ADVERTISEMENT

Official Red Wine Review and Discussion Thread

I think they do. I use to drink the hell out of Bogle. I can’t drink it anymore. I drink a lot of red wine. A LOT. That is why I am pushing Fitvine. Stuff has low sulfites.

I agree with Pinot Noir. Too thin. Do love the blends. I love me some cabs . It really brings out my halitosis. Like the French, Spain, and Italians because of lower headache appeal.
For those that haven't drank the hell out of Bogle, they are good value when your budget is tight or you are just plain tight. I'm in the latter group.

I’ve long been a believer in relative value. Is a $10 bottle twice as good as a $5 bottle? Absolutely! Is a $20 bottle twice as good as the $10? Probably. Is the $40 bottle twice as good again? Doubtful, imo.

Most I’ve spent is $25 on a Decoy brand Merlot. Good stuff. But I wouldn’t do that as an every weekend wine.
Decoy's Cab is very good.

Reactions: WildcatfaninOhio
Kroger has become my wine spot and I do not have a refined palate. I like Gascon Malbec, Jacob’s Creek Shiraz, J. Lohr Cab, the Bogles, most 13 Crimes, 12 Hands red blend, Cooper and Thief, bourbon barrel, and will get an Apothic if I have coupon.
I find Kroger's house brand Estancia wines good value. Costco's Kirkland's too.

Last edited:
I find most any sangiovese grape-based wine good to excellent. From straight sangiovese to basic chianti to chianti classico to super tuscan to my fav, brunello. Had to served to me a few times. Have only ever bought a couple of times on sale for $50-60 for Christmas. Normally easily $100.

Reactions: 80 Proof
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT