ADVERTISEMENT

How about Justin Edwards and DJ Wagner.

both coming in strong. Edwards with 10 and 5 in only 16 minutes. He’s looked amazing at the 4. DJ shooting again and finished with 11/5/4 and only 1 TO in 24 minutes. Congrats to those 2 fighting and practicing hard all year. Right where they need to be down the stretch.

No doubt. Edwards keeps on this trajectory and he might end up my favorite part of this season. Kid has fought through a lot and seems to be emerging as the talent we’d hoped for.

DJ’s shooting stroke is back with a vengeance. He missed like 13-14 in a row IIRC, since then he’s been 2-4, 4-5, 3-5. 50%, 80%, 60%.

What a turn around.

Edit just to stress how bad of a slump he was in. He hadn’t made a 3 since 1/17 against Miss St and you have to go back to 12/29 against Illinois St for a game he made 2.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
both coming in strong. Edwards with 10 and 5 in only 16 minutes. He’s looked amazing at the 4. DJ shooting again and finished with 11/5/4 and only 1 TO in 24 minutes. Congrats to those 2 fighting and practicing hard all year. Right where they need to be down the stretch.
Excellent post. Hats off to both of these guys. Tough year for both...but they have ground it out. Nothing but respect from me.

Reactions: Fox2monk and chroix
DJ has really looked so much more like the player that I thought he be lately as his shot has started to fall.
It was the lingering ankle injury. He played at 80% for over a third of the season. He is still not at 100% but getting close. Anyone paying attention can see his lift and his cuts and lateral movement is much better now that it's healing.

Hopefully they both do the right thing and return for year 2!!
Both of these guys are the type that will likely perform very well in team workouts and see their stock elevate in a weak draft. I think Reed will be the opposite. I think individual workouts won't play to his stengths as much and will see his stock drop a bit, hopefully pushing him back for year 2.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Even though only played 7min, I think Bradshaw also played well. 2 in a row for him.
I agree, he is becoming more acclimated to the physical player and guys bigger than him. He’s really fighting for rebounds now. He’s not as lost on defense or getting pushed around as much.

It was the lingering ankle injury. He played at 80% for over a third of the season. He is still not at 100% but getting close. Anyone paying attention can see his lift and his cuts and lateral movement is much better now that it's healing.
No doubt when he first came back you could tell he had zero lift. Especially driving he couldn’t do anything because of no push off that foot.

A 2nd year Bradshaw with 20lbs of muscle added would be a force IMO.
No doubt, he is the perfect type player to develop in college. He has skills, just needs strength. If he could transform his body like Adou did he would see similar results.

Both are playing well and have adjusted to their roles. Proud of them. I was unsure how it would play out, but credit to them for just working thru it.

Kudos to both of them. Everything is coming together at the right time....................except the defense. Surely our coaching staff and players have some kind of plan for the rest of the season! Surely????

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT