ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't stand wearing real stirrups because I always had to adjust them. An extra long pair of stirrup socks that went over the knew, ftw.

Just don't. Nobody's going to really enjoy it but you, and based upon the reported scale of this marvel even that's going to be fleeting.

Seriously. Just don't even bother. You'll be glad you didn't.

I have beautiful landscaping that goes around the entire house. This isn't some garden in a box that will be crowded.

There is a perfect spot for it where I just removed a couple of rose bushes.

My little girls want a waterfall and I am going to build them one. And it will have a couple of goldfish in it.

You're thinking of Jerry. Chad rarely backs out after a commit...he has, sure, but it's not habitual like ninjaken.

You know Chad isn't coming when he completely ignores a situation or conversation about a get together, event, trip, etc...(please keep this in GYERO)

If he's talking about it, which he has been for a week, he's coming.

He may waver, or make you nervous...but typically does the right thing. Terrence Jones, if you will.

Jerry = JaQuan Lyle

*Not sure when the stirrup fell out of fashion, but when I retired, the higher they were, the cooler you were. ::smoking guy::

*The old Bosox, and St Louis lucky stripes, were dope tho.

*Merchandiser>>>Pull Up boy

ornamental ponds/waterfalls are the worst. Probably built 6 of them in 3 years I worked for a landscape company in college. I even had access to a backhoe. They suck and are hard to get level. Don't waste your time.

Stolen from KSR: Hey, it's a start.

College basketball as we once knew it is no more. Beginning in 2015-16, new rules will change the game by speeding up play with a shortened shot clock and fewer timeouts, among other small tweaks. We’re sorry it had to come to this, Big Ten.

The NCAA rules committee got together today to vote on rules changes and the most notable of those changes is a 30-second shot clock. College basketball will adopt the 30-second clock next season, chipping away five seconds from the 35-second clock that had been around since 1993.

There are also three new changes related to timeouts:

1. Number of timeouts reduced from five to four, with no more than three being carried over into the second half.

2. Stricter enforcement of resumption of play coming out of timeouts and after a player has fouled out.

3. Team timeouts with 30 seconds prior to media timeouts will become media timeouts, with exception of first team timeout in second half.

And new rules to reduce the physicality of the game:

1. Strict enforcement of defensive rules.

2. Providing offensive players same principles of verticality protections as defensive players.

3. Move restricted-area arc out from three to four feet.

Other changes include:

– Elimination of five-second closely-guarded call

– Hanging on rim technical foul reduced to one shot

– Allow pregame warmup dunking

– 10-second backcourt timer will not reset after timeout

– Eliminating coach-called live ball timeouts

Allow instant replay of shots made after shot clock goes off

All proposed rules must be approved by the Playing Rules Oversight Panel on June 8 before becoming officially official.

Y'all don't understand. When you grow up on the filthy streets of Dayton, KY, addled with methheads and stray dogs and teenage mamas pushing their babies in strollers, all you dream about is one day living somewhere out in suburbia with a mini-pond. Willy's been yearning this for years. Let the poor bastard have his pond. You don't know where he came from. Let him leave the world he grew up in behind once in for all.

Reactions: Wildcat Willy
Let me be the first to say the refs will give a big ol F You to the above rules. By late Feb (or maybe sooner) they'll be back to calling the same ol shit they always have.
Are any of these guys approaching retirement. New, younger refs will be a godsend.

Construction is already finished, all he has left is adding the goldfish:

DSCF1485.jpg

ornamental ponds/waterfalls are the worst. Probably built 6 of them in 3 years I worked for a landscape company in college. I even had access to a backhoe. They suck and are hard to get level. Don't waste your time.

Good thing I'm not a useless failure like you.

Seriously, this isn't some massive project.

I'm using a simple little preformed 50-gallon polyethylene high density liner.

I've got a bunch of natural smooth creek rocks from my Dad's land and a couple of pieces of slate for the waterfall.

This will be natural looking and subtle. The "pond" itself is only 57"x30." There will be some potted water lillies inside and a few water hyacinths floating on top. The back edge of the pond will butt up against a row of coreopsis that are all along the back of my house and a bit of ornamental grass.

I like all those changes save the elimination of the 5 second call. Somewhere Cliff Hawkins' asthma flairs in anger.

Got a date with a tamper and some pavers this weekend if it's not a washout. Sitting in front of a computer all day sometimes you just gotta go build some shit. Painting/staining the screened in porch and replacing the screens is next on the list. Perfect beer drinking jobs.

Llama, you will be welcome to stroll about my courtyard and enjoy the soothing trickle of the cascading water anytime you are in town.

And your children can play on the majestic playset that will be installed in 3 weeks. And yes, I paid the extra $450 to have that SOB delivered, assembled and installed.

Touch koi. I'm getting the cheap little feeder goldfish.

Hopefully they reproduce and I'll take their young inside to feed my tiger oscars.

And your children can play on the majestic playset that will be installed in 3 weeks. And yes, I paid the extra $450 to have that SOB delivered, assembled and installed.

Smartest GD thing you've ever done.

-Rob, I looked into it and it was a bunch of people just passing the buck for some reason. I hope someone got you what you needed. Sorry about that.

-have not had a good old fashioned unattended death in a while. Had to go to one this morning. Full face respirator kept the odor away. If you can, imagine watching someone attempt to sweep up white rice while the rice tries to crawl away. :confused:

* Gonna build a little pond in my garden this weekend if the weather permits it. Just a little 5'x2.5' kidney shaped number with a little waterfall.

Are you going to be using a plastic mold or laying a liner over the hole?

My dad started out with an idea a lot like yours and ended up falling in love w/ fish ponds....now has 3 in his backyard, the one below being about 5,000 gallons. Ishton of maintenance, especially if you go w/ the tempermental koi opposed to punk ass goldfish. Even smaller ponds kick your ass. I'll never have one.

184716_503430589653_1737_n.jpg

Llama, you will be welcome to stroll about my courtyard and enjoy the soothing trickle of the cascading water anytime you are in town.

And your children can play on the majestic playset that will be installed in 3 weeks. Hopefully they reproduce and I'll take their young inside to feed my tiger Oscars.

And yes, I paid the extra $450 to have that SOB delivered, assembled and installed.

Touch koi. I'm getting the cheap little feeder goldfish.

Damn, that looks like a HELLUVA place for a book, 100% serious.

That looks like a little mini resort, solid work.

Can you imagine just kicking back there in the summer reading a good book, maybe even one book after another, outside, not a care in the world?

Can you imagine just kicking back there in the summer reading a good book, maybe even one book after another, outside, not a care in the world?

I sure can, been imagining since the picture was posted. If there is a sound of moving water in there somewhere, A cooler, some grill smoke in the distance, and a dog or two hanging around ---> pretty much perfect summer evening in my book.

Are you going to be using a plastic mold or laying a liner over the hole?

My dad started out with an idea a lot like yours and ended up falling in love w/ fish ponds....now has 3 in his backyard, the one below being about 5,000 gallons. Ishton of maintenance, especially if you go w/ the tempermental koi opposed to punk ass goldfish. Even smaller ponds kick your ass. I'll never have one.

That is a nice area.

My wife wouldn't let me go any larger with the pond than I am.

It is a plastic mold that fits perfectly into a currently plantless area in a mulched bed just off of my patio.

My wife was against it until I photoshopped it into a picture of the area I'm talking about. Now she is excited about it.

I'm a touching artist. It will be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT