ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louisville needs a Mr. Fix-It -- and it needs somebody other than Rick Pitino to clean up this embarrassing mess. A new direction. A new face.

A new coach whose voice does not stir the thoughts of a sex scandal whenever you hear it.

No way Pitino survives this tawdry scandal of strippers, prostitutes, recruits, U of L players and sex that has swallowed its program for the last 18 days.

No way that Pitino should survive this, an inevitability that I believe even U of L president Dr. James Ramsey realized more than a week ago when his first statement featured support for athletic director Tom Jurich but not Pitino. - Rick Bozich

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Crawford coming up on ESPN.

I'd say they're pissed because after all these years of loyalty they're getting nothing in return and the national people are making them look like hacks.

I mean the UL logo has been the backdrop of ESPN the entire day. L[laughing]L.

Bozich probably got his marching orders from Tom. Pitino is done. It's all about limiting this to basketball now and keeping everything else out of the NCAA's line of fire.

Ua2FokA.gif

The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that Tomma will hold onto Pitino, if for no other reason than so many are saying he shouldn't. You don't tell TJ what he should and should not do. Plus, I think he permanently hitched his wagon to Pitino with the Sypher scandal. His "if he goes I go" ultimatum to Ramsey may be tying his hands in this matter. He needs to save face, and canning the coach he went to the mat for isn't the way. No, I think they're all in on the rogue employee thing giving them enough cover to justify keeping Pitino. That's why Pitino is so adamant about not stepping down - he's going to make Tomma do something Tomma's ego won't allow him to do.

Last edited:
790 WKRD - Vanetti (friends with Jones, hated by Jurich, voice of reason)
680 ESPN - Anderson - Don't ever listen
93.9 - Captain Suntan and Fatass - For your heavy UL dick sucking

The ONE group that picked Bennett over Cal for National Coach of the Year. :flush:

presidents.jpg

Pat Forde of Yahoo! Sports was elected president of the U. S. Basketball Writers Association at the USBWA's annual business meeting during this year's NCAA Men's Final Four in Indianapolis.

Forde succeeds Dana O'Neil, ESPN.com, as president of the USBWA.

Elected to the board for three-year terms were Matt Norlander, CBSSports.com, as District I representative for Maine, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Connecticut, and Seth Davis, Sports Illustrated/CBS, and Jeff Goodman, ESPN, as at-large representatives.

If they're smart, he's toast...move on as quickly as possible.

If he's still there, it's still in the news, on parents minds, etc.....no brainer.

Even my most delusional Cards fan friend who had the FanBoy mentality this whole time now says "he has to go, now".

SAE is right. They are gonna have plenty of cause to fire him. It's just a matter of getting their ducks in a row. They'll quietly pressure him into retiring, IMO. He really needs to do himself a favor and STFU right now, though. He is doing nothing to help himself and I'd guaran-damn-tee the athletic department wishes he'd do the same.

Reactions: anthonys735
I think he's gone before the season but I doubt it's today. Like SAE said they're doing there due diligence. They already have a pretty good idea of whats going on. Nothing that came out today is any real news to them I'm sure. Other than looking real bad publicly. But yeah, as for UL and fans getting out in front and firing him, putting an interim in and self imposing sanctions is absolutely the move. Don't really see they have a choice.

I'm sure Jurich and Ramsey are in "save my own ass" mode right now. McGee isn't going to be the fall guy. Pitino is. We saw that in the only thing the President has said.

@UnfrozenCatfanLawyer ESPN said they reached out to the athletic department yesterday for quotes in their story and they declined comment citing respecting the process of the NCAA investigations. Definitely sounds like Rick decided to go into business for himself today and hit up a few of his buddies to get out what he wanted out.

I think you all are thinking too logically about this, not to say you're wrong. But otoh I don't see HOFCRP resigning and ending his career on the eve of the season. If we were still in the summer, yes. But he's going to have to be fired/suspended to NOT coach this year imo. And it'll be a miserable year for the school if he's being trotted out there on national TV with this story hanging over every broadcast, presser, etc.

@UnfrozenCatfanLawyer ESPN said they reached out to the athletic department yesterday for quotes in their story and they declined comment citing respecting the process of the NCAA investigations. Definitely sounds like Rick decided to go into business for himself today and hit up a few of his buddies to get out what he wanted out.
He did this same shit when UL was trying to join the Big 12. He publicly took the complete opposite position of the athletic department. This might be a case of Jurich letting him hang himself with his own rope, b/c he's just making himself look worse.

Reactions: CoolCat45
So will Pitino skip ACC Media Day next Wednesday or not? What kind of fine would he be looking at for no-showing or sending some flunky assistant?

I think you guys are underestimating Jurich's hubris, but it does seem like Rick is acting outside the blessing of the athletic department. Almost like his job depends on McGee coming out and saying "Rick didn't know." Maybe it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT