ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
-idiot is too strong. I know plenty of bright/reasonable/good folks who revert to histrionics/hyperbole when certain issues/people are brought up. Moving on.

Lord have mercy, if there is one thing Gyero will not suffer, it’s a bragadacious golf post.

Shorts:

- Disgusting.
https://lifehacker.com/heres-how-many-thoughts-and-prayers-a-contribution-from-1820215051

- Just have a hard time buying the late chatter with Barrett. Think he’s a bag.

- Again, November is awesome.

- Was never a big Flair guy. Liked Sting in the NWA and Hogan in WWF. I was a common MFer growing up. Loved the 30f30 tho.

- Quade gives me an Anth Epps vibe. More talent but plays with poise, knocks down the open J, makes the right play.

- I lose a lot of respect for people who buy a puppy and then get rid of it after a month or two.

- Wedding all weekend. Should be fun but will have to miss some great sports.

- Homebuying update: Every wall in every house we see needs to be torn down and every kitchen sucks per lass. Developing...

- I get a real Keith Bogans vibe from Keldon Johnson. That’s a good thing.

:popcorn::100points::100points::100points::100points:

Welcome to the #smuglyfe
It’s called open concept Chad, familiarize yourself. Also use the word “space” frequently. In fact go on the offensive and use that word all over the place so she tires of it.

Repeat for entertaining. Everything, and I mean everything, must be geared toward entertaining friends that you won’t actually have over to entertain.

- Just have a hard time buying the late chatter with Barrett. Think he’s a bag.

- I lose a lot of respect for people who buy a puppy and then get rid of it after a month or two.

The homer in me wants to believe coach on RR. Everything has been kept real tight in this recruitment and that usually seems good for us.

A girl at work got a pup not too long ago and was trying the get rid of the thing within a couple weeks. She was having a hard time finding someone to take it so it’s now mine. She comes in the other day trying to show me pictures of her new dog. Should have showed her a picture of my new dog right back

Open concept is awesome. The idea of pots and pans clanging and the dishwasher running right next to the TV not only makes perfect sense, but will really be justified by the two times a year you "entertain" anything more than a couple of friends.

Still 50/50 on pulling the trigger for a quick trip to Nashville Saturday. On one hand it's only a 1:30 trip, find some nice place to catch a good meal....OTOH it's ky football and the odds are it will be a let down. Not a much worse feeling in the world than slinking out of that stadium with a loss and enduring those nerds talking trash.

If you live 90 minutes from Nashville, then you're in some podunk horseshit town, and the Vandy game should be the highlight of you're year.

Why in the hell would you NOT go? Got big things going down in Horse Cave this weekend??

I say you double down on the open space concept and take the cabinet doors off in the kitchen, the bathroom door off its hinges, leave the windows open when it is 40 degrees, etc.

Fight fire with fire.

Reactions: wcc31
Early 30s, we moved to an old house / new for us. Small, outdated kitchen (circa 1960s).

I tried to convince my wife we could wait a while to renovate the kitchen "because nobody spends much time in the kitchen anyway."

Shortly after that, even I realized how stupid a comment that was. The kitchen is practically the center of everything, even parties.

Of course, I lost that battle, and thankfully so. Just trying to impart the wisdom I've gained from my years, hopefully save someone from making the same mistakes I made.

(Not all heroes wear capes).
(Except Tommy).

Open concepts lol. Even my smug wife realizes how ridiculous that trend is. I'm sure its a bit disheartening for builders who have to incorporate it into a lot of new construction bc some of these new money shitheads watch too much HGTV.

Reno your kitchens and bathrooms, update the paint and fixtures as needed, and call it a day.

-Not sure that dogs are overrated in general, but definitely underrated is when a close family member has a dog that you get to hang with regularly. See my folks' dogs 3-4 times a week. Great dogs, but I'm responsible for zero percent of the care and cleanup. Win/win, IMO.

-We took our dog back after a year. We had adopted him from a shelter, and his previous owner was an elderly lady who was with him 24/7, and he had run of the place. We tried everything, but he was getting increasingly aggressive towards our then-6-year-old, to the point where he would try to bite her completely unprovoked. Ummmmm, false. The shelter completely understood, and agreed that a different kind of situation(i.e., no kids) would be best for him. He was adopted less than a week later into a much better situation.

-Anyone believing Barrett smoke is fooling themselves.

-Sammy Sosa turning white will never not freak me out.

-The only person who is better off for having 280-character twitter is Woj. Otherwise, the shorter the better.

-College hoops writers are chronic click-baiters, but never moreso than right before the season...."TEN SURPRISING PREDICTIONS ABOUT THE UPCOMING SEASON....". Ridiculous.

Reactions: tommyg4uk
Love my open concept floor plan and I host around 6-8 "get togethers" of at least 15 people per year.

What I need is for Toyota to finish strong this year so Daddy's bonus is enough to get the basement finished like I want.

Ol' Marge is already drawing up "suggested" plans. Nah. The basement is mine, bitch. And yes, there will be a wet bar. I don't care if Stacy from work had problems with hers.

The thing that’s great about the smug life is having friends who all live the smug life and have great houses for entertaining so great nobody ever wants to leave to go to another house to be entertained it’s a vicious wonderful cycle

To be fair, popcorn ceilings are a blight on humanity and are an embarrassment to all that it is good in this world. Sad!

In the house, yes. In the garage, no. And textured, not popcorn.

Garages aren't heated in 99.99% of homes. Winters here get cold. As such, cracks in garage ceiling drywall tape/seams are pretty common, especially in the first year of a new home. People pack a lot of shit in their garages. And it's next to impossible to repair/seams/sand/paint a smooth ceiling (esp. in a 3 car garage) once people are living in the house. It's half the time effort and expense to fix the problem with a textured ceiling. And usually with better long-term results.

Also, don't put plumbing over your unheated garage. It never ends well.

more-you-know.jpg

As a senior president here at GYEROLAW let me just say that “but there was an ice storm!!” is as good a defense in a divorce action as “but I was going to a wedding!” is in a DUI case- which is to say STONE COLD LOCK.

That's why it is in the prenup. Learn science, Counselor.

Why is it disgusting? Do you know how many NRA members have been the "killer" in the mass shootings we are witnessing? ZERO.

Did you know it was an NRA member that stopped the guy at the church? Of course you didn't.

Admitted, politics is an ugly game, but when you come and throw a thinly veiled barb at the NRA for no reason other than to stick your foot in your mouth, you are gonna get it pushed deeper.

STFU little man and stick to ranting about something else. You are out of your league.

Can anyone suggest a new law that would stop these mass shootings? It seems the laws that are already in place would have sufficed in this case had they been followed.

The end game here is the magazine size imo. That will be what the GOP will eventually give up. Luckily eBay had 30 rd Pmags on sale last year and there are now 20 in my gun safe

Fantasy team is chugging along. Really think marvin Jones may be my sleeper MVP. Getting good points/draft position value from him week in and week out.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT