ADVERTISEMENT

Box Score vs UT Feb 3rd

canebreak

Senior
Jan 26, 2004
As I go back and look at box score from meeting vs UT, over a month ago, I expected to see really bad numbers. I didn’t. We shot a higher percentage but it was close. Rebounds not horrible. Both teams hit 12 3’s. They hit 7 more free throws and we lost by 11. We didn’t play Z or Wagner.

On negative side Kinect didn’t play well and Dilly played great. Need to repeat those.

I see room for hope. Will we win? I don’t know. Can we win? 100% we can. If we limit second chance and play marginally better D we can beat them. Assuming refs cooperate.

We need to get their big man I. Foul trouble.

The biggest difference was how many 50/50 balls and offensive rebounds the Vols garnered that made it nearly impossible to comeback. Couple that with how the Vol guards DOMINATED ours and we were humiliated in Rupp.

Our kids MUST rebound and play with more determination tomorrow!!

I'm still convinced Cal was sand bagging by not playing Z in the first match-up. Z has been eligible for 14 games and he's only had a DNP in 2 of them - Tennessee and Ole Miss. He played 10 minutes against a physical SC team but didn't see the floor when we could've used him against UT

Reactions: RunninRichie
We have up very easy 7 points on 3 inbounds plays. Two dunks and an open 3. Those easy buckets are momentum builders for them and killers for us.

That can’t (won’t) happen again.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I also noticed James scored 26 points and has only scored over 20 three times the whole year. We can’t let him and Vescovi get going along with Knecht, those three are the key in limiting their scoring. We know we can win, now we need to go out and do it.

I also noticed James scored 26 points and has only scored over 20 three times the whole year. We can’t let him and Vescovi get going along with Knecht, those three are the key in limiting their scoring. We know we can win, now we need to go out and do it.
Feels like James plays well against us every single game.

WHAT A GAME!!!!

We limited their rebounding by OUT-REBOUNDING them!!!! We made shots and defended their guards incredibly great. We used the Coach Rupp way of defending the Vols today, allow Knecht to do all he wants, but keep everyone else in check. It worked PERFECTLY!!!

HUGE win!!

Nothing better than beating the Vols in Knoxville!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT