ADVERTISEMENT

As of today: 4th place in SEC, bye in SEC tournament

If we finish 4th or 5th in the SEC that is a hell of spot knowing our 1st game will be against 1 of Auburn, South Carolina, Alabama or Tennessee for quarterfinals game. That is one hell of a game for a quarterfinals game.

You really wanted to be a 1,2 or 3 seed this year in the SEC tournament.
I’m not afraid of auburn. It’s a tough matchup for them. Would be a top 10 Q1 win early on. With two more Q1 opportunities if we advanced to the finals in a scenario like that hypothesizing we win out reg season and beat UT ( not happening) we potentially could have the resume of a 2 seed. Here’s the thing. None of it’s happening and without a 40 min defense we re gonna get bounced early. I could see this team making the elite 8 based on the hot hand but that’s the ceiling. Cal needs a tweak

South Carolina isn't in the same category as Auburn, UT or Alabama.

I'll take my chances on a QF game vs them over those other three. We'd be favored in that game. Currently we wouldn't be vs the other three.

It's gonna be UK vs SC in the 4 vs 5 game most likely. SC has a tough 2 games this week but they keep winning.

UT probably the 1 seed now.

South Carolina isn't in the same category as Auburn, UT or Alabama.

I'll take my chances on a QF game vs them over those other three. We'd be favored in that game. Currently we wouldn't be vs the other three.
We would definitely be favored over Auburn imo.

Nah we can definitely 100% do better than 5th.

I mean we can basically finish anywhere from 1st to 6th.

If USC beats UT, UF beats Bama, Then MSU beats USC we could be playing UT for a chance to share league best record.

Here's a visual.
Image-2-29-24-at-9-02-AM.jpg
Man how did Missouri go from being relevant to winless? Wth is that?

UT is full of men. Talent loses to experience in this era of cbb we will have to be on fire and uT cold
Meh. They’re still less talented. And can struggle offensively at times. I certainly don’t think it will be easy. But sometimes talent wins out.

If everything fell right and there ended up being 5 teams tied at 13-5. I think it goes to head to head between tied teams. In that scenario…
UT/ 4-3
UK/ 3-2
USC/ 3-2
Bama and Auburn would be 4&5 seeds. If winning percentage is the deciding factor i’m assuming it would be between UK and USC with USC being top seed due to beating us. This could all be totally wrong. 😃

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT