ADVERTISEMENT

How many quad 1 wins will we have?

Wildcats1st

All-American
Sep 16, 2017
We have 6 Q1 games left. Not that many. The most winnable Q1 road games we lost already TaMU and usc. MS st, UT, Auburn all on the road. Then at home UT, Gonzaga (they could end up Q2), and Alabama. We re 2-3 right now in Q1 games.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but given our road performances thus far im not counting on winning any of those road games. Then the home games. Gonzaga we beat even though they could end up Q2 after a loss to us. Bama I’m confident about at home. UT I’m 50/50.

So here’s how I see it if cal is going to turn it around. He has to win the 3 home games and take one of those road games. We would be what 6-5 then in Q1 and probably push for a 3 seed. That of course is running the table in these other games which vandy on the road is always concerning.

We have 6 Q1 games left. Not that many. The most winnable Q1 road games we lost already TaMU and usc. MS st, UT, Auburn all on the road. Then at home UT, Gonzaga (they could end up Q2), and Alabama. We re 2-3 right now in Q1 games.

I’m not saying it’s impossible but given our road performances thus far im not counting on winning any of those road games. Then the home games. Gonzaga we beat even though they could end up Q2 after a loss to us. Bama I’m confident about at home. UT I’m 50/50.

So here’s how I see it if cal is going to turn it around. He has to win the 3 home games and take one of those road games. We would be what 6-5 then in Q1 and probably push for a 3 seed. That of course is running the table in these other games which vandy on the road is always concerning.
I think we win 4/6 of them. Plenty for a decent seed IMO. We will see how it shakes out at the end. We will have the SECT for some chances as well. Could get 2-3 more there.

We are ranked 6th in the country. We'll probably drop some b/c of USCjr, but to say Cal needs to "turn it around" is very chicken littleish.

We are ranked 6th in the country. We'll probably drop some b/c of USCjr, but to say Cal needs to "turn it around" is very chicken littleish.
The polls won’t determine seeding. We are a 4/5 right now. We have needed to turn things around since the UNCW loss. We haven’t. We needed those sec road games USC and tamu to overcome the damage of that loss. This team was billed as a championship team. The hype surrounding this team is and has been this is it for cal if he can’t make at least a final four run with this roster he built. We’ve played two awful games back to back. So yeah it has to be turned around. Some of us around here are sick of not having the experience of following our team in the tournament. 5 years this tourney without having the March madness experience. FIVE YEARS!!! You think that’s building on our tradition? 5 years this March without getting out of the first weekend. Yeah I don’t like the prospects as a 4/5 or worse to make it out of the first weekend this season. So old timer I can either air my grievance or sit in apathy. Life’s gonna go on either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT