ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday randoms...

Spotify popping out tunes, Olympics playing while muted, grinding out busy work on the puter. I still don't understand how one comes to the conclusion that the Olympics should end.

Oldest got in trouble for fighting at his school last week. Grounded him from TV and made him clean house. Baseboards are sparkling.

Got the heifers and steers split out of the herd yesterday, then mowed fields for a few hours. Came home with some fresh corn and zucchini.

I'm not a fan of pesticides, but the mosquitoes are horrible right now. About to douse the yard in some chemicals just this side of DDT.

Four weeks from today is game week.

Got a bottle of fancy dark rum to switch it up a bit on my night cap.

Summer is winding down. It has friggin flown by.

Last edited:
Rowland is also probably anticipating some more movement of key pieces in other conference realignments, and possible schedule changes within the SEC. I dont think his take is necessarily "as it stands today."

As much as it would be a blow to fan interest- thats obviously secondary to money at this point.

Reactions: parrott
The "no benefit" argument as to rivalries (not just GC) blows my mind. Is fan interest not a valid consideration?

Nope- we’re in line to make $65-70M a year off our next TV contract which means we’re winning the pecker contest with the Big 10 and better facilities. Frankly, I don’t care if we win any games or really even play them anymore.

The only way I'm in favor of dropping Louisville is if conference realignment leaves Louisville without a home in a power conference and the game with us is one of their last lifelines of legitimacy, then sweep the leg.

WOuld be nice if they had to go back and play in this shitbox
c4097080-4053-4a8c-ab32-0912e42d7e2d_750x422.jpg

PlayBall wrote a great article in the Huffington Post last week. Given the egregiousness of the two schools respective carbon footprints and the adverse impact on affordable housing for BIPOC during recent stadium construction it’s sickening to think the game will ever be played again.

Also fu@k those of you that want to add Texas and Oklahoma because " it would be cool".
The Clemsons and Louisvilles of the world, hell even Ohio state have shown that it's about winning games, not who you play. There is no upside to playing tough schedules.
Take 2007 for example, we beat # 1 LSU, as did Arkansas, plus they had several close games. Then they boat race Ohio St. You can't tell me we weren't better than Ohio St that year. Ohio St would be the equivalent to an Auburn if they were in the SEC.

Also fu@k those of you that want to add Texas and Oklahoma because " it would be cool".
The Clemsons and Louisvilles of the world, hell even Ohio state have shown that it's about winning games, not who you play. There is no upside to playing tough schedules.
Take 2007 for example, we beat # 1 LSU, as did Arkansas, plus they had several close games. Then they boat race Ohio St. You can't tell me we weren't better than Ohio St that year. Ohio St would be the equivalent to an Auburn if they were in the SEC.
The counter to that, Rob, is that there is likely going to be a fundamental shift in the college football landscape where you're not going to fall ass backwards into the Orange Bowl because you're the second best team in a really crappy conference.

- Maui was great. Not a shocking revelation.

- West coast airports are not great right now. Having extremely limited food/seating options at LAX/SFO/etc is tough with the crowds going through there.

- Our last flight from Chicago was cancelled so luckily snagged a rental car late Saturday night and drove it. Pilot told us O'Hare doesn't even have enough employees to fuel the planes timely at this point.

- One of my favorite parts of summer in Kentucky is driving the back roads with the windows down in the evening and going through a "cold" pocket of air. Probably just a few degrees different but it always just feels like home.

-Mosquitos are bad this year. Was out fishing down there and a ****ing horsefly bit me through my shirt. Bucktooth motherf*cker got me 3x's. All through the shirt. First time that's ever happened.

-Rum, keep meaning to buy a nice bottle. Would've absolutely settled for a nice rum last weekend. Instead stuck with vodka or wine. Bleh. Did blast Geese for the archaic South Carolina bible thumping conservative laws. Because it seems like he was the most responsible party I could find.

-I'm no fan of canceling the series but if we go to 10 SEC games, which is going to happen, you have to at least consider it.

-I don't get the move, other than $$, from either side. I assume 75% of the conference hates it. Sooners have benefited from a weak schedule and conference for the last 2 decades, hence being exposed when playing the other big conferences in bowl games. Texas, well they couldn't do shit in a weak conference. Enjoy the SECW. Not sure it terribly affects us either way, like the last move, but no fan of it.

-ATL, Lex and Charleston were smooth sailing. Airport employees were about 1/2 masked at best. Everything open. Plenty of seats. Enjoyed some CFA in ATL and cut up with the lady cleaning tables. Super nice Gal that took pride in a job most would look down on. Made my day, tbh.

-Hopefully Chin, O, and Jai are out working behind the scenes to lock down a couple 2-3 year transfers for next year. Leave those young pups alone.

After receiving a service call at 10am on a Sunday, Bryant HVAC had my A/C on by 830am today.

That’s pretty amazing. And my cleaning crew appreciates it more than anyone right now!
I've got them looking at a rental property this afternoon.

“Besides the money” 🤣 You’re burying the lede, my friend!

And horseflys are awful. They'll bite a chunk out of your skin and leave it bleeding, they can definitely get through a cotton shirt.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
-ATL, Lex and Charleston were smooth sailing. Airport employees were about 1/2 masked at best. Everything open. Plenty of seats. Enjoyed some CFA in ATL and cut up with the lady cleaning tables. Super nice Gal that took pride in a job most would look down on. Made my day, tbh.

Being serious, for once, these are my favorite people. They just take pride in what they do and spread positive vibes. When done spending time with folks like that I just feel better.

Flying to S Carolina from Lexington with a layover in Atlanta is next level GYERO stuff, elite even.
We all know I'm transcendent. So if you want to drive 10+ hours with a 6yr old and 8month old, have at it. Me, no interest. That would completely negate any benefit of vacation for me. My stress level from that drive would take 3 days to relieve.

You can't fly anywhere from LEX without a layover and that's about the easiest flight imaginable. LEX requires like 20 minutes before boarding, 45 minutes, grab a bite to eat, 45 minutes, done. No stress at all. Bathrooms accessible, no mountains or I75 to navigate. The rental car line was easily the worst part. I prefer the AA Charlotte route, as I can be door to door in 4:15 minutes, but the return flights on AA were all weird. So we added an hour with Delta.

Reactions: CAT Scratch FVR
According to field reconnaissance last week, a majority of females are NOT interested in wearing less objectifying clothing. Good lord. I guess Brazilian cut, easily their best contribution to the world, is just standard now at family beaches. Lol, ok.

Just leave the beach volleyball players along. TIA.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I know most of you dont live by a beach but it’s been like that for a few years now. Go check out my friend alicepalay on IG and you’ll see what the hussies are wearing 🔥
We all know you live next to a beach...

When i was in FL 1/20 things seemed normal, same for SC 6/19. But when I was in SC 6/21 there were butt cheeks everywhere, some that should not see sunlight.

The last couple weeks of school you could see at least a couple thongs tanning in their front yards pretty regularly in the greater campus area.

Butts are in.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I
According to field reconnaissance last week, a majority of females are NOT interested in wearing less objectifying clothing. Good lord. I guess Brazilian cut, easily their best contribution to the world, is just standard now at family beaches. Lol, ok.

I agree based on recon at the Outer Banks, which is very family friendly. But there's a problem with that.

I was walking down the path to the beach with two gals in front of me - one with the Brazilian cut, the other just regular thong - and enjoying the view I might add. Then one of them walked past me on the beach, and much to my chagrin, had braces because she was no more than 15. Another 18-ish looking gal on the beach had on a thong, and seemed to be in a group of four consisting of her 12 year old brother and her grandparents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT