ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watch High School football?

Have been a Trinity fan and season ticket holder for many, many years. Obviously have seen plenty good players on teams over the years and a ton of very good Trinity teams. 28 titles in Ky’s largest class. Always well coached and determined. Play the toughest schedule year in and out in Ky.

Just last night they played Cincy St X with Kirk Herbstreit in attendance to watch his qb son and UK OT commit 6 5 290 Eric Kattus.

Really enjoy HS football and admire all the kids at every school. NIL has pushed me even further toward all high school sports.
I’m not sure people realize there is NIL in KY hs sports.

Reactions: KYExtemper
Agree. And the Purples keep on rolling after losing Kevin Wallace to St. X. On the bad side, South Warren when opened put a big hit on Greenwood's sports programs. They took the county students and really hurt the talent pool.
South Warren hurt Warren Central more so than Greenwood in football. The other programs did put a hurt on Greenwood though.

Bowling Green over the years always seemed to end up with 1 or 2 high quality football players that should have been at Greenwood.

Ashland looks good from this area. Boyd County is mid. I thought Greenup County might be decent but they got smashed by Ashland.
Other than Harvest Prep out of Columbus Ohio, Ashland has been crushing everyone they’ve played. In their six wins they’ve out scored their opponents 274-52. They haven’t played any top 20 teams, but they’re taking care of the job before them.

Reactions: paulcalhoun
South Warren hurt Warren Central more so than Greenwood in football. The other programs did put a hurt on Greenwood though.

Bowling Green over the years always seemed to end up with 1 or 2 high quality football players that should have been at Greenwood.
No, South Warren took the county kids that live in the country who played for Greenwood before SW opened. Warren Central is a city school (not in the way BGHS is, but located more in the city), Greenwood and SW are more rural than WC. Most of the students who attend WC come from North / Central BG. South Warren had no bearing on taking any of their player pool. I had two sons who graduated from Greenwood, one played football. When SW opened, the # of football players dropped, not to mention the quality. I witnessed the drop in players with my own eyes, it had a BIG effect on Greenwoods program. Just look at the players who plays / played for SW, they would not have attended Warren Central.
Kids from South of Scottsville road, Alvaton, Woodburn, Plano, and Rockport, those parts of the county are the players I am talking about.

Last edited:
My son is a sophomore and he gets NIL........................from me
I hear you.

The twins that are at UK now that came back from playing at a northeast boarding school got truck leases in Corbin to play there. I know Lexington Christian has an ‘nil group’. I’m sure private schools are putting it together to help offset costs of tuition

Corbin always good - Bell Co tough again

Surprised that the Lexington schools mostly look down this year

Work with a guy who's son QB's for Layfayette

Pikeville down as well

I'm from Middlesboro so I mostly know that region and my new home in Lexington - my yellow jackets are 2-3 and not nearly as potent as the last few years

Clark Co making a comeback to being a tough team I think

Lexington Christian is the beat Lex area team?

I love learning about different schools in different regions of KY!

Probably going to the Middlesboro / Harlan game next week at Lee Majors Field

PS - Henry Clay and Tates Creek both seem to suck badly now - is that because Fred-Douglas takes their players?
Some is Douglass some is just the general running of public schools in Fayette is not great for athletics or otherwise. Coaches don’t want to fool with the headaches, they don’t get much school community support etc for their sport and it’s a lot of the sillier red tape stuff they go through. There was a time several Lexington area schools were considered to be good schools but the only one ranked above average by KY education board now is Lafayette. Nowhere near the degree of a Danville’s issues but they’ve gotten bogged down by the administrations being more concerned with trivial stuff and semantics. LCA, Sayre have benefitted marginally as well from dissatisfaction of public schools. Catholic, for whatever reasons, has not. But I would argue the coaching at Douglass is not great. They’ve had a ton of talent there and seem to often underperform it. But they have the newer facilities and the educational programs that is most conducive to kids being accepted to attend there even living out of district

Reactions: know1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT