ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auburn's a great example. When they have an other-worldy talent at QB (Newton), or a QB capable of executing the spread option at a high level (Marshall, who was a corner at UGA for chrissake), they're fine. When they don't execute--particularly at QB, they look pedestrian, even with superior talent.

We've looked very poorly coached on both sides of the ball the last couple of weeks. Compare with how well we executed on both sides against Missouri. Yes, we stepped up in competition, but that doesn't explain our inability to get lined up right.

73 is forgetting that the big 12 is a joke. in the last decade nearly every team has had a shot at competing for a national championship. even freaking kansas went 12-1 with a top 5 finish.

pretty excited about your next awful comparison, though.

Reactions: wildcat1973
You guys should really stick to B-ball talk, Foozeball talk is not your alls strong point imo.

So in the last 30 minutes our schedule has been blamed for allowing us to look better than we are AND we should be modeling ourselves after Auburn/Baylor.

Got it. Great stuff, boys.

Yeah, our schedule in the SEC is allowing us to manufacture mythical wins. Mizzou the 2 time defending SECE champs with like 12 SEC road wins in 2 years is really dragging us down.

The 2015 version of Missouri sucks. Year in and year out Missouri will be a much easier game than any one of Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, LSU or Ole Miss, which is how the schedule was set up before.

"what if" is UK football. dumb basketball coach sumbitch AD Newton was actually a decade ahead of the curve hiring Mumme & what kind of football that would bring. we could have been Oregon or Baylor or Boise St years before they made their leaps. wasnt smart enough to insist on:
1)hiring a quality SEC level defensive staff to go with the air raid, and
2)don't hire a fat bastard who can only recruit by cheating and doing it in a sloppy lazy easily discovered manner

should have hired Howard Schnellenberger in '89 instead of Curry also #WhatCouldaBeen

Big 12 Top 5 Points Per Game:

1. 59.0
2. 48.4
3. 48.2
4. 45.4
5. 43.8

SEC Top 5 Points Per Game:

1. 39.4
2. 38.8
3. 36.1
4. 35.1
5. 33.5

So, let's be more like the Big 12. We'll be 10+ point favorites every week. Pretty simple, really.

this football talk is getting depressing.

anyone got a silly karen sypher/premature ejaculation joke to share this morning? need to lighten things up a bit.

Reactions: drxman1
Playing an additional SECE game might be slightly easier but we're talking about a SEC 8 game schedule. We don't need to make apologies for any benefit in playing a perceived lower tier team. I mean Ole Miss and Miss St have been pretty meh over the last 30 years and it's not like we were crushing them.

sport-0113.gif

You know who else was in Waco? David Koresh, that's who. He was crazy, just like Karen Sypher, who Rick Pitino inserted his penis inside a mere 15 seconds before jizzing down his own leg. Rick Pitino also murdered his own unborn child, according to his own religion.

Also, whores.

So does Cal empty the bench and basically let everyone play tonight or will he key in on about 7-8 guys as he tries to figure out his rotation? This team is so awful I don't know that they'll provide enough competition to really evaluate the roster/rotation. Does he start the three PG's or does he give Matthews a chance?

My WAG is he starts Matthews and spins it as helping Briscoe to get him away from Ulis so he can develop his game.

I do appreciate Miami's response to the fact that the TD never should have counted.

-Pat Forde says this all the time but UK Football Fan is easily the most mistreated, under appreciated fan in college sports.

-I'm in it for the long haul with Stoops. Made comments that I was very skeptical of Dawson b/c of the setup at WVU and I think we're seeing some of that green show through. Not just with him but we have a staff full of first time coordinators and HC. So you have some inexperience there with a program that lacks the ability to instantly draw elite talent. It would take a pretty rough step back for me to lose the feeling that we're slowly heading the right direction. Tons to be critical about no doubt. It would be great to have an ACC, B12, B1G, etc schedule to help build us up, but we don't. Great things happening around the program, we just need that little push to get everything moving in the same direction.

-Basketball game should be on live corded TV. Really ridiculous that it's not. We had like scrimmages and practices televised with national level announcers on ESPN but a game is streaming only? GTFO.

-Box Jelly fish... what a terrifying little species. F*ck that mess.

-Getting out for dinner with the peeps was fun as hell. Just a little breathe of normalcy after 4-5 months.

-Pretty sad tailgate season is over.

-What was the 80's movie where the kid lost all of his hair and tried using this crazy concoction to grow it back? Need some of that for G. Dude, looks too much like PTI and BBdk right now.

Losing Boom obviously hurts, but I liked how Horton ran the ball. Doesnt have the same burst but he held his own running the ball inside.

The airport is called Dallas-Fort Worth, so yeah, close enough. Shit, you claimed to live in NYC, when you were really in a whole nother state most of the time.
Only a mile away if that. We are talking 25-30 miles here. That is like saying KY State is in Lexington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT