ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was being exactly the right amount of cynical regarding Vanderbilt, tbh.

Man you're missing out the HOB insider info with this kid.

Well he may play this year but it wouldn't surprise me if sat out entirely and declared. It's pretty intriguing. Cal kinda called him out a while ago but it's up to Vanderbilt if he plays this season. The Cats clearly need him but Cal has made it quite clear he won't risk him just to win a few more games
. With Diallo and Knox most likely declaring and possibly Richards too (depends on his last game) l this makes Zion Williamson a bigger priority than originally thought, per the people close to the program.

^ this is why I pay the big bucks for the membership.

-xmas giftdown:

-we draw names for xmas gift exchange with the post college members of the fam. Scored a bialetti 6 cup. Just what I asked for. Thanks for the rec HK.

-my daughters wrote a two page "book" : A Teenage Girls guide to the Spanish Civil War.(I geekout/read/know way too much about the subject). Twas a savage piece of work ridiculing their dad. I'm doing a good job, imo.

-bath sheets and 23& me from the wife. I *really* hope im not Dutch. That would suck.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
I once suggested to both my family and my wife's that we not get each other presents but instead, adopt a few families and spend our money on them, since we're all pretty fortunate and don't really need any of the crap we'd buy each other.

That went over like a turd in the punch bowl..

I rake on Christmas. Envelopes, ftw.

When people stop giving me presents & money for Christmas will be exactly the point at which I stop spending those two days driving, driving, driving, and driving & actually enjoy the holiday.

We made $118 per hour this year, so it's still worth it for now.

-I don't have a good feeling about Friday, but the good news is that I don't have a bad one either -- I honestly don't give much of a shit other than I prefer that we win. I plan to enjoy leaving work at noon either way.

-Hope everyone has an incredible New Year.

Reactions: wcc31 and B Rax
I rake on Christmas. Envelopes, ftw.

When people stop giving me presents & money for Christmas will be exactly the point at which I stop spending those two days driving, driving, driving, and driving & actually enjoy the holiday.

We made $118 per hour this year, so it's still worth it for now..

Christmas spirit, y'all.

-we've been doing this for a decade. This was the first year we wrote suggestions on our slips for the drawing. Brilliant.

- the reality is no adult *needs* someone to buy them a gift. Also, in my case, I'm very particular about everything I buy/own/wear/consume. I research nearly every purchase above 20 bucks. I'm impossible to buy for.

Meh, Christmas is like a tax. The more you make the higher the rate people expect you to pay.

Kind of like giving my parents a little return on their investment, though. Circle of life. I’m sure it’s great when you have kids.

Also team gift cards and alcohol, hard to go wrong.

Teams with a plethora of good shooting are going to give us fits due to abysmal defense.

Luckily, UL does not have a plethora of good shooting.

Most of my immediate family is successful and wealthy. I’m not giving them freaking gift cards, nor would I expect them in return.

That’s pointless and tacky.

Did your dad ask specifically for that cd from Walmart?

My wife and I usually don't get each other anything. This year we decided to buy ourselves something on Amazon, wrap it up and "give" it to each other for Xmas so the kids don't think (know) we hate each other. She surprised me with a really nice smathers and Branson wallet (for holding all my crazy money). I held up my end of the bargain and didn't get her a gotdamn thing besides what she had already ordered herself. I knew better, but whatever.

I give the Gift Cards (along w/ a card) I receive to clerks at Gas Stations while I'm driving around the country to visit different families for an hour apiece.

Been doing that for years, they always seem appreciative. Must be pretty depressing standing behind a counter on Christmas, but nothing a little Darden Restaurants $$$ can't fix.

Reactions: PTI (pti)
Xmas is for children and wives, was made complete obvious to me this year with my first xmas with my daughter and 8th with my wife. My daughter got 500 toys and our house looks like toys r us and I went all out for my wife with expensive jewelry like usual. I got a sweater and work shoes.

Did the white elephant gift exchange with the adults this year - 50 dollar limit. Made out with a liter of wood ford and a bottle of don Julio - solid tradition.

I absolutely don't give a shit about the team this year. My wife even commented on it during the UCLA game. I mean I was still pissed off and cussing on here after the loss, but it really only lasted an hour. I'll be all in by February hopefully, I like being super into UK ball, would make late January and February unbearable if not.

Doing our first NYE wedding this year, thought it was lame at first but more I think about actually good timing and should be fun.

Reactions: B.B.d.K.
You are Correct.

...but those come from her 'extended' family's Christmas. It's Darden or PF Changs pretty much every year. #regift

My family gives me Cash Money, they know the drill.

-Molitors would be a great White Elephant gift for a golfer. Was a part of 2 of those little parties this year, and both were an absolute blast. Big fan.

That was my position at first as it's my wife's cousin I don't really know very well - but the more I think about it getting dressed up and hammered past midnight with 100 people sounds pretty solid, especially as our New Years plans have been getting lamer and lamer as of late.

I mean, it depends on who’s NYE wedding it is...close friend and all your friends will be there, then yeah can be cool.

But it’s razor Edge thin who can pull it off. And that goes for pretty much any party holiday wedding.

-anniversary is Nov. 28. Had friends scattered about the US and a few overseas. We were 26,airbody was childless at that point...and had to come home for the holiday regardless. We actually *saved* our friends time and treasure by doing it on tgiving weekend. We are exemplary people.

I mean, if you’re gonna be selfish and take a holiday wedding, Nye would be the most palatable. Provided it’s a good party...

But FU New Year’s Day wedding planner. FU hard.

The point is not whether it’s fun or not, the point is that whoever plans a holiday wedding is dictating the way in which others choose to spend their holiday.

It’s narcissistic and, frankly, rude.
Pretty easy to tell the couple you have plans for the holiday and send them a gift.

Never really got the appeal of NYE besides when I was younger and it meant all your friends were going out together. But paying $50 to get in a bar that had no cover the night before is ridiculous.

The point is not whether it’s fun or not, the point is that whoever plans a holiday wedding is dictating the way in which others choose to spend their holiday.

It’s narcissistic and, frankly, rude.
Sounds completely out of character for a bride-to be, who are generally chill and reasonable about their weddings.

I blew off my family Christmas this year. My kids are in California with the anti-Christ of an ex-wife.

I don't really care for any of the rest of them. Truth be told, I'm not even sure I know all of my nieces and nephews names. My Mom has been dead for twenty years, I can't stomach my step-mother, and my sister and her kids are terrible beyond belief.

My wife went though. She thought it would be rude not to.

She brought presents from them to me back home, but I haven't even looked in the box.

Best Christmas ever (we do the wife's family Christmas on Xmas eve, and that is actually pretty fun)

Pretty impressed we waited until 12/27 before the "I'm too cool to go out for NYE / people who do are a bunch of amateurs. " posts. Love those. [eyeroll]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT