ADVERTISEMENT

DJ, Reed, and Edwards

Mike-McD

Junior
Aug 3, 2022
DJ: 3 assists in 30 minutes, 2-10 shooting and numerous stupid, selfish plays.

Reed: Played FOURTEEN, FOURTEEN, FOURTEEN MINUTES.

Edwards: TWENTY THREE MINUTES, 0-1 shooting and 2 rebounds.

Congrats, Cal, masterful job of coaching.

Fellas, you just witnessed how we're going to lose in the tournament in the second round.

Or the first.

Oh well, there's always next year, right calbois?

Fellas, you just witnessed how we're going to lose in the tournament in the second round.

Or the first.

That’s unbelievable! Not really, but you know! Wtf is he thinking, playing Reed 14 minutes?! Are you kidding me?! 😡

DJ was awful and completely killed offensive flow right away.

He just isn't an elite athlete. He relies on the left hand scoop. He struggles finishing that weak shot through contact. He went on a good run when he countered off that, but tonight he reverted.

Plus he never shared the ball. Was a complete ball killer which killed the offense

Or the first.

Reed was off tonight. 2 careless TO and one other lazy pass. He couldn't get open and looked a step slow to me. Reed playing more definitely wasn't the answer tonight.

He just isn't an elite athlete. He relies on the left hand scoop. He struggles finishing that weak shot through contact. He went on a good run when he countered off that, but tonight he reverted.

Plus he never shared the ball. Was a complete ball killer which killed the offense
Agreed, DJ played selfish tonight. But so did most of our guys.

Reactions: Farsight

Any chance he had in the late first round probably disappears after the performance tonight.

When your go to move is such a low percentage shot and you can’t even hit it against college guards - you have no chance in the league. The step back threes are also embarrassingly bad. I think he hit one on the year.

Any chance he had in the late first round probably disappears after the performance tonight.

When your go to move is such a low percentage shot and you can’t even hit it against college guards - you have no chance in the league. The step back threes are also embarrassingly bad. I think he hit one on the year.

Imo someone will take him first round but will have nothing to do with his actual performance or production. I still think it will be a mistake unless he adds a lot of sga to his game.

Or the first.

Reed had 14 minutes too much. He a liability

Reed was off tonight. 2 careless TO and one other lazy pass. He couldn't get open and looked a step slow to me. Reed playing more definitely wasn't the answer tonight.
He missed a wide open layup at the rim too. Reed didn't play well. That said...Nobody played well.

Reactions: gharding07

Or the first.

It’s not anything unexpected now. DJ is a favorite and he is not a better player than Reed. Edwards getting minutes to me just showed Cal quit.

Or the first.

I thought this was one of Cals worse substitution games of the season. Meanwhile, DJ is just chucking the ball left and right barely can hold onto it and Reed Is riding the pine, for what? At times he had O and Bradshaw in there together with Edwards. Cal is an idiot.

Also how do we not shoot a 3 hardly at all the last 8 minutes down big on the road. It's like Cal is saying drive to the basket with South Carolina Holding the Ball every possession down that much on the road you have to shoot some 3s. That's what we are good at. We only took 13 for the entire game. WTF? Cal drives me crazy.

Or the first.

100% agreed.

And I shamed myself for booking a cruise the weekend of ncaa tournament. I remember why now. Uk won't win sec tourney the weekend we board and will be out of ncaa by that Sunday when I get off the ship.

• Sad
Reactions: ukjenning44
You're so right, we should continue to bench him and let Edwards take us to the promised land. And tell DJ to keep driving to his left into the teeth of 4 defenders while throwing up useless bullcrap that clanks off the side of the rim.

23 minutes. How many points am I going to see whomever he was guarding score tonight when I watch that mess back. I bet he gave up at least 20 points. -5 in the boxscore, yea right.

Funny you are talking about defense now. When last week your were telling me how stupid I was and lacked any knowledge of basketball 😂

You're so right, we should continue to bench him and let Edwards take us to the promised land. And tell DJ to keep driving to his left into the teeth of 4 defenders while throwing up useless bullcrap that clanks off the side of the rim.
Reed and Edward's do not play the same position. Everyone agrees Edward's needs less playing time. I love Reed as much as the next guy but he needed to be on the bench tonight.

As far as Wagner I guess you missed the very next post were I said he played selfish.

Mitchell and Dillingham played a C game. The rest of our guys were D and Fs. We got smacked, on to the next game.

Reactions: ukcatz12

Or the first.

Hey I am shocked Edwards only played 23 minutes.

Reed was equally awful tonight.
I don't think you can say equally when he only played 14 sporadic mins. 3 mins here, 2 there, 1 at the end. Hard to get much rhythm like that. Meanwhile DJ played big mins and missed at least 3 layups.

Both were bad but just saying DJ was worse with less excuses looking at mins and shots.

Reactions: ukjenning44
Reed and DJ had bad games, it happens. But Edwards gives us absolutely NOTHING. NOTHING!! Cal has given him enough time, he really shouldn't see the floor unless we are in foul trouble.

Reactions: Big Blue in 502

Yeah, man. Look, I love DJ’s driving ability. However, he just doesn’t really make other guys better. Once he drives, forget about it. That ball ain’t coming back out. A PG that doesn’t pass much simply isn’t a PG.

I love Reed as much as the next guy but he needed to be on the bench tonight.
I dont know if straight leaving a guy on the bench when they're playing bad is always the right call. Hell, Cal kept playing Bradshaw against Florida after an awful first half (much to the chagrin of this board as it was happening) and he basically won the game down the stretch for us. But you certainly can't make an argument that Reed earned minutes he didn't get tonight.

Or the first.

Our four nba guards got outscored by their college kids 48-25.

• Wow
Reed and Edward's do not play the same position. Everyone agrees Edward's needs less playing time. I love Reed as much as the next guy but he needed to be on the bench tonight.

As far as Wagner I guess you missed the very next post were I said he played selfish.

Mitchell and Dillingham played a C game. The rest of our guys were D and Fs. We got smacked, on to the next game.
There's no apostrophe in Edwards' name. And Shep should NEVER be on the bench. NEVER. He should play as many minutes as possible. To say anything to the contrary is LUNACY. Even if he's not playing well he still tries to share the ball. DJ on the other hand is unfit to lead this team, and Edwards should not sniff the floor until 8 guys are tired.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT