ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Coolcat nailed it. Been saying similar things. That crew over there just has that old rich fat arrogance that they can just bully their way through anything. Not national stories folks. ESPN doesn't even know your name much less care who you are. You're a spec on the underside of their show but if you get them 15 minutes of ratings you're toast.

-I don't want Pitino gone yet. He can't get off that easy.

swaggycal2_zpsf21d27c6.gif

They're not getting death penalty. Nor should they. Unless the money was arranged by Jurich and Ramsey that shouldn't ever happen.

NOW, I think you are going to see a couple years post season ban, major scholarship reductions, heavy sanctions against Pitino and probably vacated wins. I mean, 2013 is right in the middle of this. The NCAA is going to have a hard ass time not pulling that banner. If they don't pull it they will never pull another.

Best thing long term for UL would be to dump Pitino now or pretty soon. So I'm #allin #teamkeepPitino #hedidnotknow

They had to know this was coming. That's why they distanced themselves from Pitino and have refused to speak. I just wonder if they stick with him to weather the shit storm or start clean.

check what the NCAA did to Penn St for a model. and that was just for general disgust at the possibility they allowed child molestation to have occured by an ex employee on their property.

whores for high school kids & their daddies should be given the same type of treatment even if actual NCAA violations are not discovered

The NCAA won't pull the 2013 banner; they don't have the balls. Would they just have a blank for a 2013 champion, or would they give it to Michigan? Too messy.

I don't think Pitino will survive this, but I want more than that. I want scorched earth. I want Tomma to take all kinds of heat. If we can't have the banner, then I want everything else.

Reactions: _nelson3
wow, props to Retarded 80 Proof. ESPN reporter on KSR just said Goodman found 4 of the 5 former UL players/recruits to confirm the whores.

Didn't say they could the death penalty for this. Only if the YUM Center stuff came to light in the course of an investigation. Institution level fraud would more than likely rise to the level of death penalty sanctions.

Do think PSU level penalties are on the table, though. And the 2013 banner isn't out of the question IMO. Just put an asterisk in the record book; no need to name anyone else the champion, just have a vacated title for that year

You all keep saying that but they pulled the damn wins from Paterno that caused him to lose the title of most wins of all time. I don't think it's off the table at all.

I do think UL will do everything short of death penalty to save it though.

Also got to start factoring the the "business casual" UL faction the donors who do it for the social aspect that everyone knows. They are not invested in the athletic side emotionally that money in in jeopardy as well. What a story.

Paterno got those wins back, didn't he?
I think so, but because Penn St literally burned the entire department down and started over. Including removing statues, AD, board members. Also, that didn't involve direct NCAA violations.

I think UL is still trying to figure out how to get out of it when they need to be focused on how harsh to self impose and try to get out in front.

No way they play post season this year. If they do it's ignorant. They're going to suck anyway.

PSU is a bad conparison seeing as the NCAA did a "oops, our bad" retraction a few years later.

Focus is going to be on the coaches' involvement, on campus acts, and money trail. The whores probably act as an aggravator.

That wire transfer after McGee left is so problematic. It blows the whole "rogue assistant" defense up. Hell, Louisville can't even say they found out he was doing questionable things and that's why they fired him. That piece implicates someone else. That's their Emory envelope.

It doesn't matter if Pitino stays or goes. This will gut them for the next 4-5 seasons and he will never be able to recruit at a high level again. If he stays, he will have been neutralized.

Reactions: wildcatadam6
ON THE DAY MARTY MCFLY CAME TO THE FUTUURE-TO SAVE HIS SON FROM CERTAIN JAIL TIME-FOR DEFACING THE 2 PINES MALL-WE ARE FOCUSED ON SOME BOYS HAVING CASUAL SEX WITH PROSTITUES. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO TELL YOU GUYS-PRIORITIES ARE BACKWARDS IN 2015. DOC BROWN DIDNT SEE THIS COMING. BACK TO THE FUTURE II TOOK PLACE 14 YEARS AFTER 9-11

By the way - a photoshop of the back to the future 2 USA Today newspaper with Marty mcfly's kid on it and a headline about this would be unreal

It wasn't Twin Pines Mall in the second movie, it was Lone Pine Mall. Marty destroyed one of the pines when he arrived in 1955 during the first movie. It wasn't even Twin Pines Mall at the end of the first movie, the name had already changed.

Reactions: Mashburned
From an article a couple years ago about the NCAA's new stance in rogue coaches.

As for head coaches, Ray said, if they cannot provide evidence (such as policies, training and written materials for assistant coaches) to show they took the sort of responsibility the NCAA is looking for in terms of ensuring rules aren't violated, they will be held "just as culpable" as the assistant coaches who are more often punished by the infractions committee.
Previously, head coaches had to be proven to know about the violations or the NCAA had to establish a presumption of knowledge.
"What we settled on was not the presumption that the coach knows everything," Ray said. "But head coaches have to have these things in place or the presumption will be that they didn’t care enough to set standards and take responsibility for their programs. If there is no guidance and an assistant goes rogue, then it’s partly the head coach’s fault and he/she should be held accountable."

It wasn't Twin Pines Mall in the second movie, it was Lone Pine Mall. Marty destroyed one of the pines when he arrived in 1955 during the first movie. It wasn't even Twin Pines Mall at the end of the first movie, the name had already changed.
Good catch, thanks

PSU was hit with 4 year postseason ban. Got 2 of them back after firing everyone and anyone in their athletic department/football program.

I'd be fine with that treatment for UL

Please keep in mind that Rick was the victim in the sypher case. Banging a cougar in a public restaurant and jizzing all over your own leg and admitting that in court is NOT an NCAA issue and should not be considered in all this

He can say what he wants, but TOMMA has to be shifting his focus to "how do we keep that banner from coming down". The most obvious answer is to throw HOFCRP, kicking and screaming, on the sword.

Reactions: MaxPowerrr
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT