ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Be interesting to see if Carolina can go after someone that's not heading towards retirement looking for the Augusta National membership. Granted that worked out pretty well for them. Took them to a place they've never been.
Tommy Tuberville fits the profile of their last 2 hires quite well
Nebraska is secretly one of those BIG JOBS that isn't a big job anymore. In the middle of nowhere, no recruiting base, everyone has caught up (or surpassed) their strength program, etc.

See: University of Miami (Florida)

-Miami's issue is the University doesn't gives a shit about being good at football. If they do they don't show it.

-As with anywhere it takes the right coach but Nebraska being so far from a recruiting hotbed can't help. I just wonder if moving to the Big 10 and shifting the recruiting territory from the SW was a good call. Those 90's teams were just nasty though.

-Tubbervilles daughter, tho. Shew.

-Tom does have a forehead but Ramsey should find something else as his forehead hasn't moved in years. You can see the botox dripping out.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
-Miami's issue is the University doesn't gives a shit about being good at football. If they do they don't show it.

I'd say it has more to do with being embarrassed every time it becomes good at football more than doesn't give a shit.

I'd say it has more to do with being embarrassed every time it becomes good at football more than doesn't give a shit.
Yeah. All the same. They're more concerned with being a prestigious university than a football school, I guess because they don't like the image Miami Football portrayed. It's embarrassing how bad the facilities are at a school with that history. Lot's of schools manage to balance being a great school with great sports.

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" is the perfect 3rd-down defense song. In related news,"Big Balls" would be the perfect "going for it on 4th down" music, if anyone at UK is reading this.

Reactions: BigBlueBrock
-In general it's discouraged from scalping season tickets but it's no different than any other season tickets.

-I love the "Go Big Blue" chants on our OFFENSIVE 3rd down plays. Great stuff.

-I heard one school this season(seems like it was Northwestern) playing the piano intro from "Serial" when an opponent was facing a 3rd-down.

-Keeping the BB practice in the DVR bullpen for post-Madness viewing on Friday night. Or for late Thursday viewing in the event that Auburn drills us on national TV.

-Yummy Pollo lived up to Anth's hype. Sides need some work, but the chicken and sauces were :fire:

-Wendell Berry is such a slow read. "Ready Player One" on the other hand, I'm loving it. Can't wait to see what Spielberg does with it.

-I would just as soon Justin Fuente NOT take a job in the SEC, so I hope he's not in the mix at South Carolina.

South Carolina is going to get a good up and coming coach. Tough to see them not being good in the future. One guy I hope they don't look at and hope he is still available if Stoops ever leaves - Dino Babers.

South Carolina is going to get a good up and coming coach. Tough to see them not being good in the future. One guy I hope they don't look at and hope he is still available if Stoops ever leaves - Dino Babers.
Why even speculate on who the new coach will be... hell Spurrier leaving is such a non-story, i'd be shocked if ol' Dino Babers even knows there is an opening in Columbia.

the "young up and coming coach" shtick is always pretty amusing. i much prefer "a guy who's a really good coach." but that's just me.

Reactions: anthonys735
From Mike Marra's LinkedIn Profile:

"I am pursuing a long term career in wealth management to fulfill my desire of helping people and build relationships that last a lifetime.

Day to day I help people answer two of the hardest questions in life, "Will I make it?" And "Do I have any financial blind spots?"

As a wealth advisor on the Lamkin Wealth Management team, I take pride in answering more than just financial questions for my clients.

I was a contributing player/coach of for the University of Louisville 2013 National Championship basketball team, and a student assistant to Rick Pitino. Performing under pressure, motivating others, planning/executing strategies, and effectively communicating are a few of the traits that I have inherited from my four years with coach Pitino.

My sports experience and education in sports administration has given me a great background in personally competing and managing competition

There is no arena where the competition for expertise and great coaching is more valuable than helping people with some of the most important decisions they will ever make."

Soooo, yeah, Mike, you were neither a coach nor a contributing player on the 2013 Louisville basketball team. People typically don't like to hire financial advisors that lie, so might want to erase that fib. But learning from Pitino, of course he's going to lie about his resume/history - that's another trait he inherited. Surprised he doesn't have "Greatest 3pt shooter ever" on his profile.

Reactions: WettCat
There is nothing that infuriates me more during a game than beach balls. I caught one during the Florida game and threw it down the ramp. Got a few winks and guns from Billy Joe Wildcats in the stands.
That was infuriating, but the product on the field most years was pretty infuriating as well.

the "young up and coming coach" shtick is always pretty amusing. i much prefer "a guy who's a really good coach." but that's just me.
Same thing really. Justin Fuente is considered a young up and comer but also a really good coach. Same goes for Tom Herman, Dino Babers, PJ Fleck, etc.

Walked next door for an unhealthy emergency snack/lunch, and skipped the Lean Pocket in favor of a little pack of bagel bites.

Not nearly as good as I remember from my younger years, pretty shitty actually.

Is there a UK/KFund rule against scalping Club/Loge/Suite tix? Haven't seen any for sale all year on Stubhub.

They'd really prefer those people not able to drop the full $10,000+ on season football tickets to sit on the metal bleachers and stay out of the premium areas.

There's soda and peanuts in case you get hungry.

BBdK, do you eat at Zaxby's often? I was just checking out google maps to see what's out there these days. I was at that Cracker Barrel 2 years ago having lunch after planning my granny's funeral. :cry:

Do you go visit the animals at the Kentucky Humane Society Adoption place at Feeders Supply?

Where did you get the bagel bites?

no approaching 55 is old in coaching years dunder head, a young up & comm-er is in his 40's

being in the end zone of Commonwealth getting our ish pushed in & the only way to fight back is to steal the opponents extra point football and throw it around amongst ourselves. until a big ol Billy Joe Wildcat with enough arm talent ([eyeroll]) could sling it completely out.

The worst are the people who "follow all the rules" and throw it back to the opposing team.

I ate there once when it opened a few years ago, and once maybe 2 months ago just to confirm -- it's awful. Absolutely terrible.

-My office shares a wall with a 'Priceless' Grocery Store (IGA type place), pretty handy.

-I visit the animals when they walk them daily on the sidewalk, but don't walk back there to their cages when I'm in the store...too sad.

Bagel bites just dont have any chance unless you put them in the oven... then youre really waiting 20+ minutes for a snack that really isnt all that great. So unless your wife throws them in as a surprise snack while youre kicked back watching sports (which is one of the best *little things* a wife can do), bagel bites are something you need to avoid altogether.

dino babers has been coaching since 1984. his bowling green team is currently 4-2. oh, and, per wiki, his four kids are named:

tasha
jazzmin
breeahnah
paris

yeah, gonna pass on this ninja.

Made the same mistake recently with a Hot Pocket. Used to be a staple of my diet circa 2005, but come to find out they are goddam terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT