ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Things I never want to do on vacation, in this order:
1. lift/go to a gym
2. do any actual work
-Can’t help it, just makes my day better. I usually call ahead to hotels and see what their free weight/machine setup is before pulling the trigger.

-Haven’t been to Lex in a while, always wild how different things look in a relatively short time.

I’m in Cleveland right now, and the local press coverage of the new MLB team name is incredible. There are two groups of people:

1) those who are very happy about the new name, which represents the majority
2) those who will take some time to really love it

Yep. That’s it. Really no other positions on this issue.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I’m in Cleveland right now, and the local press coverage of the new MLB team name is incredible. There are two groups of people:

1) those who are very happy about the new name, which represents the majority
2) those who will take some time to really love it

Yep. That’s it. Really no other positions on this issue.

Yeah, not buying that at all. Anything on what people other than marathon nerds think?

- there is no depression deeper than the post-vacation depression. I spent the majority of my week staring at the “275 East, 275 West” signs visible outside my office window, dipping, cursing, and wondering where I went wrong. Didn’t do much work, either. Just stared into the abyss. But I did answer a few emails, so I have that going for me.

- These people who tout the “if you love what you do, you’ll never work another day in your life!!!” stuff need to be shot in the brain.

- I had a great idea while on vacation — these stupid wooden signs bitches hang up in the kitchen. For example, “Live, Laugh, Love.” Or some variation of, “Lake Rules: Read a book, take a nap, talk to God.” What about a dirty version of these you sold on the internet? Like, “Goatf**ker, gutless puke, c**kmunching f*ck”, written in a nice wood-burned calligraphy on a piece of driftwood? Think it has some appeal.

- Lots of people have “support groups,” and bullshit like that. I don’t buy into any of that stuff. But I will say — its dammed great having you assholes to vent to. Thank you for that. A young working dad in this world doesn’t get any recognition. And maybe he shouldn’t. Maybe that’s fair. But it’s still good to be able to talk to y’all. You still suck balls, regardless.

- So on Wednesday I had some business in Lexington. On my way home I stopped at my sister’s house. She lives kind of in the country on the border of Fayette and Scott counties. I will not lie but a goddamned mountain lion jumped out and almost bit off my balls in the parking lot of a Dollar General. All I was trying to do was buy ice cream supplies for my nephews. A goddamned mountain lion. You people are vicious. F**k you, Wes Deskins and your goddamned mountain lion.

- Lick my balls and go F**k yourselves. Really.

- Love you to pieces. Really.

- there is no depression deeper than the post-vacation depression. I spent the majority of my week staring at the “275 East, 275 West” signs visible outside my office window, dipping, cursing, and wondering where I went wrong. Didn’t do much work, either. Just stared into the abyss. But I did answer a few emails, so I have that going for me.

- These people who tout the “if you love what you do, you’ll never work another day in your life!!!” stuff need to be shot in the brain.

- I had a great idea while on vacation — these stupid wooden signs bitches hang up in the kitchen. For example, “Live, Laugh, Love.” Or some variation of, “Lake Rules: Read a book, take a nap, talk to God.” What about a dirty version of these you sold on the internet? Like, “Goatf**ker, gutless puke, c**kmunching f*ck”, written in a nice wood-burned calligraphy on a piece of driftwood? Think it has some appeal.

- Lots of people have “support groups,” and bullshit like that. I don’t buy into any of that stuff. But I will say — its dammed great having you assholes to vent to. Thank you for that. A young working dad in this world doesn’t get any recognition. And maybe he shouldn’t. Maybe that’s fair. But it’s still good to be able to talk to y’all. You still suck balls, regardless.

- So on Wednesday I had some business in Lexington. On my way home I stopped at my sister’s house. She lives kind of in the country on the border of Fayette and Scott counties. I will not lie but a goddamned mountain lion jumped out and almost bit off my balls in the parking lot of a Dollar General. All I was trying to do was buy ice cream supplies for my nephews. A goddamned mountain lion. You people are vicious. F**k you, Wes Deskins and your goddamned mountain lion.

- Lick my balls and go F**k yourselves. Really.

- Love you to pieces. Really.

I remember when I had my first beer(whiskey)

Wait KUMITE is an Olympic event?!??

200w.gif

-There are definitely WAY worse sports in the olympics but wtf is the point of 3v3 basketball?

-So it looks like Texas and Oklahoma are coming. 🤬It’s been fun fball, we hardly knew you, 😢.

-Relatives from South Carolina showed up with a fresh basket of peaches, straight 🔥. Already eaten 4. Always forget how nice it is to be able to get good, fresh produce.

-Texting the wrong gal…the WORST. Had something lined up this week and pretty sure that’s not happening now. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: IB4UK
Oklahoma and Texas aren’t good news for Big Blue football. Don’t care how much you want to spin it.
Yep, we won't be able to swing recruits from those two states like we have in the past with the "come play in the SEC" pitch.

TX has won two more games than UK over the last 6 seasons, and while we've had a much tougher schedule. OU has put up some great teams against weak competition, it hasn't helped them in the playoffs though.

I say those teams are in for a reality check when they have to play an SEC schedule. OU will be a second tier competitor at first, TX will be a notch below UK on the 4th tier.

I'm sure they will get future recruiting boosts out of it but that is a few years down the road. UK is improving every year right now too.

Nobody is talking about the basketball side of things. TX HS is moving up quick there. Twenty years ago anyone who could walk and chew gum in the Lonestar state played football, not the case anymore.

Last edited:
I’m not worried about Texas, but OU is no damn joke. They are a legit top 10 team almost every year.

If we are going in the direction of super conferences, and we are, to me it’s a no brainer to be proactive and grab these 2 programs.
It’s good for the CONFERENCE and REVENUE but I agree with wcc that this move does nothing for UK sports in general. It’s actually a detriment in anyway I can think of, tell me otherwise please.

I see things different, and I don’t get why these 2 schools didn’t want to go to the PAC 12 where they become 1-2-3 with USC in a similar fashion style game they are accustomed to.

They aren’t coming in here and competing with Bama, Auburn, LSU for a few years, and I don’t know what school switches to the East but splitting up Ole Miss/Miss St doesn’t seem likely.

Considering we only play these schools 1 every 5-6 years I don’t really care about much for them joining, and basketball is WTF ever so I guess like the good old saying “Get Money”.

It s not a matter of OU or Texas being a threat, those two don't make the SEC any harder to win, it's the probable realignment of sending Alabama to the East. I don't even think Georgia is on board with that. The only good thing is Saban is 70 and it's probably 2023 at the earliest before this goes into effect so we have about five years before Alabama starts falling back to everybody else.

It s not a matter of OU or Texas being a threat, those two don't make the SEC any harder to win, it's the probable realignment of sending Alabama to the East. I don't even think Georgia is on board with that. The only good thing is Saban is 70 and it's probably 2023 at the earliest before this goes into effect so we have about five years before Alabama starts falling back to everybody else.
So OU and Texas aren’t a threat so they don’t make it harder to win EXCEPT, they would likely push Bama to the East, therefore making it harder for us to win. Pretty sure that’s circular thinking.

They don’t make it harder for us to win it besides the fact they make it harder for us to win it.

There’s not going to be an East division for Alabama to move into because they’re going to do 4 team pods.

Unfortunately that will make the SEC championship even harder to get into.

There’s not going to be an East division for Alabama to move into because they’re going to do 4 team pods.

Unfortunately that will make the SEC championship even harder to get into.

Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy and UK

USC, UGA, UF, and Bama

LSU, Ole Miss, MSU and Auburn

Texas, OU, Arkansas, and A&M

That would work!

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Come all, motherfu**ers. Maybe we’ll beat you in football, maybe we won’t. It will be a good game. But we will own your Longhorn/Sooner queer ass in basketball. That much is clear. I can’t wait to decimate these assholes on the hard court.

Have fun in the AAC, Jayhawks. Will have some good battles with Cincy, I’m sure. Haha.

But we will own your Longhorn/Sooner queer ass in basketball. That much is clear.

Oh yea. How’s our basketball squad doing? I’ve been watching LivePD for 3 years, haven’t been following them much.

I’m for whatever makes SEC football bigger and stronger. It will just make UK football better, even if it doesn’t translate in W/L. But eventually, I think there will be more parity in recruiting, and we will have special seasons THAT JUST MEAN MORE.

I mean you can take your lame ass to Penn State because “prestigious reasons”, or you can put your big boy pants on and come play at UK, or wherever. I think it will just push more kids to the SEC. Plus, we haven’t even talked about multimillion dollar Buc-ee’s and Yeti NIL contracts. You can take your poor ass to some other whack/poor conference if you wish...

-I like DC, glad you’re happy there. My cousin lives one exit from the pentagon and she really loves it, brother lived there for a while. I’ve enjoyed it every time I’ve been there, but like Chicago only been in the summer. Just don’t know if I’ll ever be able to do 4 months of winter again unless I had kids.

-Pulling for the comeback for Dilleshaw here in a few minutes.

-Also, LivePD sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT