ADVERTISEMENT

As of today: 4th place in SEC, bye in SEC tournament

If you don’t think things are looking good for this team right now, you are the blind one.
The loss to UNCW in Rupp was phenomenal and getting outcoached by Few/Gonzaga and Boy Genius/Gators with lesser squads at home stupendous! Then to cough up a sure dub to LSU team with awesome lineups and even better substitution patterns, not too mention that great L to 9th place A&M, out of this world!

Looks great! I mean, who needs 13-2 and first place, when 10-5 and tied for 4th is just as good to perform our annual choke from?

Last edited:
While I am happy for our wins with all the five stars No. 1 recruiting class, other teams should be chasing us we should be No.1.

Reactions: ruppcat
The loss to UNCW in Rupp was phenomenal and getting outcoached by Few/Gonzaga and Boy Genius/Gators with lesser squads at home stupendous! Then to cough up a sure dub to LSU team with awesome lineups and even better substitution patterns, not too mention that great L to 9th place A&M, out of this world!

Looks great! I mean, who needs 13-2 and first place, when 10-5 and tied for 4th is just as good to perform our annual choke from?
What part of right now didn’t you understand?

We're in a 3-way tie for fourth. Among tied teams, we're 2-1, Florida is 2-1, Auburn is 0-2. Auburn's eliminated. We're 1-1 with Florida, we both lost to 1st place Tennessee, We beat 2nd place Alabama while Florida lost to them. We get the tiebreaker over Florida.

Florida still has to play Alabama at home and @South Carolina. But We would be greatly helped if Mississippi State could get a win at Auburn. Then we'd have a cushion to lose 1 more (@UT) and keep the top 4 seed. We could conceivably get all the way to #2 if we win out, but winning the SEC would take some crazy losses by the top 2 teams.
Yep that be great. Get back to me when we beat Tennessee. Without that don't really matter much. Would need Auburn to lose at home not likely.

Kentucky will likely be a 5 or 6 seed in the SEC tournament should have won the Florida game.

Reactions: CatPhight
Cool thing is the 5 seed plays at 2:30 on Friday as well (assuming they beat the lowly 12 seed)

I'm thinking the 4 will be SC. Maybe we can get revenge on them if we end up the 5.

And to the other poster things aren't looking good right now for a double bye for UK. UT isn't gonna just let UK walk into Knoxville and kick their asses. It's an extremely tough game and because of the embarrassing losses others have referenced, a loss almost assuredly drops us out of a double bye. Pathetic.

UK has Beaten MSU, Auburn and Florida on road - they are fully capable of beating UT on road, SC will lose 2 more, chicken little

Not looking ahead of Arkansas. They are not a great team but with our team you never know what can happen.

Hope we see our boys in BLUE put an old fashioned UK whooping on the hogs from arky.

UK has Beaten MSU, Auburn and Florida on road - they are fully capable of beating UT on road, SC will lose 2 more, chicken little
Kentucky has also lost to Florida at home lsu on the road and Texas a&m on the road as well as scar, so no it’s not chicken little, it’s not being able to get any clear read on this team at all

And a bad a and m team. They also lost to sc by 17 on the road.

And to the guy blabbering about sc losing 2 more. So what? Doesn't help UK unless we win at UT.
Yep, we literally gave 3 dubs away thru lack of adjustments, yahtzee lineups and unbelievably poor situational awareness.

Difference between first and fourth place.

USC has to lose all 3? Ahh got it, you are already counting the UT game as a loss
Yes, we will be 7-8 point underdogs so it’s likely we lose.

My point was stastically speaking, it doesn’t look good for us to be top 4

All you can do is just win the game in front of you. I would love to get a top 4 seed. I don't have any doubt this team has the ability to win the rest of these games.

The worry for me is not the Tennessee game. If we get there with 2 more wins, I feel good about our chances. It's the Arkansas and Vandy games that worry me. Although, the determination the team showed in that Miss St game gives me hope that we've turned a corner and have learned how to get up even for games we should win.

Bottom line: just win the game in front of you. Don't think beyond that. What happens, happens.

Reactions: true blue1
Sad Ky has fallen and they had a No. 1 recruiting year, I can remember a time in Ky BB history when they would be at the top of the SEC every year.

Not true at all. We are in quite good shape actually.
I always knew you had low expectations for the program. Good to know that 4th place in the SEC while having two top 10 picks and an All-American on the UK roster places this team in the "quite good shape" range of your expectation spectrum.

Reactions: gharding07
If Kentucky beats Vandy I think they clinch no worse then #5 SEC seed. I ran all the possible tie breakers with Florida if they win out and I think Kentucky comes out on top on all the reasonable ones.

A 4/5 game vs South Carolina wouldn't be the worst in the world.

Auburn, Bama, and UT are a cut above everyone else in the SEC this season.

We are better than South Carolina tho and should win that game to get to the semis.

Reactions: gharding07

We are better than South Carolina tho and should win that game to get to the semis.

It would be ok. I prefer not to face Arkansas again in the 5 vs 12 or 13 game though. Hope they can climb to 11.

We beat the crap out of 2 of those top 3 you picked . Try again

Reactions: UK CAT in FL
If we finish 4th or 5th in the SEC that is a hell of spot knowing our 1st game will be against 1 of Auburn, South Carolina, Alabama or Tennessee for quarterfinals game. That is one hell of a game for a quarterfinals game.

You really wanted to be a 1,2 or 3 seed this year in the SEC tournament.

Reactions: Wildcats1st
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT