ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Football is the ultimate team sport and places an emphasis on the value of toughness.[/QUOTE]

Obvious you haven't eaten your share of dirt on any field with this statement.

And please define "value of toughness".....are you referring to mental or just physical? And is the value lessened if you aren't starting? What is the ratio of said value to football toughness versus basketball?

You are correct, Bucket.

He was pretty much the exception. Our daily practices were in Berrytown and most of the kids in that neighborhood played on the team.

Yeah, the long term effects of playing football are basically nil being a back up and quitting sophomore year (the route most middle class white kids take)

So football is the only sport you learn comradery, life lessons or enjoy a brat and suicide after a game. Damn... maybe I will let him play after all. Guess I missed out on that in the sports I played.

Last edited:
Reactions: B.B.d.K.
See what you're saying, WayneDougan, but it's not the time to push back or shift blame.

It seriously is mind boggling that the total mentality down there is to discredit this lady and fight back against any criticism instead of taking a good long look in the mirror and maybe accepting that there is a culture program at that school.

There's zero checks and balances at that place and they're used to doing whatever they want without anyone questioning anything.

I understand having a tough time to get pumped for basketball. The football team is 4-1 and in position to have a pretty good year. And the big goof constantly bringing up that Wisconsin game has probably done more harm than good. But then there's this:

Preseason #1 Maryland.

And then there's also this:

tyler_ulis6.jpg

Point being, I'm ready. Win it all.

If Ulis is here 3 or 4 years, there's a decent chance he ends up as my favorite point guard of all time.

Just a heads up for you guys wondering about that.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
Tyler Ulis and Chuck Matthews: two Chicago kids playing high IQ, high skill, shit talking basketball. [smoke]

How many "dribble drive" references do we get? At least three?

He may drop that one. I think we'll definitely get "positionless basketball". He'll hype Poythress being what the NBA is looking for now being a smaller PF. He'll talk about how the game is getting smaller, which is hilarious since we were the biggest team in the country last year and dominated college basketball.

Reactions: bradyjames
I think the "war on women" tone of the SI article was a little harsh. At the least, UofL runs the most immoral athletic department in the country, but to say this proves that women can't feel safe on campus is a little absurd.

Agree on that. Pretty hamhanded article.

Really? 6 known sexual incidents over there in the past 5 years. Including 4 that are coaches. 2 that were violent. Only a struggling head case PG with infinity 2nd chances was dealt with. Allowing that opens you up to that criticism regardless of its hyperbolic or not.

I don't think it's unfair at all. Especially is that lady is willing to go on record with her opinion. If you're going to continue to allow these things to go on without taking a stance that is by definition creating a culture. That's what they're doing. The fact UL fans and you two dolts can't understand they're not saying is unsafe for a student to walk down the street.

I mean right now they're all justifying a coach bringing prostitutes into the dorms for players and recruits. They're also trying to justify keeping Pitino. That is saying is ok to do these things. That's a culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT