ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you did. It was the daily special at Pacale’s Manale, an excellent Italian restaurant that has been around since 1913.

Officially, it was just called crab cakes, but it was served on a bed of fettuccine with crab meat and Alfredo sauce.

Not sure why that would deserve ridicule from the likes of you? Maybe you are picturing a frozen or powdered Alfredo sauce from Fazolli’s or Applebee’s? This was a delicious, creamy homemade sauce over handmade noodles at a legit Italian joint whose founders probably knew the original Schembaris.

I’d definitely order it again without giving a second thought to what Kooky Kats from the internet thinks. Thanks for replying, though.

Willy had some fancied up Stouffer's on the Bayou and he is giddy.

Being a fan of the most successful college basketball program in history sucks. :cry:

Some real f’ing bitches in here.

Not a real GYERO-man unless your being overly cynical about all things UK. Somehow that's become the sentiment and if you even try to act positive, you're a sunshine pumping blowhard. They have to "keep it real."

Favorite Wildcat Sports Moment of 2017?

Wichita State/UCLA tourney wins or Tennessee football win IMO.

Nothing really iconic jumps out at me. Rather pedestrian calendar year for the Wildcats. Obviously Friday will be forgettable.

* A bunch of slack jawed ******s around here, to be honest. We're playing our biggest rival Friday afternoon (adios, work), then turning around an hour later and taking on a fun Northwestern team in what appears to be a pretty cool bowl game.

And some of you are pissed?

All the pumps for you, imo.

* Book lineup....

Origin (finishing up today)
The Association of Small Bombs
To Kill a Mockingbird (always end up buying a classic every time I go into Faulkner House Books in the Quarter)
The Great Bridge (thanks, anth)

* I live so close to Pascal's I can practically see it from the front porch. Don't eat dinner there much, but I worship their oyster happy hour. Thomas "Uptown T" has been shuckin (and jivin, big time) there for 30+ years. 60-something black dude with a big ole gut, and just sits back there slinging oysters and flirting with all the old biddies from the neighborhood. He's a legend. It's like watching a standup comedic performance. Great dude.

* Got a couple of Sugar Bowl tickets to the company suite. Sweet.

* Big score for Mardi Gras weekend. $2000 via air bnb for 3 days. Also another $900 for this weekend. If you're a homeowner, you're really selling yourself short if you don't take advantage of this. Such easy $$$.

* Stepping up my nocturnal game big time. Got the whole house now outfitted with foam pillows. Big change.

* Interesting few weeks in my business. Basically we just field phone calls and emails all day long....

"so, is this policy issued yet?"
"nope."
"but i really need it in a huge hurry!!!"
"welp, january 1 is the busiest day of the entire year, you've got 2 major holidays, and you waited until the last minute to send us the info."

#youshouldhavesentthedamnthingalittlesoona

I can confirm the awesomeness of Pti’s local oyster bar. I can also confirm that 5 dozen raw oysters was too many.

Just have bad feeling about Friday. Think we lose both. Basketball will be close, football will not.

-Good for you. If you don't think this place is pissy and bitchy about all things UK I don't know what to tell you. For the record, it's funny when SAE does it because it's his shtick. Annoying with the rest of you trying to be him.

-Mockingbird is on my nightstand and I keep skipping over it. Need to mix a novel in so maybe next.

-Pascal's is so damn NOLA. Worship that place. Shouldn't have ordered that last dozen oysters, doh. Wrecked me for about a 5 days. 6-8 raw oysters is about the right amount. 20ish, not so much.

-Xmas with a 2.5 year old was amazing. He could give 2 shits about what was under the paper. Just absolute joy in unwrapping things. He was a trooper as well. Tried to soak it all up as I'm sure he'll love it for a few more years but I anticipate it becoming more selfish.

-Reloaded big time on the liquor cab. Really the best gifts are in liquid form. For me at least.

-Caught the game at Bono's new palace. Sweet setup, booze was flowing, put down a za from North End(A+). Was waiting for a performance like that. Experienced guard ate us up. 2 of our 5 best couldn't stay on the floor.

-Wonder if the Ware stuff is carry over from the UL incident?

-Got up Sunday to drag my lazy ass to CycleBar. Those places (Orange Theory, CB, etc) are crazy but I guess there's enough bits out there so they work. Been to 4 classes over the past 3 years(all in Lou where I don't have anywhere else to go) and all the classes are sold out days in advance. Just packed at $20 a seat. Good workout nonetheless and I like it because it's competitive. Would think a single dude could do very well mixing it up in that place.

-Ran into Dennis today at Magee's. Said he gave up the catpaw. Too much wasted time. Somehow most of us are able to be very productive at work, raise families, hobbies, read, travel, etc and keep up with our (really negative) digital friends.

Last edited:
There is no way we lose to Louisville at home coming off a shit loss. There's a much better chance we roast their asses than lose.

Now the football team, that's an entirely different story. Wouldn't shock me if we won a close one, wouldn't shock me if we got beat by 30.

-Dennis' false claim about his wife being in the terrorist attack was unsettling, to say the least.

-Glad you enjoyed North End Slice, Anth. It's fantastic.

-Showing at 11:00 am this morning after hosting Christmas with house guests for 3+ days. Last left at 6:00 am. Mean, it forced us to clean the place up so whatever.

-Upon reflection I think I just need a palette cleanser for UK sports. Something to rid some of the bad taste I have right now for our knucklehead football team and "unknown" basketball team. I recognize that it's unfair for me to take my Cal-exhaustion out on the kids, so need to temper myself there. I think Friday *should* be okay for them, but I certainly have concerns. Football wise I am expecting a thorough whipping similar to Mississippi State. Hope I'm wrong.

-There's so much going on in the world right now I'm good with the magazines and current affairs. No real time for casual book reading.

-Used to absolutely devour the CJ and HL "special" sections they ran the day of the UK-UL basketball games. Those things were so dope.

-Double smoked some hams for colleagues at the office and delivered Christmas Eve. Pretty good reviews. Easy and a nice cost-effective gift with a personal touch.

-2018 --> :flushed:

Anyone else super excited to hear what Anth is reading next?
My bad, here ya go.

Cal sucks, tired of the revolving door, his sideline antics, shitty non-conference schedule, uniforms, assistant coaches, camp cal, the Palumbos, forcing guys out, not recruiting the whites, NBA Draft. Stoops sucks, can't coach, can't develop, can't get 11 men on the field, can't get defenders on WRs, can't keep recruits, should've won the east, the new stadium renovations are awful, his contract is ridiculous, he's banging like 5 students, we're terrible, going to lose Friday by 40. Mitch is the worst, top button, checker boards are dumb, all the new facilities are dumb, tomma is better can we hire him?, should've hire Petrino, he's the worst. Benny, Knox, and Vando will get injured this weekend walking out. Bowden will get arrested during the game. Jordan Jones will bite off a finger off. Marrow is leaving for 5 different jobs next year. Joel Justice will be named interim coach. Cal will likely start ENG rest of year because he's our best shooter. All 6 freshman will go in the draft. Zion will pick Duke. Wiseman will reclassify but go to UL. UL will get off NCAA/FBI stuff and resurrect Rupp to be the next coach.

That about cover it?

-North End is the way pizza should be. Almost perfect. All those doughy pizzas can gtfo.

-My formatting is always perfect. If not, it's on purpose. Nothing irks me more than lack/excessive spacing.

-Retard is not acceptable these days. Pretty easy to see why not. For someone that is highly educated, and trained by a branch of our military, you sure are disrespectful.

-I've been reading 8-10 books a year for several years now. Don't think that qualifies as "lots."

Reactions: rudd1
Got a Samsung Gear VR for birfday. Haven' used it for pron but it' pretty awesome for Netflix.

I hate UK too.

Pretty sweet Anthony got to Bonos place. Imagine where he'd go if they charged overtime:raised_hands:

Sober humor may not be my thing:flushed:

Saw Bono's house and...know what, nevermind.

If I'm in a hole I've learned to quit digging.

Merry New Year to All!

Not a real GYERO-man unless your being overly cynical about all things UK. Somehow that's become the sentiment and if you even try to act positive, you're a sunshine pumping blowhard. They have to "keep it real."
This thread is super friends level compared to the HOB.

Last edited:
Clown's favorite classics:

The Great Gatsby - finest piece of American writing in history IMO

Crime and Punishment - probably my favorite book of all time

Catcher in the Rye - if only because I thought it was hilarious when I read it all those many years ago, plus I like novels set in Manhattan.

Complete Sherlock Holmes - no explanation necessary

A Farewell to Arms - not a Hemingway fan by any stretch (who wants to read three GD pages about piece of f***ing driftwood) but this one actually made me tear up.

Portnoy's Complaint - what can I say? I enjoy Jewish humor.

Breakfast of Champions - my favorite KV book

Reactions: VernHatton52
If Ware really signed with agent, or took money from one, or whatever, then just announce you're not playing in the bowl game and you're pursuing the NFL. That's more than acceptable. Go and enjoy. If that's *really* the case, then why can't Stoops and co. just get out in front of it and make the announcement? Why must it be a suspension with "no comment" on his future?

So, something is off here. Or I am a idiot. Both are plausible tbh.

Portnoy' s Complaint is fantastic. Funny as hell. My favorite literary classic is The Sound and the Fury by Faulkner. It isn't an easy read but it's a certified masterpiece. Everyone should read it before death.

SAE, good call on those special sports section. They literally broke down every possible matchup possible along with numerous articles. I also loved the recaps of past games. It was ritual to read the whole section well before game time. Great memories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT