wasn't it you who would post "Solomon Grundy crush ____"? I must admit that was one of my favorite seaons on this board.

windykatz or Smokey Pearl, or whatever other handle he had, he was, hands down, the biggest idiot that ever posted on any board. Yes that covers a lot but he was tub dangler #1, a Huggins lover, a Purdue mouth and #1 ahole of all time. Anyone that was on here during the early 2000s can vouch for his stunning rhetoric.

Perhaps a poll would be in order. And begin with Smoke for sure!

This is hilarious.

NCAAUCOACH quit posting in this board when UK got Cal. He didn't quit posting during the scandal as to avoid a fight like he claims. That might have been part of it later, but no sir, that's not how it went down.

NCAAUCOACH was gonzo when Tubby left this program. Told me a lot about the guy at the time.

This is hilarious.

NCAAUCOACH quit posting in this board when UK got Cal. He didn't quit posting during the scandal as to avoid a fight like he claims. That might have been part of it later, but no sir, that's not how it went down.

NCAAUCOACH was gonzo when Tubby left this program. Told me a lot about the guy at the time.

First off, your acct. appears to have been created several months after John Calipari became UK head coach so how much keeping up with ncaaucoach's style of posting could you have done during OTS tenure?

And so congrats on becoming a suspected tarhole fan for your poorly planned effort in revising a softened exit for that asshat. You could not be more mistaken. He stuck around long after Cal became the UK coach, created discussions, challenged UK fans with doubts about whether Cal would get UK in trouble again and made references to the late 80s circumstances . . . yeah, you might find it hillarious, but that doesn't it stop it from being FACT. shameless prick did not disappear until the unc scandal took early form. I don't know who exactly you're referring to as I've bolded in your post, but I know exactly what I'm talking about. Yes, maybe he "let up" (a tiny bit) after UK started winning more (under Cal), but he continued to post, continued to say stuff like congrats on the win, nice to see you guys doing well and you have every right to enjoy your new success, I just hope Cal doesn't cause any trouble for your program . . . and . . . no, don't get me wrong, not saying I think we're perfect, but that sort of thing cannot happen at UNC.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't long after Julius Peppers transcripts were first leaked (and just think about how long ago that's been) he crawled back into momma's basement and ain't come back out.

Last edited:
Because we know who he really is. Pretty much any dude who fakes his own death is a psycho
I haven't read past this post, so if it's already been said I apologize, but I'm curious how you know S&C is Black Label?

I remember that whole thing quite well, how he was slowly dying. Didn't he have someone on here speaking how he was talking to him on the phone? IIRC, BLW said he "didn't have long to live", and all of us were really bummed for the guy.

Very bizarre, but like I said, I'd be interested to know how you can be sure he's BLM.

Thanks in advance, WW.

I haven't read past this post, so if it's already been said I apologize, but I'm curious how you know S&C is Black Label?

I remember that whole thing quite well, how he was slowly dying. Didn't he have someone on here speaking how he was talking to him on the phone? IIRC, BLW said he "didn't have long to live", and all of us were really bummed for the guy.

Very bizarre, but like I said, I'd be interested to know how you can be sure he's BLM.

Thanks in advance, WW.

Yeah, i actually called him. About 7 in the morning. Dude was so tanked out of his head. Just figured that he was drinking because he had brain cancer. He didnt have brain cancer. At all.

Don't think that s and c is Blk

I joined the board in 1999 right after we lost to Mateen Cleaves and Co. My favorite poster for a long time was ukjon because he was a "glass 99% empty" kind of guy and didn't give a crap if it pissed everyone off, and because he was a fellow Nashvillian for awhile.

Is he still around? I definitely don't keep up like I used to a decade ago.

windykatz or Smokey Pearl, or whatever other handle he had, he was, hands down, the biggest idiot that ever posted on any board. Yes that covers a lot but he was tub dangler #1, a Huggins lover, a Purdue mouth and #1 ahole of all time. Anyone that was on here during the early 2000s can vouch for his stunning rhetoric.

Perhaps a poll would be in order. And begin with Smoke for sure!
I never had a beef with his love for Tubby..I just thought he sucked period

This is hilarious.

I remember him saying "KU and UNC both would pass UK in all-time wins"

Thanks in advance, WW.

Well in advance, pocket that thanks and be rest assured the two are not the same person.

Last edited:
78Geese, or something like that. Sunshine pumper, usually tries to be funny. Just shreds the English language. Probably here for the education.

Reactions: augustaky1
Does anyone remember sexnnursinghomes ever posting here? he was a regular on ksr for quite a while a few years back.
I think he claimed he lived in florida. he came across as a certified nutjob. he was just vile, over the top nasty. i couldn't believe he lasted as long as he did without being banned. i'm sure he wouldn't have lasted long over here.

Does anyone remember sexnnursinghomes ever posting here? he was a regular on ksr for quite a while a few years back.
I think he claimed he lived in florida. he came across as a certified nutjob. he was just vile, over the top nasty. i couldn't believe he lasted as long as he did without being banned. i'm sure he wouldn't have lasted long over here.

:smiley:ahem

Surprised i didn't get banned either ha ha

Reactions: BBUK and blubo
ADVERTISEMENT