ADVERTISEMENT

CFP question about Navy and Army

bthaunert

All-American
Apr 4, 2007
Army and Navy don’t play until December 14. If (and I know it’s a big if) one of those teams comes out of their game undefeated and is the highest ranked non power 5 champion, I wonder how they will do it? The CFP selection show is on December 8.

If Boise State is the highest ranked non P4 school on December 8, but Navy or Army is only a spot or 2 behind, would they do another week of rankings to figure out who that spot goes to? Could be interesting.

I would assume they would allow for a change if needed.

Those 2 teams are in the same conference now so they could play each other n championship game week before and then play again on 12/14 lol.

Games played after Dec 8 are not considered by the CFP committee. They count for official NCAA record keeping, but in the eyes of the CFP they're effectively exhibitions.

Games played after Dec 8 are not considered by the CFP committee. They count for official NCAA record keeping, but in the eyes of the CFP they're effectively exhibitions.
Thanks for that info. I imagine with the expansion of the playoff, that game will move up a week in future years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT