ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem like a Gillespie Masquerade Ball type imo.

Ha! I thought that was some reference to Billy Clyde, and I was like, "Ya know, given his reputation at UK, that probably would be a good time if it weren't for his recent health issues."

Instead, I google image it and the first one is this... BBdK, are you 3 or 4 in this pic?

TwistedPinkMasqueradeBall22BW-M.jpg

I married a NYE Honk. I mean she better be in sequins and sipping champagne at the balldrop.

A major complaint of mine and would absolutely cite in a divorce proceeding if we ever found ourselves there.

Reactions: wcc31
I married a NYE Honk. I mean she better be in sequins and sipping champagne at the balldrop.

A major complaint of mine and would absolutely cite in a divorce proceeding if we ever found ourselves there.
Puppies scent.

House party with two other couples, kids in basement, steaks and bourbon upstairs for dads, profit. Nice lil NYE.

No offense, and I'm not judging anyone, but "too cool for NYE" guy is very closely related to "fat and unattractive so I'm going to be obnoxiously loud to get attention" girl. Each seem to be trying a tad too hard to show everyone how cute they are.

Friendly advice, if NYE is that big of a hassle, keep your ass at the house. Like me!

Happy New Year!

Massive 40th bday celebration for me today... wife bought a piece of clearance, almost expiring, 99 cent cake from Kroger and we split it. #onlythebest

In all honesty, I have my health, family and friends so 40 still feels pretty good. I'll take it.

Last edited:
Feel like NYE is the one party day, outside of Derby, that I can routinely count on to be fun. Way more good than bad times over the years with a few really high points. If you find yourself in the middle of amateur hour, that's on you.

Gotta work the next day so I'll be dialing it back a bit this year.

So, I get this random call today from some company (which after some research seems legit) telling me that my paternal grandmother, who is long dead, owned some property in FLA that has both property & mineral rights. Apparently I now own a percentage of said land.

Best case scenario I'm sitting on a gold mine of gas/oil reserves.....worst case it's just a bunch of worthless land somewhere in FLA. Either way I'm cool with it.

So, I get this random call today from some company (which after some research seems legit) telling me that my paternal grandmother, who is long dead, owned some property in FLA that has both property & mineral rights. Apparently I now own a percentage of said land.

Best case scenario I'm sitting on a gold mine of gas/oil reserves.....worst case it's just a bunch of worthless land somewhere in FLA. Either way I'm cool with it.

And they need you to send them some money to release/access it.

I mean, wouldn't one of your parents own the property of your long dead paternal grandmother?

-Our step-grandma and I believe WS family as well both owned some obscure worthless properties in the middle of nowhere. It's most likely a scam but you should probably check with PVA. I guess selling worthless rural land was a thing back in the day.

-Can we rehash how stupid the UK-UL basketball game being played at 1p on a f*cking Friday is? I have no idea who is responsible but WTF? I'll wait for the next UNC-Duke game that is scheduled for news dump hour. Ridiculous.

2q2o1av.png
:cool2:

No offense, and I'm not judging anyone, but "too cool for NYE" guy is very closely related to "fat and unattractive so I'm going to be obnoxiously loud to get attention" girl. Each seem to be trying a tad too hard to show everyone how cute they are.

Friendly advice, if NYE is that big of a hassle, keep your ass at the house. Like me!
Im fairly certain that’s exactly what those of us that said that are doing.

There’s a 97% chance that’s a complete scam.

And yet, here you are. Bragging away in front of god and everyone. You are truly THAT stupid. Shew wee.

I wasnt bragging about anything, just asked a question. How about you do yourself a favor and put me on ignore.

* Don't get the NYE hate. It's sanctioned drinking, for crying out loud. Stop complaining and enjoy the respite from the drudgery that is 90% of being a grownup.

* Any guesses on the UK-UofL line? Cats -6.5 seems reasonable.

* I love the kid, but I can't say I'm all that bummed about the end of the Stephen Johnson era. A QB with a relatively low ceiling can only take you so far.

* Odds on what will happen tomorrow:
  • W bball, L fball: 50%
  • L bball, W fball: 10%
  • W both: 20%
  • L both: 20%

I'll be sitting Courtside for the 22-13 Minnesota Timberwolves game against the Indiana Pacers on NYE. The yearly tradition. Then a buddy got the Presidential Suite at the downtown Indy Hilton and is hosting a party there. So this won't be the worst NYE ever. But yea, eff NYE every other year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT