ADVERTISEMENT

CI Wrestling Thread #56

Really like the MJF stuff right now. If I'm TK, I don't care if it's Wembley, I'm putting MJF over Ospreay again and making that dude chase for the rest of the year. What turned me off to Ospreay was him being handed everything right away. Unfortunately he likely wins in London and the whole American title story dies right there.

Speaking of really's, really glad SS is Saturday. Raw's been great, SD's been sorta dull, and everything is in a holding pattern until the weekend. We need the Dom turn on Rhea, Gunther being the guy in August, Punk vs Drew actually wrestling, LA Knight finally getting some gold, Reigns and Heyman back, and Orton doing more than eyeing the title on SD.

Reactions: Wesley91581
Really like the MJF stuff right now. If I'm TK, I don't care if it's Wembley, I'm putting MJF over Ospreay again and making that dude chase for the rest of the year. What turned me off to Ospreay was him being handed everything right away. Unfortunately he likely wins in London and the whole American title story dies right there.

Speaking of really's, really glad SS is Saturday. Raw's been great, SD's been sorta dull, and everything is in a holding pattern until the weekend. We need the Dom turn on Rhea, Gunther being the guy in August, Punk vs Drew actually wrestling, LA Knight finally getting some gold, Reigns and Heyman back, and Orton doing more than eyeing the title on SD.
Speaking of Saturdays like I said a couple weeks ago TK is loading up dynamite at the expense of collision - the main event tonight was lio rush vs PAC which was an afterthought wwe cruiseweight match 8 years ago.

Luckily no one got hurt on these botches.

Last edited:
I've only seen a clip but Hologram seems much quicker than Ricochet. I dunno, if you're TK, you've got three shows plus ROH, and these guys can also work for New Japan or CMLL occasionally. I won't crush either AEW or WWE for having bloated rosters at this point. NXT is about to bring in three badass women who will then be on Raw and SD in a couple years. It's just an ongoing thing.

What would help AEW is split rosters so we know who is where and maybe a cruiserweight division. The utter randomness of AEW matches on different shows has made some viewers walk away imo. It ain't Sting retiring, it's things still within AEW that can be fixed.

Enjoying Hologram as well. Still liking the set up of Collision in the smaller venue.
We actually someone win titles at Battle of the Belts on Saturday.
Dustin Rhodes and the Von Erich's won the ROH six-man titles.

Raw for tonight- friendly reminder it's on SyFy tonight due to the Olympics.

WWE World Tag Team Champion Finn Balor vs. GUNTHER.
Seth Rollins gives his referee's instructions for Summerslam.
Lyra Valkyria & Katana Chance & Kayden Carter vs. Sonya Deville & Zoey Stark & Shayna Baszler.
Xavier Woods vs. Karrion Kross.
Sheamus vs. Bronson Reed.
The Creed Brothers vs. Akira Tozawa & Otis

I mean I know we harp on bloated roasters and duplicates (in basketball terms) on the aew roster but isn’t he just another ricochet?

Similar. He’s less muscular than Ricochet and looks to be a little faster. It reminds me of the WWE Sin Cara gimmick without the yellow light and numerous botches.

The negative is this is this another little guy in a mask doing flips, and that style of wrestler is a dime a dozen on that roster.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT