ADVERTISEMENT

Infamous Rupp Rafters posters that don't post anymore.

I've also been on here since 2001 and have enjoyed the ups and downs of this thread! Only an old-timer will remember this name: No_Nails, the King of Harsh. He was on the sports threads, but it was his political posts where he gained fame.

Scout and Bernie Kosar asked me to take the UK site, just as I was prepared to accept Mel's offer to take over Wildcatfaithful. Rivals had just gone backrupt and Heckman was trying to start another platform.

There is no question that Mel wanted UKbob to take over Wildcatfaithful when he became super-ill. He told me this. We all had relationships with Mel, but he was in a panic toward the end and would have been happy to have anyone BUT that bitch Patty to take over the site.

I think that was it but is katman2000 or whatever he called/calls himself now still there and in charge. I may have to check it out just for laughs. Probably is subscription, though, and I'm not paying for his garbage.
I don't know. Until it was brought up, I hadn't visited it for a few years.

Reactions: TheKentuckyKid
Totally agree the love fest is sickening and very unwarranted.

Who were you referring to because I have that same view of a poster on here that is beloved but never has anything of value to say. The kissing up to him is ridiculous and there's a short leash for anyone that says anything to him.

Wondering if it's the same guy.

Unlike Kaiser, you guys should know the real problem UK had.

1. We made their paying media groups (Host Communications) look bad.

2. And the big one. I was the first to ever use BIG BLUE NATION in commerce.

That is right, I copyrighted it for our company name, our website, and our apparel.

Did I mention we had a 20,000 sqft apparel facility with NCAA rights and printed for the SEC tournament.

Also our mission was to provide a media hub for multiple college teams so others could produce magazines and TV shows from our central location.

We had Buckeye Nation, Gator Nation, Longhorn Nation, Sooner Nation.

This wasnt about just UK. We covered Lebron James as a Junior playing football and Clarett before he committed to OSU.

This was a huge IP legal battle. We had and proof we used it first. We simple could not keep up financial wise with UK in the courts.

Check the USPTO office if you want proof.

The other recruiting crap is simply false.

UK said Andre Woodsen was in danger of being ineligible becasue he was interviewed on CBS and ESPN with his coach and no questions regarding UK!

Pay attention to the questions nowadays and how the reporters really push their home school.

Is it any wonder that no sanctions or complaints came from the NCAA and made no mention of any violations about us? ZERO. UK was lying.

"But i remember there being several articles on the subject…even made it to USA Today if i'm not mistaken. He was quoted in that article too"

So glad dumbass brought this up.

UK's official reason for killing BBN is in this article:

Sandy actually said the internet is not considered media:

"The NCAA says that fan Web sites aren't considered media outlets, and that the school might be accountable if a representative contacts a recruit. Such contact might be an NCAA violation."

Of course our TV show, magazine, or radio show are never mentioned.
Wetzel a huge writer, Vaught, and our Fox Sports announcers and others are not mentioned.

see for yourself

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/other/2004-01-14-kentucky-booster-ban_x.htm

"Can't believe someone, booster or not, would blatantly put a UK athletic program at risk like that just to benefit themselves…and still call themselves a fan."

Unlike many people who contact recruits we were very conscious of UK's current situation and never once put UK in danger.

UK wanted to protect their paying media firms and they definitely wanted the trademark."

I offered the trademark for free use forever and UK said no.

The things UK did back then were despicable.

They destroyed a company with 30 employees with families, some of these well known sportswriters but many were just posters like you who wanted to be involved in sports and took a chance on a cool startup.

We never were afforded the access of a Matt Jones, I personally helped Jeff Drummond get started.

We had a cool start up that wanted to expand a ESPN multi media platform to all schools and provide fans to become more involved.

This was not just a UK thing.

Of course no matter how many times the truth comes out, idiots like the OP will believe every word Bell and Barnhardt issue. How a bout pulling a FOIA and seeing the real truth?

Unless you are a coward, contact me, lets hold an open forum and allow these posters to sit in and you can voice your uneducated POS views to me face to face and I can make you look very stupid in public.

Several people would be glad to put their 2 cents in that were there and experienced it.

One last note:

"He was quoted in that article too. [laughing] Can't believe someone, booster or not, would blatantly put a UK athletic program at risk like that just to benefit themselves…and still call themselves a
fan."

Kentucky wasnt a totally clean program but nowhere near a bama or Tennessee.

But I was a true fan and i understood the problems of someone spilling the beans on even minor infractions while on probation.

I also understood that the UK athletics and teams are separate entities; If i could have attacked Sandy, her staff, and Mitch's lies i would. But only if the teams were not affected. Impossible.

My loyalties were to the coaches and players, many of these could not stand the AA.

I hope this helps and I am very open to having a forum with this liar OP in front of everyone. I still have facts and witnesses to prove this guy and others an idiot liar.

Despite all that has happened to me personally, i lost my entire net worth, my dad lost over $60k, quite a bit for a retired fireman.

In the end I rebounded, did better than every and was able to repay dad, who i love more than anything for trusting in me and risking so much.

I was very young back then and learned many lessons that served me well the bast 16 years.

Mitch and I have since become cordial as our kids played in some of the same rec leagues growing up.

Would I have done things differently if given the chance? Of course but we all have this issue.

I enjoy being just a fan now a days and my bitterness has resided, but for anonymous strangers to attack me and my dad still pisses me off, especially when they hide behind users names.

All of this time I have always used my real name either bpoe or brianpoe. I still live in Lex and very easy to find.

I hope this helps clear the air.
One helluva post my friend.

not reading ten pages but i would guess somebody brought up thomas_crown

i remember when there was a thread about master p's son committing to southern cal, and another poster volunteered that his nephew had played against him in aau and said he was garbage

thomas_crown jumped all over the guy and even took shots at the nephew, calling him a nobody

guy's nephew was shelvin mack, who's still in the nba

Who were you referring to because I have that same view of a poster on here that is beloved but never has anything of value to say. The kissing up to him is ridiculous and there's a short leash for anyone that says anything to him.

Wondering if it's the same guy.

Check out page 1 for the answer. BTW, I radically disagree.

not reading ten pages but i would guess somebody brought up thomas_crown

i remember when there was a thread about master p's son committing to southern cal, and another poster volunteered that his nephew had played against him in aau and said he was garbage

thomas_crown jumped all over the guy and even took shots at the nephew, calling him a nobody

guy's nephew was shelvin mack, who's still in the nba
My gf's cousin is also shelvin Mack and rondo is a lil more of a distant cousin of hers. Sorry for the randomness lol.

There is no question that Mel wanted UKbob to take over Wildcatfaithful when he became super-ill. He told me this. We all had relationships with Mel, but he was in a panic toward the end and would have been happy to have anyone BUT that bitch Patty to take over the site.

I'm glad he told you that.

Could have been before or after he asked me. But don't insinuate I am lying. He actually drew up papers before I decided to go with Scout. Mel was a good friend and I agree there were a couple of people he didn't want to take over the site.

@ukbob would be a spectacular pick for any website, great guy.

I'm glad he told you that.

Could have been before or after he asked me. But don't insinuate I am lying. He actually drew up papers before I decided to go with Scout. Mel was a good friend and I agree there were a couple of people he didn't want to take over the site.

@ukbob would be a spectacular pick for any website, great guy.

I am 'insinuating' that you weren't the only one, and maybe not one of the first ten choices. He was desperate, dying and penniless, and he wanted his 'child' to live on. Mel had a way of making everyone feel exclusive. You might remember that Patty claimed she had 'contractual rights'.

He made Wildcatfaithful special. In retrospect, it probably would not have continued on long without him. It was the counter-point to all the places trying to make side money off of the Cats in those days (though I am sure Mel would have liked it to cost him a bit less). You might remember that the predecessors to this site were all about the 'mods' and the self-perceived 'players' and their imagined senses of value. They all had 'sources'. They all had 'connections'. Not.

When they turned off their computers, they all went back to being fat boys and girls living in Mom's basement.

I am 'insinuating' that you weren't the only one, and maybe not one of the first ten choices. He was desperate, dying and penniless, and he wanted his 'child' to live on. Mel had a way of making everyone feel exclusive. You might remember that Patty claimed she had 'contractual rights'.

He made Wildcatfaithful special. In retrospect, it probably would not have continued on long without him. It was the counter-point to all the places trying to make side money off of the Cats in those days (though I am sure Mel would have liked it to cost him a bit less). You might remember that the predecessors to this site were all about the 'mods' and the self-perceived 'players' and their imagined senses of value. They all had 'sources'. They all had 'connections'. Not.

When they turned off their computers, they all went back to being fat boys and girls living in Mom's basement.

Mel wasn't that bad off when we were talking, in fact we met at a hotel out of town the last meeting. His initial offer was a partnership together, so I would assume I made the Top 10...

I am sure he talked to others, no doubt.

I agree with everything else, that is how I remember things as well.

You are dead-on about the mods back in the day. Insufferable.

Unlike Kaiser, you guys should know the real problem UK had.

1. We made their paying media groups (Host Communications) look bad.

2. And the big one. I was the first to ever use BIG BLUE NATION in commerce.

That is right, I copyrighted it for our company name, our website, and our apparel.

Did I mention we had a 20,000 sqft apparel facility with NCAA rights and printed for the SEC tournament.

Also our mission was to provide a media hub for multiple college teams so others could produce magazines and TV shows from our central location.

We had Buckeye Nation, Gator Nation, Longhorn Nation, Sooner Nation.

This wasnt about just UK. We covered Lebron James as a Junior playing football and Clarett before he committed to OSU.

This was a huge IP legal battle. We had and proof we used it first. We simple could not keep up financial wise with UK in the courts.

Check the USPTO office if you want proof.

The other recruiting crap is simply false.

UK said Andre Woodsen was in danger of being ineligible becasue he was interviewed on CBS and ESPN with his coach and no questions regarding UK!

Pay attention to the questions nowadays and how the reporters really push their home school.

Is it any wonder that no sanctions or complaints came from the NCAA and made no mention of any violations about us? ZERO. UK was lying.

"But i remember there being several articles on the subject…even made it to USA Today if i'm not mistaken. He was quoted in that article too"

So glad dumbass brought this up.

UK's official reason for killing BBN is in this article:

Sandy actually said the internet is not considered media:

"The NCAA says that fan Web sites aren't considered media outlets, and that the school might be accountable if a representative contacts a recruit. Such contact might be an NCAA violation."

Of course our TV show, magazine, or radio show are never mentioned.
Wetzel a huge writer, Vaught, and our Fox Sports announcers and others are not mentioned.

see for yourself

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/college/other/2004-01-14-kentucky-booster-ban_x.htm

"Can't believe someone, booster or not, would blatantly put a UK athletic program at risk like that just to benefit themselves…and still call themselves a fan."

Unlike many people who contact recruits we were very conscious of UK's current situation and never once put UK in danger.

UK wanted to protect their paying media firms and they definitely wanted the trademark."

I offered the trademark for free use forever and UK said no.

The things UK did back then were despicable.

They destroyed a company with 30 employees with families, some of these well known sportswriters but many were just posters like you who wanted to be involved in sports and took a chance on a cool startup.

We never were afforded the access of a Matt Jones, I personally helped Jeff Drummond get started.

We had a cool start up that wanted to expand a ESPN multi media platform to all schools and provide fans to become more involved.

This was not just a UK thing.

Of course no matter how many times the truth comes out, idiots like the OP will believe every word Bell and Barnhardt issue. How a bout pulling a FOIA and seeing the real truth?

Unless you are a coward, contact me, lets hold an open forum and allow these posters to sit in and you can voice your uneducated POS views to me face to face and I can make you look very stupid in public.

Several people would be glad to put their 2 cents in that were there and experienced it.

One last note:

"He was quoted in that article too. [laughing] Can't believe someone, booster or not, would blatantly put a UK athletic program at risk like that just to benefit themselves…and still call themselves a
fan."

Kentucky wasnt a totally clean program but nowhere near a bama or Tennessee.

But I was a true fan and i understood the problems of someone spilling the beans on even minor infractions while on probation.

I also understood that the UK athletics and teams are separate entities; If i could have attacked Sandy, her staff, and Mitch's lies i would. But only if the teams were not affected. Impossible.

My loyalties were to the coaches and players, many of these could not stand the AA.

I hope this helps and I am very open to having a forum with this liar OP in front of everyone. I still have facts and witnesses to prove this guy and others an idiot liar.

Despite all that has happened to me personally, i lost my entire net worth, my dad lost over $60k, quite a bit for a retired fireman.

In the end I rebounded, did better than every and was able to repay dad, who i love more than anything for trusting in me and risking so much.

I was very young back then and learned many lessons that served me well the bast 16 years.

Mitch and I have since become cordial as our kids played in some of the same rec leagues growing up.

Would I have done things differently if given the chance? Of course but we all have this issue.

I enjoy being just a fan now a days and my bitterness has resided, but for anonymous strangers to attack me and my dad still pisses me off, especially when they hide behind users names.

All of this time I have always used my real name either bpoe or brianpoe. I still live in Lex and very easy to find.

I hope this helps clear the air.
Wow, and that my friends is how he got Ali. Que the Cal is McMahon clip.

ADVERTISEMENT