ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gold and Silver in the IM. Yes!

I had to swim the IM at meets as a child. My best stroke was backstroke and I was dismal at breast stroke. Really hard and I mostly managed to be not in last place. 🤣

-I like DC, glad you’re happy there. My cousin lives one exit from the pentagon and she really loves it, brother lived there for a while. I’ve enjoyed it every time I’ve been there, but like Chicago only been in the summer. Just don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do 4 months of winter

-Also, LivePD sucks.

Grew up in Chicago, my favorite city in the country besides San Diego. Winter doesn't bother me.

I'm in Arlington, somewhat close to the Pentagon, place is on the Potomac.

And Live PD is the shit.

I had to swim the IM at meets as a child. My best stroke was backstroke and I was dismal at breast stroke. Really hard and I mostly managed to be not in last place. 🤣
The one year I did swim team my event was IM. I finished first in all meets except the regional finals. Of course I also finished last in all meets including the regional finals as I was the only 8-year old boy in that event until the regionals. Got a lot of ribbons out of it though!

Speaking of…
I said what I said. But I’ll caveat it with being against the way the Olympics are currently run.

But you could put the Olympics in LA in four years, insist that they only use facilities that currently exist, get rid of all the sanctimonious opening and closing ceremony crap, and keep the budget around $1B and I’d be back on board.

Olympic villages should have a semi-dense, walkable, diverse community core, constructed of the finest faux materials harkening back to yesteryear.

Reactions: WayneDougan
I said what I said. But I’ll caveat it with being against the way the Olympics are currently run.

But you could put the Olympics in LA in four years, insist that they only use facilities that currently exist, get rid of all the sanctimonious opening and closing ceremony crap, and keep the budget around $1B and I’d be back on board.
**** off

Had to google Nia Long to make sure it’s who I thought it was. WTF, how can you hate her?

Side note she is married to the new Celtics coach? Another WTF, because I knew it wasn’t Brad Steven’s but I had no clue who it was.

That’s pretty damn random, to me, for some reason.

-Went for a run the last two days just to get my heart rate up 2x a day. Man, running is awful, don’t get how people “enjoy” it but I get that people think I’m stupid/boring for lifting twice a day. Also, damn I need to run more often, given there are huge elevation changes by the lake but a 9 minute mile is just pathetic.

-That kid hooping with one arm was pretty incredible.

-Gal from nursing school wants to drive down from Northern KY wants to drive down and get a hotel room. She’s prettay, prettay, prettay meh, but she talks a big game which makes it tempting. Plus, it’s out of town hookup that no one will ever know of. We’ll see.

-Meeting up with the family for brunch at Local Feed in Georgetown at 10:30. Pumped for that and getting to wear some casual clothes again. Airybody always dressed up round here, shew.

Played TPC Harding Park yesterday. Hard to believe it’s a muni. Easy to walk. Plushest course I’ve ever played. Everything is so green (thanks marine layer!). Temps in the low 60s. The rough is absolutely bonkers. Can’t imagine what it was like during the PGA. Got a late afternoon tee time for $69 on GolfNow. Bay Area residents are normally $95. Just an amazing deal. Playing a PGA Championship course for under $100. That’s nuts.

Last edited:
Olympics sports that suck:
  • Water polo
  • Synchronized swimming
  • Walking
  • Open Water Swim
  • Canoe/Kayak
  • Rhythmic Gymnastics
  • Equestrian
  • Sailing
  • Surfing
  • Sport Climbing
  • Trampoline
  • 3 on 3 Basketball
That’s like almost half. The Olympics are a disgrace.

Does anyone remember the Seinfeld episode where George Costanza would act frustrated and irritated at work so everyone would leave him alone because they assumed he was working really hard/doing a great job but really he was dicking around and had no clue what he was doing? It’s absolutely amazing to me how over-the top accurate it’s proved to be for me over the years. And then you see these coaches like popovich and belichek (and our own BCG) that act the same and were given god like status and absolutely blow when they don’t have all time HOF players and it just cracks me up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT