ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, do you really get to call yourself "Dad" if you have no kids for whom you're responsible? Or anyone you have control of, or superiority over?

I have no problem with untethered free spirits with no responsibility - but exactly how does that make you a "Dad"?

Maaaaybe people can be "Dad" to their fur babies, but that's a stretch. Guess rogue's bar-backs might call him "Dad".

This is not just directed at rogue. Long time pet peeve.

The Texas Southern basketball team is pretty fascinating. Caught KSR talking about it today.

https://deadspin.com/this-0-13-basketball-team-is-a-favorite-to-make-the-nca-1821600072

Overwhelming favorites to win the SWAC, but opened the season 0-13, all true road games, and most against big time basketball programs.

Texas Southern is coached by Mike Davis, who took Indiana to the 2002 title game. He believes in scheduling hard—very hard. This year his team opened the season with road games against Gonzaga, Ohio State, Syracuse, Washington State, Kansas, Clemson, Oakland, Toledo, Oregon, Baylor, Wyoming, TCU, and BYU. They lost them all. Many were blowouts.

According to college basketball stats whiz Ken Pomeroy, nine of those 13 games were against “A” teams—
basically, top-50 opponents. And although the final score was sometimes a blowout, the Tigers were often competitive. Pomeroy’s numbers give Texas Southern a 71 percent chance to win the league.

I kinda like it, tbh. They aren't getting an at-large bid regardless, so marcus welby be battle tested for conference play.

-Pacers signed Alex Poythress to an actual contract, replacing his 2-way. Hard to believe, but that's awesome.

Excellent work snack.
original-18oz-pouch-rendering-somewhat-spicy_a48478a4-45a4-4366-938b-295c3fd60bd6_2048x.png

Reactions: drxman1
You mean had I made different life choices, I too could be without a wife, without children, and slinging gin at a place called "SCARS AND TATTOOS" in the gay capital of America?

Jealous.
Yes, except for the gin. Not many people drinking gin in these parts. Oh and it’s Tattoos&Scars like the Montgomery Gentry song.

Re: yoga pants, got the gal a pair that are Santa Claus bottoms and merry Christmas to me.

So my monkey chasing friend got flown out of Bali and had his surgery yesterday in Kuala Lumpur. Surgeon said it went well. While he doubts he’ll walk again, he’s got a chance.

Pretty amazing how viral the story went. Was at a party last night and a friend of ours in town from LA had heard about it and been following.

Saving him for the stretch run! Gonna put him in the Elite 8 to shut down some random honky killing us with pick n roll!

The game being at 1pm tomorrow should be a nice wake up call to college basketballs about how little of a shit anyone cares about college basketball.

Reactions: drxman1
Agree with that list. When Vanderbilt plays he goes in right above SGA, with the possibility of moving higher.

Also agree ive got nothing for Washington. But then again, i usually have nothing for our guys who don't hustle. Washington has 1 double digit rebound game and 2 steals all season. Im smh typing this[sick]

Vanderbilt would have to be pretty good to jump SGA for me. I love that dude.

Me too. He's such a ball player.

Do wish he'd look to finish a little more. While he's easily the best penetrator/facilitator on the team in the half-court, he throws the ball out way too much when he could easily finish.

He's my favorite player on the team.

____

Washington's flexing after layups and wide open dunks (and basically any positive play) is annoying AF, but not nearly as much as his little "too cool" strut coupled with the similar faces he makes. It's like he's an 8th grader trying to impress a girl when he's out there or something. Drives me nuts.

My mild annoyance with PJ's flexing reached its zenith against UCLA when Hami drove the lane for a dunk, immediately turned around to hustle back on defense, and PJ was more interested in getting in Diallo's way so he could flex and bump as if PJ himself had dunked the ball.

Shorts from the Philly Airport:

- Great airport- maybe my favorite in my limited travels.

- Jeezus, Megan.

- I clicked on that LCJ article before thinking to myself “why do I care what these assholes think?” and immediately exiting.

- CBB is popular to me and my friends. That’s all I care about.

- I’ll give some Bahamas rundowns in a few days but was a great trip. I’m marrying into a wonderful family.

- I miss my dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT