ADVERTISEMENT

Keep White and finally bring Kingsbury to the SEC

Dec 10, 2023
Bob's Country Bunker
a close up of a man wearing glasses and a tie .

I should have stated it better. Get rid of Stoops, keep White and Bring in Cliff. Saying the the Tulane coach is the "only" answer is laughable. Dude must be related to him and looking for a pay day.
Gotcha, I am all for trying anything different. I think we got stoops for 2 years minimum but maybe I will get surprised.

Intruguing concept....but wh would Cliff come be OC in college ....or are you arguing Cliff HC and White DC?

Kingsbury is not someone I would want. Was not good at the NFL level, ESPECIALLY on offense which is his forte. Plays the Leach-style of Air Raid. Problem with that is your defense tends to be built around that offensive scheme and is generally not very physical. We lambasted OU, TT, OSU and all the other Big 12 teams for years for having games end 55-52 and for none of their teams playing any defense. And that's what Kingsbury would bring here, Mumme 2.0. I'll pass.

I don't have any opinion on Sumrall other than he has done well at lower levels and he's a UK guy.

Kingsbury is most likely an nfl lifer at this point. If he continues to do well with Washington he’ll be a head coach again in a year or two.

However, I do think we need someone who is younger, offensive oriented, and who can recruit/develop/coach QBs like Kingsbury can.

In this era of football with the QB being so important, it’s not enough to just be an “offensive mind/guru” there’s lots of good OCs, play callers out there.

We need someone who is that but also can find a qb, develop him to run an offense.

I should have stated it better. Get rid of Stoops, keep White and Bring in Cliff. Saying the the Tulane coach is the "only" answer is laughable. Dude must be related to him and looking for a pay day.
If you're stating as a HC, then no, Kingsbury should not be considered. He was 35-40/19-35 at TTU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT