ADVERTISEMENT

GYERO ARCHIVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't there a moral clause spec entered into Petrino's current contract that he would not embarrass himself or the university?

Edit: Just found it in section 7 of his contract

“Just Cause termination” would include “disparaging media publicity in material nature that damages the good name and reputation of Employer or University,” the contracts states, “if such publicity is caused by Employee’s willful misconduct that could objectively be anticipated to bring (Petrino and U of L) into public disrepute or scandal, or which tends greatly to offend the public.”

Honestly with all that is great about this story, it's the Louisville fans slowly but surely realizing that everything they've ever thought bad about UK is true for their cesspool program.

And you have to wonder, if these things are broken so easily like hookers and stealing plays then you have to assume what's really been hidden well is probably the lowest of lows.

Reactions: jayroon
IMG_1879.jpg

How unhirable is Tommy Elrod now? You try to sabotage the school for whom you once coached and are now doing radio play by play commentary, and you offer game plans to multiple opponents? He'll never coach football again on any level let alone never have a job in broadcasting. He'd do well to be a janitor or a Louisville postal worker at this point.

There's one person who'd hire him in a heartbeat.

Tom-Jurich.png

How unhirable is Tommy Elrod now? You try to sabotage the school for whom you once coached and are now doing radio play by play commentary, and you offer game plans to multiple opponents? He'll never coach football again on any level let alone never have a job in broadcasting. He'd do well to be a janitor or a Louisville postal worker at this point.
Yeah I'd love to hear the back story on that part of it.

The University of Kentucky will not be leaving Rupp Arena anytime soon.

The Lexington Center and UK have agreed to a 15-year lease to keep the men;s basketball team playing in Rupp Arena. The announcement is being made Thursday at the Lexington Center, and the deal will be signed sometime today. The lease was originally set to terminates at the end of the 2017-18 basketball season.

Rupp and UK have reached an agreement on a 15-year lease agreement. Base rent for UK will be $1.9 million annually for 28 events.

Welp, Anth was wrong about an on campus arena.
Not really. I said you'd know after this agreement. Rupp is building suites so that should satisfy UK.

Don't think I ever said UK was absolutely building an on campus arena because I never believed that. Believed they could if Rupp didn't comply.

Last edited:
Reactions: 80 Proof
This is what they were looking for -> UK will receive revenues from the creation of four clubs and club spaces within the arena for use during games and other events.

UL will receive revenues from the creation of four clubs, stripper poles and club spaces for the hookers to use during games and recruiting.

Why would you need to cheat to beat Wake Forest? We're talking bout Wake Forest! Vanderbilt and Northwestern think that's ridiculous.

Reactions: roguemocha
If you'd steal plays to beat Wake Forest in football, you might even allow your flagship basketball program to do something crazy like buy hookers for recruits. I know it sounds crazy, but it's a slippery slope, you guys. Really need to keep an eye on this program.

I mean I work in University compliance like as a career and the people I work with always thought I was making shit up about UL. Today they are asking stuff like:

Why doesnt the AD step in? Well he's actually the one who promotes and condones this type of mindset, read this quote from yesterday...

Oh that's awful- why doesnt the president step in? Well he was recently outed and actually audit results came out yesterday that he was basically stealing money and making payouts to his pals- here read this article about it....

Oh that's awful, why doesnt the BOT step on? Well- finish that same article. The BOT was disbanded and many of the old guard were embedded in a Foundation scandal so they kind of have a temporary leadership setup going on but nobody really knows who is in charge or anything.

Why would you need to cheat to beat Wake Forest? We're talking bout Wake Forest! Vanderbilt and Northwestern think that's ridiculous.

You obviously don't get Louisville sports. That has little to do with it. It's a culture there. The whole place is full of people who don't blink when it comes to a lack of ethics or morals about anything. Want to bang a chick ob a restaurant table? Want to rehire a guy who shit on you on the way out the door last time? Want to hire your mistress? Want to pay some hookers to blow a recruit? Want the other team's plays? Want to act like the kid you kicked off the team is a saint just for the PR after his injury? Answer to everything- sure, why not?

Starts with Jurich and that weird little bubble all you people live in down there on the river.

They had just come off a couple meh performances vs. Duke and UVA. They had a Heisman candidate who they needed to keep at the front of the race to help mask the rest of the nonsense from that Athletic Dept. Desparate times, man. They needed to do whatever to try and win games by as many points as possible for LAMAR.

Which is why the Heisman needs to be rescinded immediately. Or his statue should have a big * attached to it.

- Rhinegeist' s Dad > West 6th's Christmas Ale.

They're both very good but after West 6th's is borderline too syrupy.

- Watched Home Alone 2 last night with the lass and young lass. Seen the original plenty of times but haven't seen the sequel in a long time. Kevin was such a creative little rascal.

- Had to get out of the house last night so I stepped outside and grilled some wings. Bundled up, fired up a podcast and enjoyed some crafties. Made some buffalo wing sauce and used a Cajun
rub on the wings. Actually pretty good.

- Any CHAINCE Marrow and Stoops can get Wills to stay in Lex?

- Cal says there dialed in at practice. Do we go 4 guards like some say we may? Carolina's offensive rebounding is scary good.

Berry will certainly play.

Regarding that clause in BOBBY's contract, at this point, how does one go about embarrassing the University of Louisville? They've been crawling around in the sewer for so long I'm not sure it's even possible anymore. The entire coaching staff could come out completely nude for the bowl game and it wouldn't be a shocker.

Embarrassing the program would be putting the person above you in so much shit that it's their ass or yours. We're getting close to that.

Reactions: jayroon
- Cal says there dialed in at practice. Do we go 4 guards like some say we may? Carolina's offensive rebounding is scary good.

Berry will certainly play.

Well we just have to really playground ball it up as best as we can. Hopefully that will be enough to counter such an organized back to basics basketball team.

Tomma really does look like a dude who would ride around town on a big bike looking for confrontations so he could kill. Good call.

Reactions: BigBadBlueDaddy
Interesting to just be doing chair-backs on the east and west sides of Rupp and not the endzones, as of now. 228-234 and 211-217

Cal's presser today:

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT