ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This lurker has never met any GYERO royalty as I am a poor.

Definitely would not go to any of the shithole places you guys frequent.

Other than Rupp Arena and Commonwealth......

December 2, 2005... we had been dating for almost 3 months. I still have the Christmas ornament from your wedding, Gnarls. Your wedding was on a Friday night and then we came back to Lex for UK/UNC the next day. Apparently we went to Nagasaki after that game per my Shutterfly pics. Then we went to a bar where Huber was playing guitar. Was it at the bowling alley? Herrm was there. LBsloot too.

December 2, 2005... we had been dating for almost 3 months. I still have the Christmas ornament from your wedding, Gnarls. Your wedding was on a Friday night and then we came back to Lex for UK/UNC the next day. Apparently we went to Nagasaki after that game per my Shutterfly pics. Then we went to a bar where Huber was playing guitar. Was it at the bowling alley? Herrm was there. LBsloot too.
Malibu Pub IIRC

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Closest I’ve ever come to saying something to someone in the wild was seeing BbdK at Demseys before the Seton Hall(?) shitshow at MSG. Unfortunately, he looked hammered (for a Nooner) and I was hungover as f—- so I passed on the honor.

Love that place though. Hope we get a decent game up there this year and not Iona...

Closest I’ve ever come to saying something to someone in the wild was seeing BbdK at Demseys before the Seton Hall(?) shitshow at MSG. Unfortunately, he looked hammered (for a Nooner) and I was hungover as f—- so I passed on the honor.

Love that place though. Hope we get a decent game up there this year and not Iona...

I was with bellydancers, schems, and rest of extended crew. Most everyone was in town for that one. Blowout Italian dinner that night at a now defunct Batali joint.

Way to be a weirdo.

I saw Bbdk in the Pacers arena concourse and I swear to god he was 5’2”, and yes it is way more creepy to not talk to someone, but I talk to dogs more than people. So, if you’re a furry animal, sup?

I know all the dog’s names in my neighborhood, and exactly one of my neighbors. He’s cool, and helpful. Everybody else knows my name and my dog’s, and it’s been way too long to say “what’s your name again?”, so I don’t.

If anybody has actually seen wildcatchad drive a Honda Fit I’d like to hear it, because I still don’t believe it.

I was with bellydancers, schems, and rest of extended crew. Most everyone was in town for that one. Blowout Italian dinner that night at a now defunct Batali joint.

Way to be a weirdo.

Oh, I’m a weirdo introvert loser, not gonna deny that

Reactions: wcc31
From a BBdK post on Twitter, I hopped off subway on 34th to go snag comp tickets at Demseys for the Seton Hall game. Went upstairs to bar, got tix, looked around for anyone resembling anything I saw on here to say hello.

Didn’t recognize anyone. Would’ve liked to meet some of you.

next time.

One of my groomsmen has bought a Mercedes Winnebago and is living abroad in Texas right now and having a blast. He can work remotely. Living his best life.

Got me nostalgic for FNL. Absolutely love that show. Clear eyes, full hearts.

I said hi to wodiesloot and Anthony at a bar when I recognized, felt like talking to royalty.

Dr Boat saw me in a pisser in Lexington one night at a bar and he said, “MURSE!” Besties after that.

Went on a trip to Atlanta with Will without seeing him until that day in 2012 and we waxed Baylor that game and I met a bunch of folks.

BBDK rapped as we walked out.

Met another one at a bar here, can’t remember but he said are you rogue? Yup!

Any gal I’ve dated knows I’ve met plenty of you touches on line. They think it’s weird but what ever.

Cancelling my appointments today. Rescheduling a lunch date. Dropping all my plans. The dog is gonna have to walk himself, and I’m ordering Grubhub and Drizzly.

If you need me, I’ll be on an all day TBS binge watch when Hitch, Pretty Woman, and Coal Miners Daughter go back-to-back-to-back starting at 9am.

One of my groomsmen has bought a Mercedes Winnebago and is living abroad in Texas right now and having a blast. He can work remotely. Living his best life.

He's in Colorado now I think. Said TX was getting too hot.

Reactions: drxman1
Met several in Atlanta when Will told me to leave Rogue at the bar. Was up for the SEC once before with my dad but chickened out on saying hi to anyone.

Is he not from America? Anyway I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole a few months ago of people modifying Dodge Pro Masters and living van life. I mean I get the freedom but I'd have to have a toilet and shower at the ready.

I told my wife I would love to get a teardrop camper and just drive around the country for 5-6 weeks. I’m half teasing because it is pretty much impossible with work and with all the damn farm animals but some of these YouTube rabbit holes make me want to just pack up and go.

Is he not from America? Anyway I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole a few months ago of people modifying Dodge Pro Masters and living van life. I mean I get the freedom but I'd have to have a toilet and shower at the ready.
Not sure what DrX meant by traveling abroad. Dude he's talking about is from Kentucky.

As for his tenement on wheels, thing is badass. Has a full bath, kitchen, runs on solar/diesel generator, all wheel drive, and has ac/heat. Bought it 6 months ago, and already gotten calls about selling it for more than he paid.

I won’t stand for this lurker slander~

I’ve been lurking this thread pretty consistently since about 2005, I’d guess? The first time I saw it I made a post asking what GYERO was and someone posted a pic of a Philly cheesesteak as a response. Everyone laughed and I still don’t understand the joke, 16 years later.

I posted here one other time that I can remember, in 2010, after John Wall went down against Georgia. At the time I was working as a medical service tech. The devices we specialized in were bone growth stimulators (lol)... basically if you have a broken bone the device helps speed up the healing process. I got a call the morning after the game for an emergency fitting at the Joe Craft Center, walked in and Wall was limping and hopping around the training room. It looked bad. Due to the nature of the situation and well, the law, I guess, I would’ve been shitcanned immediately and started WW3 if I said anything about what I’d seen, but it was too big a deal and I couldn’t completely keep to myself. I made some turbo cryptic post here about it and got absolutely filleted over it by the GYERO elite. Turns out I wasn’t built different and I decided to tuck tail and lurk from that point on until SAE opened the door for a nice little scalping a few weeks ago.

Twitter has been useful in my decades-long master plan of infiltrating GYERO but my account is admittedly pretty God-awful. I got on there initially with the purpose of just harassing UL fans and media but most of their media has blocked me and clowning their fans online isn’t as fun as it used to be. Maybe when football starts back up.

I’ve met a bunch of you in the Hyatt and/or on roadies, got absolutely hammered a few times with Bernie and Tommy pre-Covid, and Doc tried to bang my sister in Chicago after the Michigan State game in 2013. Texted me and said he’d be hanging out with Matt Jones after the game and that we should come out 😂 Maybe next time.

As someone mentioned above, 99% of the time any original thought I have has already been addressed on here and expressed in a better and more entertaining way than I could’ve ever done it. Happy to drop in with the occasional random/humbelbrag when necessary though.

We lived in our VW camper full time for a year and a half. Not always going the campground route, the only issue was planning out your showers. Definitely a much simpler life... our rentals brought in enough to cover what little expenses we had. Semi retired basically. The freedom was amazing but it did grow a bit tiresome of not having a “home base” except our parent’s houses. Having a kid put a hard stop to that lifestyle although the wife wanted to keep doing the van life after the birth. She now admits it would have been impossible with a baby.

* When you clip your fingernails, you've always gotta leave a little extra on one. It's nosepicking 101.

* You know what's even slower than Christmas? When you hit the "reset password" link, and the password reset email doesn't come automatically.

* <-- could absolutely 100% live the "van life".........for maybe a few weeks. I know quite a few people that are full timers, and some of them are highly educated with good paying jobs. But let's be real, that's a huge pain in the ass to not have a legit place to live.

Now that we own a huge SUV, we'll definitely be doing more car camping. Spending next weekend at a state park about an hour away. Gotta load up on my overlanding equipment, I suppose.

* drxman ever figure out where to land a 5-star caterer or private chef in St Kitts? Poor guy was in a big ole pickle last week.

* Dr Fauci's predicament as the world's biggest lightning rod is proof of the incredible leadership void we've had at the very top -- both before and after 1/6. He should be a huge, integral piece of the puzzle, but his knowledge/research/words should serve as a guide. It's like thrusting Devin Askew into the starting lineup. Asking him to be the end-all/be-all is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

* Russ Westbrook sets the all-time triple-double record with a 28-point, 21-assist, 13-rebound effort........in a LOSS.

* Every so often I still see restaurants/bars/coffee shops with the "sign in sheet" by the register or the hostess stand. You know, for contact tracing purposes. Because that was such a successful ordeal. Lol.

* Tom Cruise, taking an ethical stand against the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, has returned all 3 of his Golden Globe Awards. Still cool with being the Grand Wizard of the Fauxchurch of Scientology, tho. FWIW.

* Tim Tebow.

I won’t stand for this lurker slander~

I’ve been lurking this thread pretty consistently since about 2005, I’d guess? The first time I saw it I made a post asking what GYERO was and someone posted a pic of a Philly cheesesteak as a response. Everyone laughed and I still don’t understand the joke, 16 years later.

I posted here one other time that I can remember, in 2010, after John Wall went down against Georgia. At the time I was working as a medical service tech. The devices we specialized in were bone growth stimulators (lol)... basically if you have a broken bone the device helps speed up the healing process. I got a call the morning after the game for an emergency fitting at the Joe Craft Center, walked in and Wall was limping and hopping around the training room. It looked bad. Due to the nature of the situation and well, the law, I guess, I would’ve been shitcanned immediately and started WW3 if I said anything about what I’d seen, but it was too big a deal and I couldn’t completely keep to myself. I made some turbo cryptic post here about it and got absolutely filleted over it by the GYERO elite. Turns out I wasn’t built different and I decided to tuck tail and lurk from that point on until SAE opened the door for a nice little scalping a few weeks ago.

Twitter has been useful in my decades-long master plan of infiltrating GYERO but my account is admittedly pretty God-awful. I got on there initially with the purpose of just harassing UL fans and media but most of their media has blocked me and clowning their fans online isn’t as fun as it used to be. Maybe when football starts back up.

I’ve met a bunch of you in the Hyatt and/or on roadies, got absolutely hammered a few times with Bernie and Tommy pre-Covid, and Doc tried to bang my sister in Chicago after the Michigan State game in 2013. Texted me and said he’d be hanging out with Matt Jones after the game and that we should come out 😂 Maybe next time.

As someone mentioned above, 99% of the time any original thought I have has already been addressed on here and expressed in a better and more entertaining way than I could’ve ever done it. Happy to drop in with the occasional random/humbelbrag when necessary though.
Your sister was a very beautiful woman who thanked me for my service and wanted to take me out...hope she’s doing well.

Yes I found an agreeable chef, thanks for following up.

I said travel abroad, meaning he is out traveling and living in his van. Didn’t think you had to leave the country to use such a term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT