ADVERTISEMENT

If we tie with Florida, who wins the tiebreaker?

Dec 12, 2019
Looking like FL will end up 12-6, as will we if we don’t beat UT. If UT wins the league, will FL get the nod over us since we lost to UT twice, while they only lost once?

If two teams are tied it’s head to head. If they played twice and split, then it’s based on each teams record vs the number 1 seed. If that doesn’t break it then it just keeps going through records vs the next highest seeds.

Long story short, it will be us.

We have a better record against Alabama, which is what it would come down to (as TN, South Carolina, and Auburn are all equal). We'd be 1-0 against Bama, they would be 1-1.

Long story short, it will be us.

We have a better record against Alabama, which is what it would come down to (as TN, South Carolina, and Auburn are all equal). We'd be 1-0 against Bama, they would be 1-1.
It could be SC in 2nd, not Bama

Except it says record against and not win percentage like the three way or more tie. 0 and 2 is worse than 0 and 1. Idiotic but playing EeeTee less makes them the 5. Or am I reading that wrong?

I thought the supposed experts said if we beat vandy we can't be worse than 5. I'm probably wrong.

I mean from a purely selfish watching stand point the late game Thursday and Friday work better for me anyways. It also puts on other half of bracket from UT probably.

Reactions: gharding07
I thought the supposed experts said if we beat vandy we can't be worse than 5. I'm probably wrong.

I mean from a purely selfish watching stand point the late game Thursday and Friday work better for me anyways. It also puts on other half of bracket from UT probably.
I am unsure on this one because of the wording. I like percentage much better. A team having two losses to a team is worse than a team with only one loss that only played that team once? I'm unsure how that's going to be interpreted.

It could be SC in 2nd, not Bama

But like I said in my post, since we are equal records with Florida when it comes to TN, South Carolina, and Auburn, it doesn't really matter what order they all finish in, it'll come down to Alabama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT