ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
images

Going out at halftime for chicken wings and sprite when I was a kid was awesome. Get in a quick pickup game before going back in to watch shitty Bill Curry football. Was pretty much back in the parking lot by the start of 4th qtr more times than not.

RE: BEACH BALL. My neighbor would kill a 1,000 kittens to end this "fad" at Commonwealth. In fact I sat next to him one game and when a beach ball came to him he pulled out his pocket knife and slaughtered it with RAGE while telling all the booers to GO TO THE F&*KING BEACH!!!

I thought it was hilarious while my wife was quite frightened.

It sounds a lot like me.

I drunkenly destroyed a beach ball once, with my teeth. Also stole and threw away a Georgia fan's flag that was about 20 rows in front of us. That one almost got me in some trouble with security.

To UK's credit. Atmosphere has come a long way the past 2 years. Legit this season. Stoked for what it will be on Thursday.

DEAR MITCH BRING BACK THE HALL PASS AND WE WILL FORGET THE JANKY WOODEN SIGN, SINCERELY #BBN #HALLPASS #JANKYWOODENSIGN #STACKSONSTACKSONSTACKSOFWARMPAPAJOHNSPIZZA #RANOUTOFICE #MADMUSHROOMCHEESESTICKSTHEOFFICIALLITTLEPLASTICTABLEOFCWS #SHOWTHEUKGAMEATTHEUKGAME

Wholeheartedly agree big time

If you're a UK fan and you're salty about ANYTHING Spurrier has said over the years, YOU'RE the problem. Everything he ever said was accurate. And Rich Brooks said a lot of the same things, a little nicer though, in his early press conferences while at UK.

My favorite 'old CWS' stadium childhood memory was running around under the endzone bleachers, picking up those plastic tumblers. You had to watch your ass though, because you stood a really good chance of getting brained by an empty whiskey bottle (or catching some shrapnel from one as it smashed) I used to leave with thirty of those cups a game. Bet my Dad still has a couple hundred at his house.

If you're a UK fan and you're salty about ANYTHING Spurrier has said over the years, YOU'RE the problem. Everything he ever said was accurate. And Rich Brooks said a lot of the same things, a little nicer though, in his early press conferences while at UK.

Never bothered me for the same reason Joakim Noah never really bothered me.

What's your parking pass going for Brooksie? Imagine with the weekday nightmare, this one will be one of the most valuable in years.

-I HATED Spurrier in the middle Florida years, but he grew on me over time...and basically love him today.

-Paul Finebaum is so enjoyable to watch talk. Pretty unique talent, imo. He couldn't be any more 'boring', ugly, etc...but he just has 'it', and it's hard to pinpoint why.

Yup...like I said, just a very unique personality/talent. He doesn't even get flustered with the idiot/insane callers, it's pretty remarkable.

Cracks me up when he sits there as stoic as ever while he has someone screaming at him, disagrees politely with subtle jabs, then thanks them for the call.

Running under the metal CWS bleachers is indeed a fond memory. Also dad gives me $10. Go to the concession stand and get nachos and a Coke. Pocket the rest and play dumb about the money. Clean up at school the next week with extra snacks food etc.

Running under the metal CWS bleachers is indeed a fond memory. Also dad gives me $10. Go to the concession stand and get nachos and a Coke. Pocket the rest and play dumb about the money. Clean up at school the next week with extra snacks food etc.
Had this conversation with my dad a few months ago on the golf course... he said between my sister and I, the "unreturned change" money we held on to had to be in the $1,000's. I scoffed, but yeah a few bucks a week with multiple kids, over say 10 years... he was probably right.

2 bits, 4 bits, HEY...

-Not many better nostalgic moments than going home and drinking out of a 1987 or whatever faded UK Football or Basketball Game Cup.

Mom, Grandparents, etc have thrown away most of them, but I always made sure they at least kept a few -- and they're still in the cabinets today.

Last edited:
Alice Cooper released a bunch of huge beach balls during his show at Rupp, then proceeded to pop them with a samurai sword on stage. TS

- The girlfriend and I broke up last week...she's a die hard Auburn fan and we were heading up this week for the game, Keeneland, etc. Worked out perfect since I have fall break this week. Bullshit.

- Cubs baseball tho.

- I'm not a big Spurrier guy, it has nothing to do with his jabs at UK.

- UNC is as happy about this Louisville mess as anyone. "Yeah, we had some bullshit classes...but we didn't provide hookers."

The Carolina Way, ladies and gentleman.

-Playoff baseball is awesome, but the TBS coverage is just terrible. Ron Darling is almost enough to just watch something else and follow on my phone.

-Keith Morrison or Josh Mankiewicz?

-The newest Hensworth on my newsfeed is a dude, and he is absolutely relentless. I'd hide him, but it's just entertaining enough to keep his posts around.

-Probably the only pastor who worked a dig at UL into his sermon this past Sunday.

Decided it's probably best to leave my great memories of those things alone. I assume that orange-cheesy-ketchup sauce probably doesn't work anymore, but could be wrong.
indeed awful. I actually convinced myself they changed the recipe sometime between 1991 and 2015.

Putrid

touch Superior, he was an acehole and is still an acehole. glad UK contributed mightily to chasing him out. all the kind well wishes from coaches like Stoops are displaying more class than Superior ever did for anyone else in this sport.

Reactions: jayroon
That f*** kind of question is that? Morrison. All day.

A year ago I would have agreed. But it feels like Morrison has gotten a bit less Morrison-y this season, scaled back a bit, whereas Mankiewicz still slouches and nearly falls asleep during his interview shots, like he's above all this stuff.

A closer call than you might think.

Drunk Josh is getting close to Keith, imo. A few years ago I hated him...but he's found his groove, he feels like 'Dateline' at this point. Morrison is and will always be GOAT tho.

48 hours has too many repeats of Dateline stories, not enough content, and marginal hosts.

Dateline ftw. Plus you get Lester for a few seconds against that weird concrete wall/stairwell in the corner.

20/20 is pretty bad. Those 'what would you do' things make me uncomfortable for some reason, and that's like 80% of their shows these days.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT