ADVERTISEMENT

Reed, Adou, Z and Edwards

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
In that order, are the players I’d most like to see return. Group those with the freshman and go get a couple high-level transfers.

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

Could be a very, very good team next year despite the 🤡 still coaching them. But still young..

But there isn’t room, because this leaves out burks, hart, etc. and is already 10 deep.

(This assumes Rob, DJ, Bradshaw and Onyenso move on).

We obviously have no idea how it will all shake out, but when Cal says he will encourage guys to come back, he can’t have too many do so without players decommitting or transferring.

Reactions: Fox2monk
In that order, are the players I’d most like to see return. Group those with the freshman and go get a couple high-level transfers.

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

Could be a very, very good team next year despite the 🤡 still coaching them. But still young..

But there isn’t room, because this leaves out burks, hart, etc. and is already 10 deep.

We obviously have no idea how it will all shake out, but when Cal says he will encourage guys to come back, he can’t have too many do so without players decommitting or transferring.
Not to mention you need room to work the portal. He - or whoever the coach is - has to stop bringing in so many freshmen.

Reactions: bIhawk

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

One shooter and a bunch of forwards who aren’t very versatile, no that team is a first round or round of 32 exit

That’s not a good team . It’s a below average squad. Not enough shooters
That team is gonna have to be a grind it out defensive monster to be good. The problem is we sucked on defense this year and we will be relying on freshman again to do it. Maybe if Reed, and Perry is good enough to play big minutes. We get some better than expected shooting from Richmond, Knox, and Boogie. That also means Cal has to use Z properly to space the court and create mismatches at his position. It’s possible but I don’t see Cal using it properly.

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

Where's Bradshaw going? He pretty much played his way out of the draft. I hope he comes back and plays his way back in. I saw flashes of what could be.

Reactions: bIhawk
I think Burks would be top 7 or 8.

My preference order is
Reed
Theiro
Z
Edwards
Burks
Bradshaw

My likelihood order is Theiro, Burks, Hart, Reed, Bradshaw, Z

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

If I'm Z and Cal's the coach I leave. I mean Z was our best big the first half against Oakland. Then he didn't see the floor in the 2nd half until 7 mins left. He came in got an offensive rebound assisted a 3 pointer got us back in it and was pulled. He was just giving U-go-ahead and-lay-it-in a breather.

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

There’s not a pigs ass chance in the slaughterhouse of Reed Sheppard coming back

Reactions: rivercatinfl
I would be happy with this team you mentioned. BUT, I would swap out a couple of the freshman for a couple of ELITE transfers.

And I mean ELITE.

Like what Dalton Knecht or Terrence Shannon would have been- considering we could have gotten BOTH of those guys.

One true, dominant big man, and another elite scoring wing.

I would swap them out with Knox for sure (Knox would probably decommit and go to USF or back to OTE).

Starters:
Reed
Transfer Guard/Wing
Edwards
Thiero
Q

Bench:
Z
Boogie
Somto
Transfer
Richmond
Perry

Perry would be the true 11th man and not see a rotation.

Richmond is a big, physical wing who can defend.

Our shooting wouldn't be as strong unless that transfer guard can really stroke it and Edwards takes it up to 40%. Boogie Fland can shoot it.

Cal needs to not worry about the freshman class. If you have a chance to get an ELITE, ELITE transfer, you HAVE TO DO IT. If a kid decommits, then so be it.

Reed
Thiero
Edwards
Z
Quaintance
Boogie
Somto
Knox
Richmond
Perry

Well, since Thiero has already put his name in the portal, Reed is 95+% chance of going (at least from what others are speculating) and, at best, Edwards is 50/50 leaving, I'd say having 'this' team next year is pretty much a moo point (a cow's opinion, according to Joey Tribbiani).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT