ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean I work in University compliance like as a career and the people I work with always thought I was making shit up about UL. Today they are asking stuff like:

Why doesnt the AD step in? Well he's actually the one who promotes and condones this type of mindset, read this quote from yesterday...

Oh that's awful- why doesnt the president step in? Well he was recently outed and actually audit results came out yesterday that he was basically stealing money and making payouts to his pals- here read this article about it....

Oh that's awful, why doesnt the BOT step on? Well- finish that same article. The BOT was disbanded and many of the old guard were embedded in a Foundation scandal so they kind of have a temporary leadership setup going on but nobody really knows who is in charge or anything.

The only bad part will be that there are so many awesome details that they will get bored before you can tell them all.

Jesus, is that a picture of their president? What's wrong with his haircut? Funny you should ask. A UK player saw a picture of him for the first time on live radio and described his haircut as looking like "someone put a slice of bologna on his head." I mean, it really does look like bologna.

Louisville, eh? Didn't their basketball coach knock up a groupie a few years ago or something? Yup! Pitino banged that slut right on a restaurant table an hour or so after meeting her while a yes man guarded the door. Then he paid $3k for her to have an abortion. Then he got another flunky to drive her to the abortion clinic. And then had that guy marry her for some f***ed up reason.

Wait, what? He had an assistant coach marry the slut he nailed while he was still married and then paid an absurdly strange amount of money to abort his child? That can't be true. That's insane. Well the guy wasn't an assistant coach. I think he was a team manager or something, but it did happen and no one really made a big deal about it.

You can read the article right here. It full of all sorts of crazy things. She was apparently blowing half of Louisville before she nailed Pitino. Her lawyer. The electric company repairman who said in court that she liked that he had his name written on his belt and brought her McDonald's whenever he saw her. Everyone. They all testified about it in federal court, too.

She even brought her kids to picket the media or something before she went to jail. I can't remember exactly why, but here you can see a picture of it. The kids were there but the media eventually started cropping them out.

Huh? She was the one who went to jail?

Yeah. Attempted extortion or something. Didn't exactly make sense at the time, but there you go. That's Louisville for you. No one really mentioned it.

Pitino's wife didn't file for divorce, either. Christ only knows what's up there. I'm not sure she's even been in Kentucky for more than a decade.

No shit?!?! I mean that is legitimately crazy. How do you know all of this? Seriously, this type of thing happens all of the time at Louisville. Pitino even had the balls to compare a college team leaving a conference for a better spot to cheating on a wife a couple of years later. I mean these people have no shame.

Here read this article where Petrino hired his mistress at Arkansas without apparently telling the administration and Louisville still hired him afterwards, even though he embarrassed them after leaving the first time.

Or read these article describing how they routinely pay former employees to keep their mouth's shut.

Or read this article about an assistant coach paying for whores for recruits in a dorm named after Pitino's brother in law who died on 9/11. Pitino mentions that poor guy whenever his dumb ass gets in a sticky situation (pardon the pun).

Uh... yeah. Talk to you later, buddy.

You will eventually find yourself running after people and waving printouts of articles about Clint Hurt at them and become the campus crazy person.

Last edited:
^ all of the above does not even include "I did, down my leg" or anything about 15 seconds or "white girls with big butts and boobs who could squirt to the ceiling", etc.

They really are an awesome rival.

Last edited:
I don't visit other team's message boards often but I had to checkout UL's tonight. It's interesting.

Arguably, this "scandal" is the most mundane of them all but it honestly seems as though it has hit critical mass with a lot of their fans.

Arguably, this "scandal" is the most mundane of them all but it honestly seems as though it has hit critical mass with a lot of their fans.

Other than Jurich being a dickhead to the press and Petrino being caught in a lie, it shouldn't even be a scandal.

If an old friend of Eddie Gran called him up and offered to give him Georgia Tech's playbook, I'd be pissed if his response was anything other than "Hell yeah. Send it on over and I will forward it directly to Stoops. Just pinky swear that we both keep our mouthes shut about this, ok?"

I like Star Wars. Not a diehard, but enjoy the movies. That said, I have very minimal interest in seeing this movie. Disney is clearly going to keep making Star Wars branded movies until they completely take away any special qualities of an actual Star Wars movie. It will basically be Star Wars - 2 Fast 2 Stars Furiously in another 5 years.

The sacred description is the most apt, imo.

From an outsider's perspective, no one would put up with UL's behavior unless it was run like a papacy.

I like Star Wars. Not a diehard, but enjoy the movies. That said, I have very minimal interest in seeing this movie. Disney is clearly going to keep making Star Wars branded movies until they completely take away any special qualities of an actual Star Wars movie. It will basically be Star Wars - 2 Fast 2 Stars Furiously in another 5 years.
FWIW, this one felt different from other Star Wars movies. And I can't say much about the intensity without spoiling things. They apparently needed reshoots to make it less dark, and I can see that. The last 40 minutes or so were pretty amazing.

Last edited:
Yesterday sucked.

Working with Engineers to completely rework my outbound shipping processes. Gantt charts, multiple explanations of how I will pay for the changes and when we will be seeing a ROI. The silver lining is the two engineers are pretty solid dudes. Oh, I had a bit of a hangover from the dinner the night before.

Had to take a long lunch to go get my mothers medicine she left behind when she was operated on yesterday. Get to Audubon and they couldn't find it for 30 minutes. Finally got her pills, dropped them off to her, and then rushed back to work.

As soon as I was able to sit down for a few minutes my kids school calls and tells me my son threw up and someone needed to come get him. Off I go again.

All this while I'm still trying to get some simple answers from a lawyer about my dad's death.

My wife always picks the best times to be out of town on business.

What's super shitty is I had plans to be in Vegas this week. SHIT!

Oh, I get to work this weekend again! YAY, CHRISTMAS!

I like Star Wars. Not a diehard, but enjoy the movies. That said, I have very minimal interest in seeing this movie.
I'm the same. While this movie may be good...it almost seems pointless to me.

And I won't nerd out but the last one had a chance to be really good but just had so many little flaws that bothered me.

I've seen every Star Wars movie except the last, and while I enjoy the imagery, I haven't the slightest idea of what the story actually is.
Yup. Glad I'm not the only one. No clue what these movies are actually about. Love the giant robots tho

Had a few Dad's last night. Find them a hoppier version of most Christmas Ale's. I like hoppy beers though.

Great Lakes has traditionally been the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT